Moment of Silence

Texsox

I'm not diminishing the 1,000 souls that have left us, may God be with them all...

But, the media has been waiting for this magical # for two months now, and it makes me sick.

The blood is on all the politicians' hands here, not just GWB.

I was wondering how long it would take to turn political. :headshake

You know why, Tex?

I was in my car at lunch. And what was the first f***ing thing I heard? John Kerry denouncing President Bush on the war and "now the death toll stands at 1,000 dead" all connected together. And he's the one who said he would go to war under the same pretenses... ABCNews was all over the 1,000 death count - news story #1... tied in with Kerry's "I would do better" crap.

You always hear the little blurb about who died that day... unfortunately, it's toward the end. Today, because it was the 1,000th, it was news story #1. Why is that?

Why is #1,000 any more important then #596?

That's why it really pisses me off - and why I can't stand these political bastards - both sides of it.

I did not hear it until know but I did not have a chance to listen to all media today. Sadly, I'm certain you are right, the media giants of Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, Ingram, et.al. were probably all over it, and there is no escaping those broadcasters.

I did not hear it until know but I did not have a chance to listen to all media today. Sadly, I'm certain you are right, the media giants of Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, Ingram, et.al. were probably all over it, and there is no escaping those broadcasters.

Nice try.

They wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole and you know it, because it's not to their agenda.

You know better then that.

MAINSTREAM press... they are the ones that had to make it the #1 news story of the day.

You make it sounds like Hanity and Limbaugh are the #1 source of news. If they are, it should tell you something about what's really going on.

But, I bow out here, because this is not about that.

RIP, #1 through #1,000, every single one of you.

Nice try.

They wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole and you know it, because it's not to their agenda.

You know better then that.

MAINSTREAM press... they are the ones that had to make it the #1 news story of the day.

You make it sounds like Hanity and Limbaugh are the #1 source of news.  If they are, it should tell you something about what's really going on.

But, I bow out here, because this is not about that.

RIP, #1 through #1,000, every single one of you.

Excuse me, I forgot Rush is not mainstream, that he's a fringe commentator.

Are we ashamed of our soldier's sacrifice? Are we ashamed we sent them to liberate Iraq? Why are we trying to hide the death toll? Do you remember how Walter Cronkite finished every one of his broadcasts during the Vietnam police action?

Doesn't it honor them to pause and remember their sacrifice? But Rush and the rest of the media will not? Perhaps they think it will cast an unfavorable light on their candidate? SO we ignore the deaths to elect their candidate, that's wrong, very wrong.

Rush and Hannity have the #1 and #2 rated radio shows in the country. Nationwide. More people here their opinions than any other people on the planet. And they are not mainstream?

Come on Kap, don't play their game of pretending not to be the media. They are the biggest media players in the world.

Agreed.  They are the media, but I wouldn't call them mainstream media.

Why are they the #1 shows in America?

Perhaps we should split this?

I don't want to take away from the 1,000 soldiers.

They are the #1 show because they are not mainstream?

Rush states that the media is biased and the only source for the truth is his show, yet he isn't media?

You know why, Tex?

I was in my car at lunch.  And what was the first f***ing thing I heard?  John Kerry denouncing President Bush on the war and "now the death toll stands at 1,000 dead" all connected together.  And he's the one who said he would go to war under the same pretenses... ABCNews was all over the 1,000 death count - news story #1... tied in with Kerry's "I would do better" crap.

You always hear the little blurb about who died that day... unfortunately, it's toward the end.  Today, because it was the 1,000th, it was news story #1.  Why is that?

Why is #1,000 any more important then #596? 

That's why it really pisses me off - and why I can't stand these political bastards - both sides of it.

R.I.P and i cant thank the men that are serving this country enough no words mean enough to thank them enough.

just out of curosity how many people died in 9/11???

9/11 death count: Approx. 3025

im probally gonna sound like an ass but 1,000 dead is not that many compared to what would happen if they continued to bring the war to the U.S. those men knew what they where fighting for and its to bad not all of them could come home but, it is war and people die just be happy the totals are not in the 50-60k range

That is not a good number to see...but if this is for the best...so be it. I am not sure if it is or not...I haven't taken a stance on this, and I don't plan on doing so.

However, I have a ton of respect for those overseas and others who have served either in this war or in past wars. The reason I say this is that my sister's ex-boyfriend(and they are essentially only broken up so my sister can explore other options if she wants to...if she doesn't, they will, in all likelyhood, get back together) has signed and left for basic training today down in Georgia.

So, I guess I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who is serving and has served in the war. God bless! :usa :usa :usa

This is a great write up from CNN that puts a human face on the 1000 deaths.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/09/07/...n.ap/index.html

And for those who aren't from the area, I highly recommend you to read the Chicago Tribune's articles on the deceased soldiers. They really get into the lives of these people, and have had something on very close to everyone who has died.