Now THIS is how you draft...

T R U

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all three of my starters are capeable of going over 1000 yards and 10 TD's

Reggie Wayne and Marcus Robinson off the bench are great options since Wayne is going to put up numbers and with Robinson opposite Moss he is going to get plenty of opportunities to put up numbers, look at his numbers in Baltimore, they were solid for how much he played..

Dominack Davis will be the starter all year like he was ALL of last year when he stepped in for Stacey Mack...

Capeable yes, likely no. 1000 yards is not saying much anyways, what is that, 62 yards per game? Not very good, but ok. To say that any of these WRs will do what you stated is a big reach.

Chris Chambers has never had 1000 yards and caught over 10 TDs once, last year. With Booker and McMichael getting more TD looks I doubt those numbers will go up.

Isaac Bruce barely went over 1000 yards 2 years ago and didn't make it to 1000 yards last year. he hasn't seen double digits TDs in 5 years and his last three years were 6, 7, and 5 He is in a steady decline.

Peerless Price has had one good year when he was a #2 receiver. He has never had 10 or more TDs in a year. and besides the 2002 year he has never had more than 900 yards.

Wayne is just awful and disappointing every single year. He has never been over 900 yards and has never caught more than 7 TDs.

Robinson is NOT opposite Moss, Burelson is. Robinson is in Coach Tice's doghouse for supposedly nursing an injury. Tice is pretty PO'd about that situation. I saw Robinson last year, but I have also seen him the last 3 years before that. His numbers were not that great last year and all he did was grab floating jump balls from Anthony Wright. One game against Seattle with 4 TDs and the rest of the year only 2. Not too spectacular if you ask me. He has only gone over 1000 yards once and that was his MAGICAL season with the Bears and he has never had 10 TDs.

We will see how they pan out and how Dom holds up for an entire year of punishment. At 5'9" 220lbs he will most likely not be able to hold up and he showed a lot of wear last year in December. He did not play against Jax in December of last year due to injury. His 2 games following that against Tenn and TB were horrific. He only had one good game and that was against Indy and he didn'nt even reach 100 yards rushing. And who didn't have a good day running against Indy? He never even played a full year at LSU as a featured back and never had more than 193 carries or more than 931 yards and that was in college.

He played behind LaBrandon Toefield at LSU as he was used primarily as an all-purpose back/kickoff returner/punt returner and that is eventually what he will be in the NFL. He will eventually be a 3rd down back/kickoff returner/punt returner. This is just my opinion of course, but usually backs built like Dom Davis, Charlie Garner, and Brian Westbrook do't make it through too many seasons. 5' 8" 203 lb Barry Sanders is an exception to that rule. I know Barry Sanders, Dom Davis is no Barry Sanders.

Quentin Griffin and Dom Davis will eventually be the same backs being put in the same exact positions. Like it or not that is what I see that you got.

Who cares what I think though. It is your team and if you are happy with it then that is all that matters. You are the one that has to be comfortable with it and has to play with it every week. Not me. We wil lsee how everything pans out during and after the season.

For those who care, here's my team, what do you think? (Starters in bold.)

QB - McNair

QB - Pennington

QB - Brunell

QB - Fiedler

RB - Alexander

RB - C Brown

RB - Staley

RB - Foster

RB - Minor

WR - C Johnson (CIN)

WR - K Johnson (DAL)

WR - Lloyd

WR - R Williams (JAC)

WR - Calico

WR - Evans

TE - Jones (ARI)

TE - Clark (Someone help me out. Should I start Clark or Jones? Jones is @ ST LOUIS, Clark is vs. Detroit)

Here's my logic - first off, I really like my starting QBs. I like McNair, as well as Pennington who is awesome in the red-zone. Brunell should do well in Joe Gibbs' offense, with a TON of weapons. Fiedler - meh - he's a backups'-backup.

My halfbacks are iffy, but Brown was one of my big sleepers going into the draft. I really think he's going to have an awesome season, catching and running the ball. I like Staley because he's going to be the feature back behind an excellent O-Line at Pittsburg. Minor - meh - I picked him only because he's going to start and should get some touches. I figure Foster will get at least three - five starts this year, because I doubt Stephen Davis will hold up for a whole season. Plus, I really like Foster, ever since he was drafted.

Besides Chad Johnson, most of my WRs are sleepers who I'm really banking on. I think Lloyd will be the featured WR in San Frans' offense, and I think Keyshawn will be Vinny T's favorite target, as he was in the preseason. I really like Reggie Williams - he might turn out to be the best Williams out of he, Roy, and Mike. Calico and Lee Evans are major sleepers for me. Calico will be the number 2 receiver in Tenn, and same with Lee Evans in Buffalo.

And finally, my tight ends are mediocre. I think Desmond Clark will be one of the biggest passing weapons in the Bears offense this year, that's why I picked him. I think Des will rack up a lot of TDs in the redzone, too.

I'll take a kicker later, there's a ton of them available for FAs.

What do you guys think of my team, and who should I start at TE week one?

For those who care, here's my team, what do you think? (Starters in bold.)

