For All You Minky haters...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankees payroll: $184,193,950

Boston Red Sox: $127,298,500

Anyone would be pissed if they had a 127,298,500 dollar payroll and still remained approximately 57 million dollars behind you rival.

12 teams have a payroll smaller than the gap between the Yanks and BoSox.

I hope the Red Sox win that division and kick the AL's ass in the playoffs (unless the real sox make it of course).

f***, doesn't anyone realize that the Red Sox are trying to dethrone everything that is wrong with baseball...why complain about that.

And why do the people on this site hate red sox fans? because they moaned about calls they thought were questionable?  Who has heard of such a thing

How exactly doing everything the yankee$ do but to a lesser degree making baseball better?

The first part of his post was fine, the second part was more like him.

I'm sure you've made assumptions about Cub fans or another teams fans as well. He wasn't make the comments like you. Every team has die hard fans that don't whine and what not. Its typically the casual fans that create that so called "image".

I ask that you all respectively disagree and move on, to me thats the best thing at this point. :)

Yankees payroll: $184,193,950

Boston Red Sox: $127,298,500

Anyone would be pissed if they had a 127,298,500 dollar payroll and still remained approximately 57 million dollars behind a rival.

12 teams have a payroll smaller than the gap between the Yanks and BoSox.

I hope the Red Sox win that division and kick the AL's ass in the playoffs (unless the real sox make it of course).

f***, doesn't anyone realize that the Red Sox are trying to dethrone everything that is wrong with baseball...why complain about that.

And why do the people on this site hate red sox fans? because they moaned about calls they thought were questionable?  Who has heard of such a thing

Excellent Post, one of the few in this thread.

Excellent Post, one of the few in this thread.

Lets end the cheap shots. That type of stuff doesn't have to be said.

I'm going to counter. While you can say the Red Sox are all thats right in baseball, its my personal opinion that a >125 million payroll is still way too much. While they aren't the Yankees, they certainly aren't what I call whats right in baseball.

Would I like to see the BoSox catch the yanks in the division, heck ya, but thats just cause "TO ME" they are the lesser of two evils, plus I like the way the BoSox play. But if I was going to say whats right about baseball, it was last year when the Marlins kicked the crap out of the YANKEES and won the world series. The Fish are coming on strong again and have their shot and as much as I hate to say it so do the Twins. To me those two teams are two teams that exemplify whats "Right" in baseball.

I called you the most pathetic poster on Soxtalk, now you treat this as if everythings cookie's and milk.

I don't get you..

He's doing what he can to end the argument. Remember, personal attacks aren't welcome here. I'm doing my best to get the dispute ended respectfully. I don't like showing up one party or another. I'd much rather see the topic get back on track with civilized discussion where you talk about the points at hand rather then the poster or what not.

I called you the most pathetic poster on Soxtalk, now you treat this as if everythings cookie's and milk.

I don't get you..

What do you like this to be an all out war over a disagreement? I ahve never had a problem with you before this thread why should there be outside of this thread.

He's doing what he can to end the argument.  Remember, personal attacks aren't welcome here.  I'm doing my best to get the dispute ended respectfully.  I don't like showing up one party or another.  I'd much rather see the topic get back on track with civilized discussion where you talk about the points at hand rather then the poster or what not.

Alright, from now on I will not post in a qwerty thread.

How exactly doing everything the yankee$ do but to a lesser degree making baseball better?

So you hate every team in baseball. Afterall, they are all trying to win...just to a lesser degree than the yankees :rolly

How many teams have spent money on free agents?

How many teams have offered contracts to keep home grown talent?

How many teams have made trades?

Hate teams for winning 26 championships...not for spending money to keep their fans happy.

you guys keep saying the yankees are what is wrong with baseball..... why spending that much money is crazy i think they are what is right.... the owner is rich he has the money he wants to win and he gets the players he thinks he needs to win.... i know none of you would mind if our owner spent that kind of money...........

The mere fact that your two examples are all here say just proves what we all know, which is that your outright the most pathetic poster on Soxtalk.

Dude, you were setting yourself up for tough questions (review page 2), and now you resort to this?

In my best Mortal Kombat voice: YOU LOSE!

Qwerty, you should post that excerpt that you had in your signature before the site went down. Great stuff. :headbang

Hate the Yankees for winning 26 championships...not for spending money to keep their fans happy.

When the Yankees were winning most of their championships in the former half of the 20th century, there was no organized draft. The best high school prospects across the nation thought to themselves, hmmmm, should I go to the Yankees or some other team? :huh

And now they're purchasing rings, correct?

26 championships -- I just took an extra large sized s*** on the entire lot.

WRONG!!!

As much as it pains me to say it, the Twins are trying to "dethrone everything wrong with baseball." I don't see how someone trying to stop something that is wrong by DOING THE EXACT SAME THING is a good thing for baseball.

The Red Sox are just as bad as the Yankees, FACE IT!!

What if Frank Thomas went on less steroids than Giambi, McGwire, or Sosa just to set the HR record? How ridiculous would it be if Frank said "I'm just trying to show what's wrong in baseball with guy going on steroids?" :bang

I could see if the Red Sox fans were the topic at hand or if he gave some examples, but he did neither.

Some of us have lives and classes to attend to which prohibit us from arguing with whiny Red Sox fans like yourself who are blind enough to believe that Doug Mientkiewicz is even remotely close to a decent baseball player. When Dave McCarty is better than you, shut the f*** up, you have absolutely nothing to bring to the table.

