Travel Tips

mreye

In less than a month I will be flying for the first time since 9/11. Not because I've been scared. I just haven't had anywhere to go. I've just always preferred driving. Anyway, on to my point.

Anybody got any tips to get us through security quicker and easier? What not to put into carry-ons? I know I've heard that you should put all of the stuff in your pocket in a clear plastic ziplock. Anything else? Any links?

In less than a month I will be flying for the first time since 9/11. Not because I've been scared. I just haven't had anywhere to go. I've just always preferred driving. Anyway, on to my point.

Anybody got any tips to get us through security quicker and easier? What not to put into carry-ons? I know I've heard that you should put all of the stuff in your pocket in a clear plastic ziplock. Anything else? Any links?

There's really nothing you can do, because it's not what you have in your pockets that causes hold-ups--it's the lines. You have to go through a series of checkpoints, and the lines at these checkpoints can be pretty long. You can skip one of them if you have an electronic ticket, and aren't checking on any bags, but apart from that, you're stuck in lines with everyone else.

Talk about bombs and anthrax, they love that stuff. That is guarenteed to get you out of all of the lines... ;)

When I traveled from Chicago to San Diego in May, I didn't have to take my shoes off...

I guess I don't look threatening.  :D

I haven't had to take my shoes off yet either (2 trips to Florida, 1 to Arizona, 1 to California). Basically.. just pack everything you wont need on the plane (magazines, snacks, etc..). You'll have to turn your cell phone and laptop on and off, but that's about it.

That's funny. Every airport I have been in makes me take my shoes off. Might be a guy thing though.

That would be, since 9-11, Midway, Dallas-Fort Worth, Dallas Love, West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Atlanta, El Paso, Boston, Orlando, Pensacola, FL, Miami, Houston Hobby, Cincinnati, Syracuse, NY. I think that's all of them. I think they all asked for shoes to be screened.