QB - McNair

QB - Pennington

QB - Brunell

QB - Fiedler

RB - Alexander

RB - C Brown

RB - Staley

RB - Foster

RB - Minor

WR - C Johnson (CIN)

WR - K Johnson (DAL)

WR - Lloyd

WR - R Williams (JAC)

WR - Calico

WR - Evans

TE - Jones (ARI)

TE - Clark (Someone help me out.  Should I start Clark or Jones?  Jones is @ ST LOUIS, Clark is vs. Detroit)

Here's my logic - first off, I really like my starting QBs.  I like McNair, as well as Pennington who is awesome in the red-zone.  Brunell should do well in Joe Gibbs' offense, with a TON of weapons.  Fiedler - meh - he's a backups'-backup.

My halfbacks are iffy, but Brown was one of my big sleepers going into the draft.  I really think he's going to have an awesome season, catching and running the ball.  I like Staley because he's going to be the feature back behind an excellent O-Line at Pittsburg.  Minor - meh - I picked him only because he's going to start and should get some touches.  I figure Foster will get at least three - five starts this year, because I doubt Stephen Davis will hold up for a whole season.  Plus, I really like Foster, ever since he was drafted.

Besides Chad Johnson, most of my WRs are sleepers who I'm really banking on.  I think Lloyd will be the featured WR in San Frans' offense, and I think Keyshawn will be Vinny T's favorite target, as he was in the preseason.  I really like Reggie Williams - he might turn out to be the best Williams out of he, Roy, and Mike.  Calico and Lee Evans are major sleepers for me.  Calico will be the number 2 receiver in Tenn, and same with Lee Evans in Buffalo.

And finally, my tight ends are mediocre.  I think Desmond Clark will be one of the biggest passing weapons in the Bears offense this year, that's why I picked him.  I think Des will rack up a lot of TDs in the redzone, too.

I'll take a kicker later, there's a ton of them available for FAs.

What do you guys think of my team, and who should I start at TE week one?

Your team looks okay, those leagues with 2 starting QB's are interesting. I like them because it negates the high demand for runningbacks a bit. Just to wonder, was it a 12 team league? I'm not really seeing a guy I would have taken in the 3rd otherwise. You're right, the QB's are pretty good for a league with 2 starters. At RB Alexander is a stud, Brown is a pretty good sleeper, although I'm not a fan of using him as a #2 RB. Chad Johnson is a stud receiver, I'm not sure about the rest. I'd go with Clark pretty regularly at TE. He's a pretty good player, and Indy will throw the ball a lot. I'd stay away from any Cardinal not named Boldin(really liked him before he got hurt) or Fitzgerald.

Come on Irish, now you're ragging on Chambers? Do you like anyone that's not on your roster or wearing a Vikings jersey? The guy had 963 yards last year, it's not like he missed by a lot, and he had 883 in his rookie year with only 6 starts. I know a lot of those numbers last year came in the Dallas game, but that is true with a lot of receivers. My gut feeling is he will get about 900 and 8 minimum, the guy has quite a bit of talent and they will probably throw the ball more without Williams in the lineup. They really only have 3 legit options in Chambers, Booker, and McMichael, and the other guys aren't exactly perennial 100 catch receivers. As for Bruce, I know you don't like him, but even in an off year he had 981 yards. Not a lot of receivers can say that. I kind of agree on Price, but it's not like he had a whole lot of help last year, with Vick missing most of the year and a weak receiving core around him. I've seen much worse #3 receivers. Wayne is serviceable as a backup, I'd be shocked if he got worse than 800 and 5, Manning is going to throw it too much for him to not get that, and every pass can't go to Harrison. They got a lot of weapons, but Wayne seems to be the next best option. Steel, you got some pretty good WR's, but expecting 10 TD's from any of them might be a bit of a stretch.

We've gone through the Davis thing, but what the hell. How many backs really do anything against Tennessee? Not a lot, they had the number one run defense in the league last year. Tampa doesn't have that bad a run D either. Plus he only had 30 carries combined in those two games, so he would have really had to dominate to get 100. Think about it, to get 100 yards on 20 carries or less, you gotta average over 5 yards a pop. That's pretty tough. He had 6 games with 20 or more carries, and got 100 yards in 3 of them, and had 99 in another, and had 100 on 15 carries in one game. He seems like a decent #2 back to me, although there are better options. If he was the best RB available I'd certainly look to see if any of the stud receivers were there. The number of carries he gets may be an issue, as you mentioned earlier, Hollings will get carries. However, from what I read, Davis will still get about 15 carries a game, which is more than he had in 5 of his games last year, and he didn't play one of them early(I believe it was a coaches decision, but I am not 100% sure). He did have an inconsistent career at LSU, but he also had a couple of huge games. He's one of those 1 year wonders right now, but he produced fairly well last year, so who knows. I personally think he is okay but not stellar. He's one of the lowest rated backs I personally have any faith in.

