Carl Pavano

LDF

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am just looking into all aspects of any pitcher who can help. i like to look for more than one yr and then ask my silly questions to see where others are on this subject.

any way, what is wrong to generate open discussion on any subject.

i am just looking into all aspects of any pitcher who can help. i like to look for more than one yr and then ask my silly questions to see where others are on this subject.

any way, what is wrong to generate open discussion on any subject.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything. Just asking your opinion of him from last Post-season.

In my opinion he is going to be a good one. He has really put it together over the past year and a half or so. Most pitchers take a few years to come into their own and he had some issues in his past that he is overcoming and starting to show his talent. The guy is one of the better pitchers that will be in the FA market and I hope we pursue him hard and make a solid offer to try and acquire him.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything.  Just asking your opinion of him from last Post-season. 

In my opinion he is going to be a good one.  He has really put it together over the past year and a half or so.  Most pitchers take a few years to come into their own and he had some issues in his past that he is overcoming and starting to show his talent.  The guy is one of the better pitchers that will be in the FA market and I hope we pursue him hard and make a solid offer to try and acquire him.

just the kind of response i was looking for. thanks

Here's the thing I find VERY interesting.

Carl Pavano is having an excellent year this year...and people tend to think he will continue this success for quite a few years, and while they may not be wrong...some of these people are the SAME people who are saying not to give Adrian Beltre the big bucks because he's in a contract year.

Uh...hello?

Carl Pavano should be as scary to anyone as Adrian Beltre...if signing Beltre scares you, Pavano should(and it works the other way too).

Here's the thing I find VERY interesting.

Carl Pavano is having an excellent year this year...and people tend to think he will continue this success for quite a few years, and while they may not be wrong...some of these people are the SAME people who are saying not to give Adrian Beltre the big bucks because he's in a contract year.

Uh...hello?

Carl Pavano should be as scary to anyone as Adrian Beltre...if signing Beltre scares you, Pavano should(and it works the other way too).

signing pavano is what scares me.

i am not too sure i am sold on him. but he is young, so the potential may be there. i don't know.

I don't know where I heard this, but I've read and heard that the GM of Baltimore really likes (I think the story was that he drafted Pavano) Carl, and that he'll be a top of the list priority for the Orioles this offseason.

I'd be content with grabbing Clement/Perez, and then loading up our bullpen...

orioles got burned by Ponson

I wonder if they'll spend big on Pavano.

and I know we won't -- and we shouldn't.

We'll be shopping at half-price Mondays.

i remember a huge amount of posters here wanted ponson, and i didn't.

but i wish someone on this board will give a good reason on why we should sign him(pavano).

Pavano is 28 years old and just now becoming the pitcher Montreal thought he'd become when the got him in the Pedro deal. So, several here want to sign this guy to a multimillion dollar multiyear contract.

Yet, so many want to give up on Jon Garland. I don't get it, folks. :huh

The Sox probably won't sign any big name FA's with a shaky history [injury or inconsistent production], pitchers or position players. Though they may take a gamble on a guy making less than $5 mill a yr, for no more than 2 yrs with an option yr. It doesn't make sense to take on huge contracts for questionable players who pose an injury risk or could tank.

A few guys who could be worth a large multi-yr contract-Odalis Perez, Matt Clement, Edgar Renteria, Orlando Cabrera [$6 mill tops]