About church

WhiteSoxFan1

My family and I go to Church every Sunday. Does it hurt to dedicate at least 1 hour of your day (once a week) to God? Just think about that.

no...i just think it's pointless.

considering just about everyone that goes is bored out of their minds and don't get anything out of it...it serves no purpose.

I dont want to sound stupid, but could anyone name the type of things that I would have to give up when you do accept god into your life.

Don't give up a thing. Don't make any changes except open yourself up to listen to the word of God from the Bible. Don't think you have to act or think or behave any differently.

Given time, God will let you know what you should do. Don't force it.

One of my favorite sermons I ever heard was by a guy I met through the Christian Motorcycle Association. We had just witnessed a fellow rider and his wife being hauled off in an ambulance after an accident. I won't go into details but in his words came a message for me to start doing a couple things I had been negleting.

And BTW, you are sounding very intelligent.