Charlotte

KipWellsFan

This is Majewski's third tour of duty with the Sox, and he hasn't made the 40 man roster yet.  He spent a year in the Dodger's system and came back to us in a trade.  Wasn't he part of the Barry/Berry mishap?

yes he was... berry/barry was the other player we were supposed to recieve in the baldwin trade...

He did very poorly when he went to the dodgers system.... but he was one evans wanted cause he knew him when he was with the sox...

Rex is very high on him, and hes a fairly good judge of talent...

Evans was a big fan of Majewski when we sent him to the Dodgers. At that time he was a solid starting pitching prospect. The only reason he isn't on the 40, is that typically teams don't carry many relievers on the 40 man roster. Well, not many minor league relievers.

Right when we made the Baldwin deal, I was excited that we got Majewski back cause it was a guy that was pretty damn good with us, then struggled when he went to the Dodgers and our guys straightened him back up.

Jim, what's up with Heath Phillips, was he hurt?

Also, have you seen/heard anything about Jason Stumm or Brian Sager, have they been around camp?

I know they're not gonna be ready to pitch at the beginning of the season, just wondered if you've seen anything about them.

Also ... as a season tix holder ... kudos to you for posting here. It is classy, and appreciated.

For one, I'm damn glad Majewski is back. He pitches inside, which I really like. He's still very young too, only 23. So there's time. He has basically taken things one rung at a time since being drafted in '98. His heavy sinker is a big plus for a middle inning guy. I hope he gets a shot sometime soon.

Well, he wasn't pitching, so I just saw him covering first base, but he looked alright. He's a big guy, thats for sure. I have heard a lot of good things about him, and his work ethic and attitude, so I really hope he can get healthy and get back on track, cause "stuff wise", he's great.

Phillips had some arm soreness at the beginning of camp but I think he is starting to feel a liitle better. I dont know if he is gonna break in Winston or stay in Tucson a couple of weeks.

Stumm just started throwing off the mound again and he is pain free. He'll be in extended a bit before probably heading to Winston.

Sager is in the same boat as Stumm but will probably go to Kan. when he is ready to go.

Guest hotsoxchick1

and what im wanting to know is how are you doing thus far jim???????? give us the low down on how you would rate yourself if you were a scout......just curious is all...........

Im what you would call a strike thrower. I can locate and throw any of my 4 pitches for strikes at any time in the count. I pitched today and went 5 innings giving up two runs on 3 hits and 0 BB and 5 K. The best part of it though was I only threw 56 pitches. I havent walked a guy all spring and I have been getting a lot of early contact outs. I think if I continue to throw strikes I will have a good year and continue to move up the organizational chart.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Im what you would call a strike thrower.  I can locate and throw any of my 4 pitches for strikes at any time in the count.  I pitched today and went 5 innings giving up two runs on 3 hits and 0 BB and 5 K.  The best part of it though was I only threw 56 pitches.  I havent walked a guy all spring and I have been getting a lot of early contact outs.  I think if I continue to throw strikes I will have a good year and continue to move up the organizational chart.

your starting off in birmingham this year????????? if so ill see you down there........if not maybe ill make a special trip this summer where ever it is you land on that chart........im very interested in seeing what you have on the mound........espically that non walk pitching and that early contact out stuff........you go back and forth alot with your speed????? just curious.......

Guest hotsoxchick1

what i meant by that last question...... was early in the innings more of a flexuation in speed.. and leaning moreso to the faster harder throws.... and then stay more consistant in the later innings slower steadier tosses.......... sorry i sent that before my thought process was over ............that happens when you get old......... :D

Im what you would call a strike thrower.  I can locate and throw any of my 4 pitches for strikes at any time in the count.  I pitched today and went 5 innings giving up two runs on 3 hits and 0 BB and 5 K.  The best part of it though was I only threw 56 pitches.  I havent walked a guy all spring and I have been getting a lot of early contact outs.  I think if I continue to throw strikes I will have a good year and continue to move up the organizational chart.

Jim, would you compare yourself a lot to Stewart and Buehrle?

Also, since I didn't get to see ya play down in Arizona, hopefully I'll be making a trip to the minors and will get to see ya play a game in Birmingham or Charlotte if you end up getting promoted their sometime during the season.

By the way, congrats on the good game. Sounds like a very solid outing. :headbang