Florida about to be hit again.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Frances is going to become a cat 5, the local stations are saying, when it crosses the gulf stream.

The Orlando area is saying hurricane force winds for 6 hours straight, unlike Charley - that only lasted about 1-2 hours. They are saying Tropical Storm winds for 8-10 hours... sustained!

But - there is a slight change that a ridge of high pressure can pull it north before it gets to Miami - that remains to be seen, they say, and they should know more about that this afternoon when the hurricane hunters fly through the storm.

That is a big hurricane. Whereever it hits, it's going to be Andrew-esque I think.

That ain't a bad idea, actually.

:wub: nicest thing you've said to me.

We have a couple options.

1. Pick a charity like the Red Cross, Salvation Army, or whomever and send individual checks referencing Soxtalk.

2. Have a volunteer, probably not in the storm path, accept all the checks, bundle them, and give them to the choosen charity.

I've pinned this so anyone that wants the link to red cross can get it and if there are other ways people can come up with for us to help. If anyone feels it shouldn't be pinned, unpin away! ;)

So far we have:

Blood donations

Cash to the Red Cross

Edited by Queen Prawn

My grama, aunt, & uncle left melbourne this morning.. just got off the phone with my sister who is busy boarding up their house.. not going to be a fun few days down there. They are telling them they could be without power for 2 weeks, and possibility of 15 inches of rain. :o