First Car

whitesoxin'

I think there was a thread here before, but I couldn't find it.

I saw a thread like this over at the other site, so I thought I'd start one here. I got my first car a few weeks ago as a gift from my grandma. It's a 96 Chevy S10 Truck. Drives well, only has 75,000 miles on it. I'm saving up now though for a nicer car.

90 mercury tracer. looked almost exactly like this one, color and all...

90_mercury_tracer.jpg

only lasted about a week before the head cracked on it. too expensive to fix so i got a 90 toyota corrola. looked like this one except it was silver...

90ToyotaCorollaMaroon.jpg

i loved that car. :wub: lasted me a couple years and about 100k miles (it had over 150k when i got it). nothing major went wrong with it until the tranny went out. that's pretty expensive to fix plus i was afraid that since nothing major went wrong with the car everything was soon gonna start going so i sadly sent her out to pasture... :crying

chevrolet-camaro-1987c.jpg

I’ve had it since like before I was born.  :D

Awesome wheels Yoda. I have wanted one of those for a few years. I was always a fan of the late 80's/early 90's Camaro, I.E. the I-Roc Z. How much one of those run ya nowadays for one in decent shape ya think? I was thinkin of trying to get one.

Awesome wheels Yoda.  I have wanted one of those for a few years.  I was always a fan of the late 80's/early 90's Camaro, I.E. the I-Roc Z.  How much one of those run ya nowadays for one in decent shape ya think?  I was thinkin of trying to get noe.

If you look hard enough you could probably find a good one for a few thousand. All you need then are some Bon Jovi cassettes, torn jeans and a leather jacket and you're good to go. :lol:

I think there was a thread here before, but I couldn't find it.

I saw a thread like this over at the other site, so I thought I'd start one here. I got my first car a few weeks ago as a gift from my grandma. It's a 96 Chevy S10 Truck. Drives well, only has 75,000 miles on it. I'm saving up now though for a nicer car.

Oddly enough, my first car will be a Chevy S10.I am getting it from my dad next month. Anyways, it has 75,00 miles on it too.... :o It is an '01 model though. It it the stupidest blue color ever. :banghead

My first car was a 1986 (Blue) Chevy Malibu station wagon I inherited from my grandpa.

Next I had a 1990 Hyundai Excel which I would still have if that b**** didn't hit it (my dad was driving) and knock into a tree which sheered the tranny - of course the b**** had no insurance and all I had was liability. It was her second wreck in three days at that intersection - she refused to obey the stop sign.

Next was my 1998 Hyundai Tiburon (nice car, but hated the redesigns).

Next is my current car (that is almost paid off - crossing fingers) - 2002 Mercury Cougar Sport Coupe.

My dream car is a 60s Mercury Comet (either the Comet Cyclone, Comet Caliente or Comet Capri) or a 60s Ford Fairlane.

My first car was a 1976 Grand Torino station wagon, powder blue. Only saving grace was that it had a big-ass V-8 that rocked! Other kids would rev up at stop lights and stuff, thinking I was in a sation wagon. UNtil the light turned green. First NEw car was much better, 1988 Dodge Daytona Turbo with T-tops. Black, manual trans, ann tricked out. Got 100,000 miles on that baby before it finally gave out.