Chi Blackhawks Talk

LDF

Ruutu with two assists and a penalty in Finland's 4-4 tie with Sweden. Finland now clinches the Euro division, and will play Germany in the quarters.

Ruutu with some big hits, didn't score, but two assists in three games.

Man, I cannot wait to see some NHL hockey this year... The World Cup will be the last hockey we see in a while... :crying

Tony, let me try and find that out for you real quickly... I'll edit this post and put in the salaries when I find them...

Zhamnov, Alexei $ 4,500,000 C

Daze, Eric $ 3,200,000 LW

Karpovtsev, Alexander $ 3,100,000 D

Thibault, Jocelyn $ 3,100,000 G

Sullivan, Steve $ 3,000,000 RW

Berard, Bryan $ 2,010,000 D

Ruutu, Tuomo $ 1,130,000 C

McCarthy, Steve $ 1,127,500 D

Bell, Mark $ 1,072,500 LW

Arnason, Tyler $ 900,000 C

Calder, Kyle $ 900,000 LW

Robidas, Stephane $ 727,502 D

Nieminen, Ville $ 600,000 RW

Poapst, Steve $ 600,000 D

Dempsey, Nathan $ 600,000 D

Leighton, Michael $ 575,000 G

Quint, Deron $ 550,000 D

Passmore, Steve $ 550,000 G

Strudwick, Jason $ 550,000 LW

VandenBussche, Ryan $ 550,000 RW

Nichol, Scott $ 425,000 C

Moen, Travis $ 400,000 LW

McLean, Brett $ 350,000 C

Aitken, Johnathan $ 350,000 D

That comes to a total of $30,867,502. Now, take out Aitken, Vandy, Struddy, Quint, Passmore, Dempsey, Nieminen, Sully, Krapov, and Zhamnov, and that comes to $16,517,502. Add in raises for Ruutu, Berard, Daze, Thibault, and Bell (It was one of him, Calder, or Arny who got more money this year), plus the signings of Cullimore, Barnaby, and Brown - plus Jim Vandermeer, the defenseman we got from Philly - plus (yeah, this is getting annoying - sorry about that :P ) Yakubov, Keith/Ellison, Babchuk, Thorton and that comes to at the very most, nine million more (at the very most, IMO), and that comes to right around $25,000,000.

So yeah, Wirtz is a f***ing asshole who wants to go into this CBA as cheap as possible. And the earth is round. What else is new?

At least we have gotten rid of all of the s***ty contracts and old, bad veterans (Krapotsev) - we're a young team, and when we do play hockey next, we should be playing a tough, gritty hockey game. One thing's for sure - not many teams are going to be able to beat us up. We have a lot of tough players on this hockey team, and I like that a lot.

We will be a gritty team, no doubt about it, but what scares me is that the Hawks dont have any real size.

Daze HAS the needed size to be a force when it comes to grit; however, he doesn't use his size to his advantage. That's left me dumbfounded for a long time.

I totally understand, the play was horrible, but Bertuzzi is an AWESOME hockey player, there is no getting around it. Its a shame that one play with tarnish the rest of his hockey days. :headshake

It is a shame, but thats how it is in life....

Sometimes one thing can ruin you...

Sorry, Colorado is my favorite team and I just dont like Bertuzzi because of that...

Damn, Steel, what's with all of your varied team selection? You like the Avalanche, The White Sox, Kansas State, and the 'Phins... How the hell did that come to be?

Anyways - Ruutu, Vandermeer, Thorton, Barnaby, Brown, Nichol, Bell, Keith, Calder - hell, even Babchuk - are all able to play a gritty game, and a bunch of those guys will even throw down the gloves if needed. We don't have one true enforcer, but Thorton is a damn good fighter. Like I said, at the very least, we should be able to play a tough game. Hopefully that will lead to a more aggressive team, which will be better for all of us.

Damn, Steel, what's with all of your varied team selection?  You like the Avalanche, The White Sox, Kansas State, and the 'Phins...  How the hell did that come to be?

Anyways - Ruutu, Vandermeer, Thorton, Barnaby, Brown, Nichol, Bell, Keith, Calder - hell, even Babchuk - are all able to play a gritty game, and a bunch of those guys will even throw down the gloves if needed.  We don't have one true enforcer, but Thorton is a damn good fighter.  Like I said, at the very least, we should be able to play a tough game.  Hopefully that will lead to a more aggressive team, which will be better for all of us.

Ive liked the Dolphins ever since I was little, and I played Quarterback all the way till Sophomore year in High School (marino) until I was asked to move to RB..

I like the White Sox because I am from Chicago, but I also like the Bears, Bulls, and Blackhawks but they arent my favorite..

I like the Avalanche because I have been a fan ever since they moved to Colorado, I like Sakic and Forsberg and Roy..

I like Illinois in all college sports, but my favorite team is Kansas State, I use to live in Kansas and I have liked them ever since I have been following college sports hehe