Awards from Soxtalk

Butter Parque

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here is a rough draft for the best game:

Opening Day- April 5th, -Royals 9-White Sox 7- The White Sox blow a huge lead on opening day and are saddled with a tough loss.

April 20th, Yankees 11- White Sox 8, In a rain-filled, Slip-N-Slide, Mark Buehrle gave up 8 runs in the first 2 innings, but the White Sox mounted a comeback, capped by Paul Konerko's 3-Run HR and Aaron Rowand's 2nd Home Run of the season. The White Sox fell short on their comeback but Ozzie Gillen never felt prouder of his team after their effort in this April classic.

April 25, White Sox 6- Devil Rays 5, The White Sox score 3 in the 9th to beat the Devil Rays. Kelly dransfeldt provided a game tying RBI single, scoring Ross Gload. Lance Carter walked in Juan Uribe to give the win to the White Sox.

April 28th- Cleveland Indians 8- White Sox 9, Chicago scores 5 in the ninth to come back and defeat the Indians on Sandy Alomar Jr.'s game-winning sacrafice fly.

April 14th, White Sox defeat KC Royals 10-9. Billy Koch blws the save but the White Sox score 2 in the ninth to defeat the Royals on Joe Crede's RBI single.

June 22nd, White Sox 11- Indians 9 (10 Innings) After a set of Bullpen failures, an 8-Run lead blown, and a terrible outing by Esteban Loaiza, Jose Valentine single-handedly carried the White Sox on his back with a 4-5 and 5 RBI performance, capped by the game winning 2-Run HR.

July 4th- It was July 4th and their were fireworks in this game. For the whole night Glendon Rusch shut down the White Sox battered offense, but in the 9th inning, no one could stop Carlos Lee from giving the city of Chicago some 4th of July fireworks. He put the White Sox on the board with his solo home-run that tied the game at 1. The White Sox would lose the game in the bottom of the ninth on Damaso Marte's game-losing walk, but no one could deny how exciting the game was.

July 24th, White Sox 7- Tigers 6, Whe down as far a 6-2 in the game, the White Sox staged a comeback with home-run's from Paul Konerko and Jose Valentine; but no one could prepare us for what would happen in the ninth inning off Ugeth Urbina. Joe Crede hit a game-winning homerun, his fourth game-winner of the season.

July 28th, Twins 5-White Sox 4, In a game of mistakes for both teams, the Twins pulled out a nailbiter against their rivals. Justin Morneau had 2 falty home-runs called back. In the 7th Inning, with the white sox trailing 4-3, Chicago quickly put runners on base with no one out but Juan Uribe and Jose Valentine made base-running blunders. When the inning and future of the game looked grim for the White Sox, they loaded the bases back up in the 7th. With 2 outs, Timo Perez put down a drag bunt down the first base line. He beat it out and everyone was safe off JC Romero. The score was tied going into the 10th. Shingo was pitching into his 2nd inning of the game. with 2 outs and runners on 2 and 3rd against Shingo Takatsu, Jacque Jones lofted a ball into the air in foul territory, Jose Valentine dropped the ball on an attempted running catch. With the White Sox giving Jacque Jones an extra out, he executed and looped an RBI single, scoring Christian Guzman for the game-winner.

We're going to need to narrow these down to 5.

Call me silly, but for Game of the Year, I would vote we throw out any game we lost.

I agree.

If this where you do not win nearly as many games, then a loss is understandable...I'm sure many Panther fans would feel that the game of the year was the Superbowl...but this is baseball.

However, if we do include losses...our 17-14 loss to Montreal HAS to be in there. It just has to be. For starters, you don't normally see games that end 17-14, and second of all, we were down like 10 runs and nearly came back to win.

All right, here we go: I think no matter whether we win or lose, a great game is a great game. I'll refer to the Twins game that I posted; Yah we lost a heartbreaker on that game, but there was no other game during the year that I thought was more exciting. When Timo Perez beat out that drag bunt, I thought that was the best play I had seen all year, and then when Valentin made that error, I mean you just couldn't write a more impelling script. Do you think Boston fans didn't think that the game on July 1st was bad becuase they lost. C'mon people, I don't like negativity towards the Sox either, but give me a break. Virtually the whole year was one of negativity. We didn't make the playoffs, I'm not about to color a beautiful picture here for this team. I'm gonna be fair.

As for the Montreal game, yeah we cam eback and made it a game, but that game to me, defines how bad are minor league system is with Arnie Munoz giving up 10 ER. It was a good effort by the team, but the next day on these boards do you think anyone cared, we were all talking about how bad Arnie and our Minor League System is.

SOXTALK AWARDS DATE!!!

The awards are set for Thursday, October 14th; Friday, October 16th; Saturday, October 17th. Its set for those days and the final results will be presented on that sunday.

How about we spread out the awards to give us something to do and talk about for as long as possible. We got a long winter ahead so there is no need to rush it. Lets take our time.

I don't think its such a good idea to spread them out over a long period of time because it would kind of take away the glamour of the soxtalk elections, :P Second, if its spread out, people will lose interest and forget about voting. If it quick and blunt, we will be able to get the maximum # of voters.

Also, I need more people to start posting ideas and comments on my preliminary categories and nominees as well as my "best game" category. If we don't get people to start replying then we're just going to have to go with what I have and you guys won't get to imply with what you want. it sucks because I want everybody to be a part of it and if no one gives replies then we will be losing out on some good ideas from others.

I don't think its such a good idea to spread them out over a long period of time because it would kind of take away the glamour of the soxtalk elections,  :P Second, if its spread out, people will lose interest and forget about voting. If it quick and blunt, we will be able to get the maximum # of voters.

Also, I need more people to start posting ideas and comments on my preliminary categories and nominees as well as my "best game" category. If we don't get people to start replying then we're just going to have to go with what I have and you guys won't get to imply with what you want. it sucks because I want everybody to be a part of it and if no one gives replies then we will be losing out on some good ideas from others.

I don't mind if they're spread out or not, but we should wait until at the earliest December to start considering to vote for these. The offseason is a slow one.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, i've made a descion and I guess most of you will like it.

It wasn't really what I wanted to do, but this isn't for me, its for the people who are anxious to vote and be a part of this thing.

The Soxtalk Awards have been postponed until November. Probably the week before Thanksgiving. I know it will occur on a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, as it was originally. I've made this decsion upon poster's request. i will not though, spread the awards out. i feel they will be best if kept together so that they will maintain a sort of awards spectacular. :P

Thank You for your patience,

Butter

OK, i've made a descion and I guess most of you will like it.

It wasn't really what I wanted to do, but this isn't for me, its for the people who are anxious to vote and be a part of this thing.

The Soxtalk Awards have been postponed until November. Probably the week before Thanksgiving. I know it will occur on a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, as it was originally. I've made this decsion upon poster's request. i will not though, spread the awards out. i feel they will be best if kept together so that they will maintain a sort of awards spectacular. :P

Thank You for your patience,

Butter

:headbang Good call Butter! :headbang