Who do you want?

knightni

I know it's unlikely to happen but...  

90 members have voted

1. 1. I know it's unlikely to happen but...

• Jon Garland
    • Alfonso Soriano

hahahaha, ok Cashman, now you are talking about the stats between a 340,000 player, and a 4.5 million dollar player , thats a tough comparison. Lets start doing that with every player we have. Because we all know that we have unlimited money. We are a small-market to mid market team folks. The big FA's are NOT I repeat NOT going to come here to play for a team that cant win games, and cant pay them the money. We cant just dump a lower tier player and pick up a 4.5 million dollar paycheck. We are going to be lucky if KW opens up his wallet for a big pitcher, let alone a small improvement in hitting with a 4 million dollar increase in payroll.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahaha, ok Cashman, now you are talking about the stats between a 340,000 player, and a 4.5 million dollar player , thats a tough comparison.  Lets start doing that with every player we have.  Because we all know that we have unlimited money.  We are a small-market to mid market team folks.  The big FA's are NOT I repeat NOT going to come here to play for a team that cant win games, and cant pay them the money.  We cant just dump a lower tier player and pick up a 4.5 million dollar paycheck.  We are going to be lucky if KW opens up his wallet for a big pitcher, let alone a small improvement in hitting with a 4 million dollar increase in payroll.

140 points of improvement in OPS is small? That's news to me.

not really, its even lower than willie's

Carlos Lee .367

Aaron Rowand .367

Paul Konerko .358

Willie Harris .346 barely better than koskie.

Carl Everett 323

Juan Uribe .318

Joe Crede .295

Jose Valentin .290

Koskie's obp this year is .343 which is a bad year for him. His career obp is .373 better than any player on the white sox that is not named frank thomas.

hahahaha, ok Cashman, now you are talking about the stats between a 340,000 player, and a 4.5 million dollar player , thats a tough comparison.  Lets start doing that with every player we have.  Because we all know that we have unlimited money.  We are a small-market to mid market team folks.  The big FA's are NOT I repeat NOT going to come here to play for a team that cant win games, and cant pay them the money.  We cant just dump a lower tier player and pick up a 4.5 million dollar paycheck.  We are going to be lucky if KW opens up his wallet for a big pitcher, let alone a small improvement in hitting with a 4 million dollar increase in payroll.

Corey koskie is a big time free agent? :huh:

Alright FA experts, you keep pushing for an average third baseman with a ridiculous paycheck, whose career is in so much decline his only team is ready to ship him out of the door. I'll sit here and be realistic about it. You want a world series team?? concentrate on the players that nobody has heard about. That peter gammons, hasnt written about on ESPN.com. Because thats how small market teams win games, and championships.

Alright FA experts, you keep pushing for an average third baseman with a ridiculous paycheck, whose career is in so much decline his only team is ready to ship him out of the door.  I'll sit here and be realistic about it.  You want a world series team?? concentrate on the players that nobody has heard about.  That peter gammons, hasnt written about on ESPN.com.  Because thats how small market teams win games, and championships.

They do not want him because for one they do not have the money and for two they know how to scout white sox on the other hand do not. They have players that can take over third for them next year for next to nothing.

Alright FA experts, you keep pushing for an average third baseman with a ridiculous paycheck, whose career is in so much decline his only team is ready to ship him out of the door.  I'll sit here and be realistic about it.  You want a world series team?? concentrate on the players that nobody has heard about.  That peter gammons, hasnt written about on ESPN.com.  Because thats how small market teams win games, and championships.

So who would you be "concentrating" on at 3B that no one has heard of?

nice, i think halter is a little old though. As far as players we can afford I would go for huff or figgins.  I like figgins alot since he is a switch hitter, can steal bases and hasnt yet found his potential

Who do you presume we trade for either that would make sense for both teams?

nice, i think halter is a little old though. As far as players we can afford I would go for huff or figgins.  I like figgins alot since he is a switch hitter, can steal bases and hasnt yet found his potential

Huff made $2.7 million this year, and is about to head into free agency after next year. He has much better numbers than Koskie and a way higher ceiling. He will make much more money than Koskie will. And since he isn't freely available now, we would have to give up a ton of players to get him.

Figgins isn't a free agent. We can't sign him. Same with Ryan Freel. To get those guys we have to trade players from an already depleted farm system.

Huff made $2.7 million this year, and is about to head into free agency after next year.  He has much better numbers than Koskie and a way higher ceiling.  He will make much more money than Koskie will.  And since he isn't freely available now, we would have to give up a ton of players to get him.

Figgins isn't a free agent.  We can't sign him.  Same with Ryan Freel.  To get those guys we have to trade players from an already depleted farm system.

Huff is supposedly being shopped to make room for gathright.

I was using those for examples. I think its a pipe dream if anyone thinks that we are just going to buy an infield. If thats your thinking than the otherside of town is always looking for some bandwagon riders. Its going to be one of those small contract guys who will push this team over the edge

I was using those for examples.  I think its a pipe dream if anyone thinks that we are just going to buy an infield.  If thats your thinking than the otherside of town is always looking for some bandwagon riders.  Its going to be one of those small contract guys who will push this team over the edge

4.5 million for a solid third baseman is not exactly buying an infield imo but whatever.