PGA Tour

Guys, do yourself a favor and watch the final round of the Deutsche Bank Championship on ABC starting at 2pm. Even if you don't like golf, it is a rare opportunity to see the #1 and #2 ranked players in the world tee off together with that #1 ranking on the line.

Tiger Woods has been ranked #1 for a record 264 consecutive weeks, but Vijay Singh has finally caught up with him. All Vijay has to do is finish higher than Tiger to oust him. Right now he leads by three strokes going into the final day. This is just about the closest thing there is to a championship title in golf these days with the world ranking system. History may be made today.

Guys, do yourself a favor and watch the final round of the Deutsche Bank Championship on ABC starting at 2pm.  Even if you don't like golf, it is a rare opportunity to see the #1 and #2 ranked players in the world tee off together with that #1 ranking on the line.

Tiger Woods has been ranked #1 for a record 264 consecutive weeks, but Vijay Singh has finally caught up with him.  All Vijay has to do is finish higher than Tiger to oust him.  Right now he leads by three strokes going into the final day.  This is just about the closest thing there is to a championship title in golf these days with the world ranking system.  History may be made today.

I really want to see the outcome of this one, but I have classes all day. I'm thinking the inevitable is going to happen today; Vijay is going to do what is needed to become the new #1. I've always been a Tiger supporter; I don't know if I'd be into playing or watching golf if it wasn't for him. I started playing in about '96, right when he was starting on the PGA.

No matter the outcome of this one, what a run it's been for Tiger at #1! :cheers

As expected, Vijay's the new #1.

Good for golf I think, I think Tiger will work a lot harder with his game now to get back the #1 spot. But in a few years I also think the Aussie Adam Scott will be right up there with Els, Woods and Singh.

Good for golf I think, I think Tiger will work a lot harder with his game now to get back the #1 spot. But in a few years I also think the Aussie Adam Scott will be right up there with Els, Woods and Singh.

It's really hard to say about this being good for golf. I mean it might be good that Tiger's no longer the #1 player for some variety, but he's brought so many fans to the game. If you look at the TV ratings with him in contention compared to him not being in contention or not in the tournament at all, there's such an insane difference.

From what I've seen, Vijay's not really the most charismatic guy on tour. He's really impersonal, etc. He was also one of the big guys to speak out against Annika Sorentstam playing in that one PGA event last year.

We'll see though. Like I said in an earlier post; nice run Tiger! :cheers

It's really hard to say about this being good for golf.  I mean it might be good that Tiger's no longer the #1 player for some variety, but he's brought so many fans to the game.  If you look at the TV ratings with him in contention compared to him not being in contention or not in the tournament at all, there's such an insane difference. 

From what I've seen, Vijay's not really the most charismatic guy on tour.  He's really impersonal, etc.  He was also one of the big guys to speak out against Annika Sorentstam playing in that one PGA event last year. 

We'll see though.  Like I said in an earlier post; nice run Tiger! :cheers

I think a lot more ppl could watch golf more now though if there's a chance at a particular tournament that Tiger could get his #1 spot if he wins, we'll just hav to wait and see though.

I watched today and was cheering for Vijay all along. I do think that golf needs Tiger to step up his game and be in contention more on Sundays. With that being said he still has that ridiculously long streak of making cuts.

I just don't think it's good for golf when he dominates by so many strokes like he did in the past, which I don't think we will ever see from him again.

Unless Tiger really steps up his game quickly and for a good length of time I think Vijay will be at the top for awhile. Vijay has just been dominant this year winning six times, including a major.

With Mickelson winning his first major and Vijay taking over as #1, this has been a really great year of golf. I want to repeat what I heard from one of the commentators because it was so dead-on accurate as to what has happened this year. He said that to degree Tiger's game has diminished this year but people tend to overlook guys like Mickelson, Els, and Singh and how they have really brought their games to a new level. Tiger really raised the bar for everybody including himself and now it will be interesting to see if he can bring himself back to that level. I am really looking forward to the Ryder Cup in a couple weeks as a capper to this great season.