Kazaa Lite

KipWellsFan

Where do I get it? I use Winmx. Its decent, but looking for something else...

Haha you're still in the days of WinMX?

http://bittornado.com/ Download this and install it.

Visit these two sites:

www.suprnova.org

www.phoenix-torrents.com

Download away!

Advantages of BitTorrent over P2P software:

-Download from groups instead of one person. Unlimited numbers of people could be uploading the same file, and whatever chunks you download, you automatically start uploading for users who started downloading after you. All of this makes for prime downloading speeds.

-If you're into downloading music, you download WHOLE albums at a time, instead of one song at a time. Then you simply unzip or unrar the file and all the songs are there.

Usually download speeds for me on BitTorrent are pretty slow even though I hav cable. I'm using Shareaza at the moment, it's like Kazaa but there's no pop up ads and the interface is really easy to use.

You can adjust your settings and router settings and you'll download faster. See me on AIM if you want help with that.

Hmm...

when I click an album to download the little download window opens

But then it says error  Problem Connecting to tracker.

You might have router troubles as well.

SOmetimes if you just let the error stay in the window and don't close it, it will start downloading, because it's constantly trynig to reconnect.

Oh kick ass, one of my downloads had an error, I left it running when I went to eat and now it's working. :)

Another question, say I que like 10 albums to download before I go to school would they each download really slow?

The download time could be a little slower than usual.

I also would not recommend 10 Torrents all at one time. 2 or 3 is a better idea. BitTorrent is a memory HOG and if you have 10 going, it'll be virtually impossible to run anything else.

i have cable internet but its going 3 kB/s?? :angry:

Troubleshoot:

-How many seeds/peers are there? If there's like 1 seed and 10 peers, then speeds may be a little slow.

-You could change some options by going to some of those blue buttons near the top right and changing the download speed.

-Your router may need to be configured. Refer to post earlier in this thread.