Free Ipods?

bigred3535

A buddy of mine was telling me about a website giving away free iPods if you sign up for a trial from AOL or something like that. Does anybody know if this is legit? I'd have to say it'd be a pretty sweet deal if it is. I'm gonna try and do some research on it, but if anybody's knows about it let me know.

I found an article on it from Wired magazine and it seems like it's pretty straightforward. Here's the link for the story if anybody wants to read it:

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614...tw=wn_2culthead

I think I'm gonna give it a shot. What the hell, right? Worst thing that happens is I don't get a free iPod...unless AOL starts stalking me and slashing my tires because I won't pay them or something.

OK, I signed up. Here's the deal for anyone who's curious. You don't have to give a credit card to the actual freeipod site but I did have to give one for the partner site I signed up for, which was Netscape. Then after that you have to refer five people to the site in order to get an iPod. If anyone wants to sign up here's a link and you can be one of my referrals, and help me get one:

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8694526

I'm not trying to be a dick and open up some can of worms and get people posting all kinds of this stuff on soxtalk, because this is an awesome site (despite the fact that I've been too busy to get on it much recently, haha) and I don't want that to happen. So if the moderators don't want this post up they can feel free to take it down and I won't be pissed off or anything.

This is the third or fourth thread. Good luck.

Think about this. Why would a company give away iPods to everyone in the US without making something? Companies stay in business because they make money. The US government is the only entity that seemingly can turn a deficit every year and keep their doors open.

I have no doubt that some people get free iPods, but only after other people have spent money.

On the topic of actualy Ipods...

Are they really worth it?

If you are gonna have Itunes and pay $1/song wouldn't it be better to buy all the songs and burn them onto CD's?

You don't have to buy a song of off iTunes to put it on your iPod. I have nearly 10,000 songs, none of which were bought from the iTunes store and all of which can go on my iPod.