Sox Grinders

TheBlackSox8

These Guys are perfect for next year...

Rowand

Burke

Davis

Gload

They need to keep these guys,  add a couple ozzieball players for next year via free agents/trading of non-grinders,  then a starter and a bullpen guy the Sox should be set.

Put Frank on that list too. I know you may not consider him a "grinder," but we won a lot of games when he was here and not so much when he wasn't.

IMO, Uribe's a grinder. Goes all out for every play and do the little things.

People should add to the list. I knew i'd miss people...cuz know that i think about it, uribe..Thomas..and Harris can be considered grinders.

Crede, Valentin, Borchard and a few of the pitchers are hardly considered grinders.

Polanco is not a free agent.

They need to keep these guys, add a couple ozzieball players for next year via free agents/trading of non-grinders, then a starter and a bullpen guy the Sox should be set.

Yeah, but they can still trade for someone like him...if not for him. I think I said that in my first post. ;)

Yeah,  but they can still trade for someone like him...if not for him.  I think I said that in my first post. ;)

Well when you mentioned catalanatto and renteria which are both free agents, along with polanco... followed by who else could the sox pick up that are considered grinders in free agency? I just thought you thought he was a free agent. ;)

I think some1 else will probably sign him to be a starter, a guy like Craig Counsell would be a perfect pick-up though.

I think Polanco would be a decent Ozzie type player. Jim H has me convinced Willie won't be around for 2005. Though Polanco doesn't have the speed numbers the sox should be looking for.

Isn't counsell like 80 yrs old though?