Great Movie Quotes

jasonxctf

Commodus: The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor. Striking story! But now, the people want to know how the story ends. Only a famous death will do. And what could be more glorious than to challenge the Emperor himself in the great arena?

Maximus: You would fight me?

Commodus: Why not? Do you think I am afraid?

Maximus: I think you've been afraid all your life.

And the greatest part was when Uncle Rico threw the steak at his face. It was hilarious, I almost cried.  :lol:

That movie is so f***ing awesome! My friends and I talk about it all the time, especially that part ^. :lol: Another part of the movie that's f***in hilarious is this part:

Napoleon Dynamite : Stay home and eat all the freakin' chips, Kip.

Kip : Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Napoleon Dynamite : Since when, Kip? You have the worst reflexes of all time.

Kip : Try and hit me, Napoleon.

Napoleon Dynamite : What?

Kip : I said come down here and see what happens if you try and hit me.

From Pulp Fiction, I don't know why, but, imo, this is one of the funniest scenes ever:

Captain Koons : The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any of the slopes were gonna get their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

Pulp Fiction is the greatest modern script. No script post Pulp Fiction even comes close to touching the brilliance of PF's dialogue.

I forgot who said it, but it goes like this, "Murder hasn't been this funny since Pulp Fiction." I don't know what 'this' was in reference to either, but that's the truth of the matter.

Pulp Fiction is brilliant, and it's hard to make a 'brilliant' film if you don't involve symbolism and the inner human emotion.

Ok, I'm done ranting. My line is from The Graduate.

BEN

Mrs. Robinson - you are trying to seduce me.

There is a pause. She [Mrs. Robinson] looks at him.

BEN

(weaker)

Aren't you?

:headbang

My favorite Adam Sandler movie is that one where he acts all stupid, but then he runs into a girl that he likes, and then he tries to change his ways or does something to impress the girl, but then eventually she accepts him for being stupid, and everyone is happy.

Does anyone know which Adam Sandler movie I'm talking about?

Punch-Drunk Love was pretty good, and Sandler showed that he actually can act. However, I don't think he'd ever be worth a s*** without a filmmaker of the caliber P.T. Anderson is.

More funny s*** from Napoleon Dynamite:

Rex : At Rex Kwan Do, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here?

[points to Napoleon]

Rex : Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!

-And-

Pedro : Do you think people will vote for me?

Napoleon Dynamite : Heck yes! I'd vote for you.

Pedro : Like what are my skills?

Napoleon Dynamite : Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache.

And for sake of splitting into 2 what would have been a really long post, here's some more NP:

Uncle Rico : So how are things going with you and your girlfriend?

Kip : Well, I think it's getting pretty serious. We chat online for like two hours a day so yeah, you could say it's getting pretty serious.

-And-

[Kip is singing to Lafawnduh after they are pronounced husband and wife]

Kip : Why do you love me? Why do you need me? Always and forever... We met in a chatroom, now our love can fully bloom... Sure the world wide web is great, but you, you make my salvivate... I love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But i STILL love technology... Always and forever. Our love is like a flock of doves, flying up to heaven above... always and forever, always and forever... Why do you need me? Why do you love me? Always and forever...

-And-

Deb : I'm trying to raise money to go to college.

Kip : [from the background] Your mom goes to college.

:headbang

My favorite Adam Sandler movie is that one where he acts all stupid, but then he runs into a girl that he likes, and then he tries to change his ways or does something to impress the girl, but then eventually she accepts him for being stupid, and everyone is happy.

Does anyone know which Adam Sandler movie I'm talking about?

I saw that movie, but I could have sworn it was Pauly Shore instead of Sandler? :rolly