Butter

YASNY

Some news on Jim Parque:

Jim Parque, let go by the White Sox during the past offseason, pitched five strong innings, aiding his case to make Tampa Bay's starting rotation as the Devil Rays beat the Cleveland Indians 3-2.

Parque gave up a two-run home run to Brandon Phillips in the second inning, but escaped a bases-loaded jam in the fourth. The left-hander walked three and struck out one.

Parque has a 4.09 ERA in his three starts this spring.

"I've said I would like to see Jim in our rotation, and I haven't seen anything in camp to show me anything different," Tampa Bay manager Lou Piniella said. "We'll see him one more time and we'll make a decision from there."

Well, I was always a big Butter fan. He kind of reminded of me as a pitcher. Especially when he came up and got shelled, cause that would happen every game if I was pitching at the major league level, lol.

Anyway, I do wish Jim the best. He pitched good and played with heart when he was here. For some reason I always liked him, even though his numbers weren't always great and at times he really struggled to go deep into games (Something I don't like out of any pitcher; they need to go deep, imo)

I agree that Parque was all heart. The one time I met him I was very impressed with his attitude. If I needed someone to watch my back, I'd pick him because he'd never give in.

I never understood why so many people didn't like him.

If he doesn't make it in this go round, it will be sad since the guy has all heart. No doubt though that his time was used up here, and a change of scenery has probably been great for him.

I agree that Parque was all heart.  The one time I met him I was very impressed with his attitude.  If I needed someone to watch my back, I'd pick him because he'd never give in.

I never understood why so many people didn't like him.

If he doesn't make it in this go round, it will be sad since the guy has all heart.  No doubt though that his time was used up here, and a change of scenery has probably been great for him.

You know what?

If Parque does flop as a DRay...I think the least we can do is honor what he did for us in 2000....and sign him to help us in front office management(anything....not GM or anything like that....but something)....and give him a nice salary....maybe like $250,000 or so, just for what he did for us. Without Butter....we didn't have that whole staff, even if he had a ton of run support....I say, who the hell cares? We scored a lot of runs that year....and we scored a lot when Jim pitched. He kept us in games and we rewarded him. Nothing wrong with that.

I've never met the guy....but he sounds like a great one. Hell, he even won a game for us this past year, beating the World Champion Angels....how many pitchers on the White Sox that were with us last year can say they beat the World Champions?

You know what?

If Parque does flop as a DRay...I think the least we can do is honor what he did for us in 2000....and sign him to help us in front office management(anything....not GM or anything like that....but something)....and give him a nice salary....maybe like $250,000 or so, just for what he did for us.  Without Butter....we didn't have that whole staff, even if he had a ton of run support....I say, who the hell cares?  We scored a lot of runs that year....and we scored a lot when Jim pitched.  He kept us in games and we rewarded him.  Nothing wrong with that.

I've never met the guy....but he sounds like a great one.  Hell, he even won a game for us this past year, beating the World Champion Angels....how many pitchers on the White Sox that were with us last year can say they beat the World Champions?

good point -

and I am using my 1,600 post to say how much I like the way you think and good catch on the Parque Angels thing.

I always liked Parque, and I guess I was one of the few.

I never had a problem with Butter as long as he pitched and kept his mouth shut. Whenever he opened his trap, he sounded whinier than 10 Big Hurts. The only time he opened his mouth and anything of substance came out of it was after the Detroit Tigers brawl in 2000. Other than that, it was WAA WAA WAA!!!!!