Shame on Cerbaho, as a moderator, he should be showing by example, something I have yet to see him do in this thread and many other threads alike.

Oh Christ, go slit your wrists and cry abiut it. I'm blunt, very blunt. As I said earlier, Red Sox fans are the whiniest damn fans in baseball, period. Let's take a trip down the lovely history of the Boston Red Sox to see why:

Selling of Babe Ruth. BoSox fans are actually naive enough to believe that they are cursed because they sold a baseball player. Come on, how f***ing stupid can you get? Wait....cursed by a goat one ups that.

Bucky Dent, that was glorious. "But who would have thought Bucky Dent would have hit that?!?! WE'RE CURSED!!!" I could take a damn sand wedge over the green monster, it shouldn't be significant that Bucky Dent hit a pennant winning homerun rather, it should be significant that the Red Sox once again choked and then blamed it upon a curse which doesn't exist to sheild the blame that their team flat out f***ing sucks.

1986. That was funny. The Red Sox bullpen is within a damn strike of winning the World Series, but yet again they choke. Red Sox fans once again do not blame their team for blowing a lead that Mike Jackson could have held, but a supernatural phenomenon which causes them to choke and very inopportune times.

Last year Grady Little was overtaken by the ghost of Babe Ruth and didn't take Pedro Martinez out. "Grady Little is a dumbs***, but it was the curse working against us, too!"

Here's a little statement that every baseball fan sans Red Sox and Cubs fans can adhere to: any fan that believes their team is cursed, a phenomenon which is so false that it defies logic, doesn't deserve to see their team ever win. The Boston Red Sox do not deserve to win a World Series for believing that for the past 88 years they have been up s***'s creek without a paddle because their former owner sold a player so he could make some f***ing showtunes.

f***, you Boston fans might as well believe that God and Jesus Christ themselves are smiting you for being arguably the most racist sports franchise for not integrating black players to your baseball team for years upon years.

But let's continue, because I enjoying browbeating the living f*** out of you so you can finally shutup and stop whining about the Red Sox franchise. The Red Sox continually cry about how the Yankess are putting themselves at a disadvantage because they outbid everyone. You know what, here's some proof that money doesn't buy championships:

World Series winner 2002: Arizona Diamondbacks

World Series winner 2003: Anaheim Angels

World Series winner 2004: Florida Marlins

Odd, why aren't New York Yankees there instead? I mean, they routinely have the highest payroll on the planet, and by Red Sox fans' logic, they automatically win the World Series every year by having such. Once again, instead of blaming themselves for their shortcomings, Boston fans go to old reliable, bashing the Yankees because the Yankees are so powerful that they force the Boston Red Sox to choke year after year.

There's your proof, there's my response, shut the hell up and sit down.

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

I was in chicago for the Boston series and I will for one say that Boston has the worst fans I've ever encountered. Yes, worse than Yankee fans. It was bad enough that they were everywhere, they had the gall to sit on the CTA talking s*** about beating the White Sox (who, by the way, are without their 2 best players) and act like they own the whole free world. And no, this wasn't an isolated case, I saw pompass behavior from several Red Sox fans over the course of the weekend. The fact that they have Mienkiewicz has made me OFFICIALLY root for the Yankees beat their asses in the playoffs. All they do is wine about their "curse," just like Scub fans and I'm tired of hearing about the SAWX, as Tony Kornheiser would say.

:fyou Red Sox and your fans.

Right, I just thorougly destroyed you and that's all you can come up with.

You destroyed me by saying that Red Sox fans were whiny when this happened and when that happened.

Thats about as easy as me agreeing with everyone else in my North Shore school who thinks White Sox fans are a bunch of serial killing, thugs.

Keep dreaming.

You did nothing to destroy, and actually just embarrassed yourself even more again proving my entire point that your the worst moderator on these boards.

Real Mods -- I try to end it, and this jerkoff keeps coming back. I'll have my real responce later to this mess, when I have time.

I was in chicago for the Boston series and I will for one say that Boston has the worst fans I've ever encountered.  Yes, worse than Yankee fans.  It was bad enough that they were everywhere, they had the gall to sit on the CTA talking s*** about beating the White Sox (who, by the way, are without their 2 best players) and act like they own the whole free world.  And no, this wasn't an isolated case, I saw pompass behavior from several Red Sox fans over the course of the weekend.  The fact that they have Mienkiewicz has made me OFFICIALLY root for the Yankees beat their asses in the playoffs.  All they do is wine about their "curse," just like Scub fans and I'm tired of hearing about the SAWX, as Tony Kornheiser would say.

:fyou Red Sox and your fans.

and on that note, I have made one of my last posts on Soxtalk.

Alot of you guys I have become freinds with, and alot of you guys are true baseball guys, but there are a select few on this board that can't seem to grow up.

Bash me all you want, because I'm sure thats whats in store.

Go Red Sox, and Go White Sox. Ba bye.

World Series winner 2002: Arizona Diamondbacks

World Series winner 2003: Anaheim Angels

World Series winner 2004: Florida Marlins

Odd, why aren't New York Yankees there instead? I mean, they routinely have the highest payroll on the planet, and by Red Sox fans' logic, they automatically win the World Series every year by having such. Once again, instead of blaming themselves for their shortcomings, Boston fans go to old reliable, bashing the Yankees because the Yankees are so powerful that they force the Boston Red Sox to choke year after year.

There's your proof, there's my response, shut the hell up and sit down.

Red Sox fans have had to watch their rival make the playoffs 9 straight years and watch their rival win 4 world series rings during that span. How can you blame them for resenting the yankees?