Sox Not Going to Make Offer to Maggs

CWSGuy406

Hmm, just got home from school (Didn't see this posted, so...). And I'm hearing on AM 1000 and seeing in different places that Bruce Levine has stated the Sox won't make an offer to Maggs.

If the knee is truely this seriously injured, then I have no problem with letting Maggs walk. Get our comp picks, and let him walk - we shouldn't be paying a guy even eight million if we're uncertain of his health. That money can be better spent elsewhere.

So, I guess Magglio has played his last game in a White Sox uniform. Great career, here, Maggs, unfortunate that it had to end this way. Best of luck to wherever you go. :cheers :headbang

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, are you a dolt.

Let's party cause Maggs got hurt and JR gets to cheap out again.

Who said I was partying because Mags got hurt or JR was cheap? :banghead

I was simply happy because we are not going to be wasting 8+ mil on a guy who we are not sure how healthy he is going to be.

I would rather take that 8+ mil and fill other holes with it...

Who said I was partying because Mags got hurt or JR was cheap? :banghead

I was simply happy because we are not going to be wasting 8+ mil on a guy who we are not sure how healthy he is going to be.

I would rather take that 8+ mil and fill other holes with it...

And if you think that money is going anywhere else besides Reinsy's pockets you're sorely mistaken. Do you really think he is gonna sink any of that "Maggs Money" into another premier FA?

BTW..... your " :headbang " made me think the Sox cheaping out (which they would have done injury or not) was reason for you to whoop it up. Sorry if I misunderstood.

I can just about guarantee that this team will miss Ordonez and miss him badly. I always liked Maggs. He just did his job, and made no waves. Except to ask for the big bucks but what MLB player with stats like his doesn't these days? It sounds like his knee injury is of the career threatening variety. Anybody here got the inside scoop on that? In any case, this Sox fan is gonna miss him and I for one wish him nothing but the best. If he was healthy I think the Sox should have made him a strong offer, not a JR "special" with all kinds of incentives and backloading. His injury changes everything. Nothing at all good about this. We lose a very good guy. You see how well we've done without him and Frank in the lineup.

Im a HUGE Arow backer and fan, but he is in a far different category than Maggs. If Aaron can play like this all season long, then mabye I'll start beleiving, but I am not looking at Aaron to be the next Maggs.

I'm not banking on it that why I said if he could. Then we don't have to look so far for a playerr like magglio

It would strike me as very odd that the Sox will not offer Maggs arbitration, because they could easily just make part of the contract that he pass a physical, so the only risk would be that he accepted arbitration, not that he was healthy.

I think that Levine may have meant that the White Sox are not going to offer Magglio a long term contract, or a real offer, as opposed to the fact that they will offer him arbitration, which would almost certainly be a mere formality.

SB

It would strike me as very odd that the Sox will not offer Maggs arbitration, because they could easily just make part of the contract that he pass a physical, so the only risk would be that he accepted arbitration, not that he was healthy.

I think that Levine may have meant that the White Sox are not going to offer Magglio a long term contract, or a real offer, as opposed to the fact that they will offer him arbitration, which would almost certainly be a mere formality.

SB

That was my thinking too. Well said.

Im a HUGE Arow backer and fan, but he is in a far different category than Maggs. If Aaron can play like this all season long, then mabye I'll start beleiving, but I am not looking at Aaron to be the next Maggs.

He's a different player than Maggs, and with that said, I wouldn't mind him taking over in right field if we were able to sign a pretty good CF. Or keep him in CF and obtain a respectable RF with a good portion of money being spent on pitching. Aaron is a pretty darn good player, and he has finally been able to show what he can do with a little experience and health on his side. He has quicky become my favorite player, more because of the way he goes about playing and training.