Brian Anderson

winninguglyin83

Most hernias turn out to be not very serious. Unless it heals prolapsed and then there could be serious problems. Anderson should be just fine.

I've had a couple of hernia surgeries (two, actually). I had to sit out a month after the surgery - and then get in shape again. It shouldn't affect anything long term, though - so that's good news.

He is definately out for the season...the hernia thing is not yet their official announcemnt, but that could very well be the problem.  Rex is usually dead on :)

Actually, I am slightly off this time........ what I got earlier tody was that he will not have surgery on the hernia and that it is not as bad as they first thought. The problem is they foudn the hernia while diagnoising a pulled groin, which keeps him from running.

From what I am told, he will rehab the groin and they will keep an eye on the hernia. I guess they can correct themselves? I am no hernia expert. I may not be 100% right on the whole story, but I know I am all around it. LOL

Actually, I am slightly off this time........ what I got earlier tody was that he will not have surgery on the hernia and that it is not as bad as they first thought.  The problem is they foudn the hernia while diagnoising a pulled groin, which keeps him from running.

From what I am told, he will rehab the groin and they will keep an eye on the hernia.  I guess they can correct themselves?  I am no hernia expert.  I may not be 100% right on the whole story, but I know I am all around it.  LOL

Rex - don't know if this is of any help - but what my doctor told me, when my hernia was first noticed - is that it can be put off till a later date - but eventually a surgery is going to be needed. It basically feels like playing with a slight, but constant (at least when you're moving) 'pull' in your lower abdoman (upper pelvis). It doesn't hurt, but - you feel something there, when normally, you really don't feel anything there. Sorry if that was confusing - do you understand what I'm saying? With me, though, it got to the point where I couldn't run (I need to run to play basketball) without feeling pain. I guess that's when I knew that surgery for me was imminent.

Sorry that was so long, hopefully it will be of some help...