I'm gonna say it again, size has nothing to do with the frequency of a player's injuries. There are plenty of small guys that get hurt, there are plenty of big guys that get hurt, there are guys in between that get hurt. I know you brought it up with Westbrook too, but he's played 15 games both of his seasons, so that's pretty good. It's really a case by case basis. Nagging injuries happen to everyone in the league at some point, you gotta stay away from guys that either get them regularly or get major injuries. So far, Davis looks okay, I know he missed some at LSU, but he missed 1 last season that I know was due to injury. He's played only one year, so I don't really think any assumptions can be made.

Come on Irish, now you're ragging on Chambers? Do you like anyone that's not on your roster or wearing a Vikings jersey? The guy had 963 yards last year, it's not like he missed by a lot, and he had 883 in his rookie year with only 6 starts. I know a lot of those numbers last year came in the Dallas game, but that is true with a lot of receivers. My gut feeling is he will get about 900 and 8 minimum, the guy has quite a bit of talent and they will probably throw the ball more without Williams in the lineup. They really only have 3 legit options in Chambers, Booker, and McMichael, and the other guys aren't exactly perennial 100 catch receivers. As for Bruce, I know you don't like him, but even in an off year he had 981 yards. Not a lot of receivers can say that. I kind of agree on Price, but it's not like he had a whole lot of help last year, with Vick missing most of the year and a weak receiving core around him. I've seen much worse #3 receivers. Wayne is serviceable as a backup, I'd be shocked if he got worse than 800 and 5, Manning is going to throw it too much for him to not get that, and every pass can't go to Harrison. They got a lot of weapons, but Wayne seems to be the next best option. Steel, you got some pretty good WR's, but expecting 10 TD's from any of them might be a bit of a stretch.

We've gone through the Davis thing, but what the hell. How many backs really do anything against Tennessee? Not a lot, they had the number one run defense in the league last year. Tampa doesn't have that bad a run D either. Plus he only had 30 carries combined in those two games, so he would have really had to dominate to get 100. Think about it, to get 100 yards on 20 carries or less, you gotta average over 5 yards a pop. That's pretty tough. He had 6 games with 20 or more carries, and got 100 yards in 3 of them, and had 99 in another, and had 100 on 15 carries in one game. He seems like a decent #2 back to me, although there are better options. If he was the best RB available I'd certainly look to see if any of the stud receivers were there. The number of carries he gets may be an issue, as you mentioned earlier, Hollings will get carries. However, from what I read, Davis will still get about 15 carries a game, which is more than he had in 5 of his games last year, and he didn't play one of them early(I believe it was a coaches decision, but I am not 100% sure). He did have an inconsistent career at LSU, but he also had a couple of huge games. He's one of those 1 year wonders right now, but he produced fairly well last year, so who knows. I personally think he is okay but not stellar. He's one of the lowest rated backs I personally have any faith in.

I'm gonna say it again, size has nothing to do with the frequency of a player's injuries. There are plenty of small guys that get hurt, there are plenty of big guys that get hurt, there are guys in between that get hurt. I know you brought it up with Westbrook too, but he's played 15 games both of his seasons, so that's pretty good. It's really a case by case basis. Nagging injuries happen to everyone in the league at some point, you gotta stay away from guys that either get them regularly or get major injuries. So far, Davis looks okay, I know he missed some at LSU, but he missed 1 last season that I know was due to injury. He's played only one year, so I don't really think any assumptions can be made.

Did you see what he wrote? Every one of his receivers are capeable of going 1000 yards and 10 TDs. To have Chambers as your #1 receiver is asking for BIG trouble. As I said before, 1000 yards is not even that big a deal let alone 900 like you state. You better hope for a lot more than that from your #1 receiver.

Bruce had an off year? Check out his stats, he is in a steady decline and he has an awful QB throwing him the ball. He didn't just have an off year, he is going into decline, tooo bad you can't see that.

Davis in rounds 4- whatever yes he is a good back to have. He is a good back to have as a #3. To count on him as a #2 with his college injury history and the way he broke down last year (there was a reason he received so little carries at the end of the year and one game he didn't even play in) when all you have is LaDaninan on your whole team to carry you is asking for big trouble. Domanick Davis is a #3 back that should be drafted during the 4th round or later. He is currently being drafted in the 2nd round and is being asked to do way too much. I am not just saying his size is the only thing in the way of him getting injured, but he has not been the most durable back in college or in his one year in the pros. Assumptions can be made because you can go back during his college years and look at his history plus his one year in the pros.

Heres my team...

QB- Culpepper

QB- BJ (Brad Johnson)

WR- Steve Smith

WR- Darrell Jackson

WR- Issac Bruce

WR- Larry Fitzgerald

WR- Jimmie Smith

WR- Quincy Morgan

RB- Priest Holmes

RB- Stephan Davis

RB- Curtis Martin

K- Jason Elam

K- Jason Hanson

DEF- Dallas

D- Warren Sapp

D- R.W. McQuarters

D- Shaun Williams

My weakest spot is D, but this team isn't bad considering I went to a Sox game on the night of the draft so this was all my pre-rankings and the computer. There are 8 teams, by the way.