Russia to take a stronger stance on terrorism

ChiSox_Sonix

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...hool_seizure_39

They are offering a $10 million reward for the two Chechen leaders blamed for the attack on the school and also a top Russian general warned that the military would strike "terrorist bases in any region of the world". Basically, they are saying they are taking a stronger stance. Obviously, what happened at that school was horrible, but it looks like that incident may have opened the eyes of some Russian leaders that they cant be taking passive measures against these guys. It wont work.

They are offering a $10 million reward for the two Chechen leaders blamed for the attack on the school and also a top Russian general warned that the military would strike "terrorist bases in any region of the world". Basically, they are saying they are taking a stronger stance. Obviously, what happened at that school was horrible, but it looks like that incident may have opened the eyes of some Russian leaders that they cant be taking passive measures against these guys. It wont work.

You're kidding, right?

We need to exhaust any and all diplomatic solutions with these people. They understand that. :rolly

IGNORANCE IS SO AWESOME.

Read up on the history (last 80 years more specifically) of the Russian-Chechen conflict and then tell me that Russia has been lax on terrorism.

IGNORANCE IS SO AWESOME.

Read up on the history (last 80 years more specifically) of the Russian-Chechen conflict and then tell me that Russia has been lax on terrorism.

I probably know much more about historical events than you, but to avoid argument after your incorrect assumption, let me just say that in what i meant was terrorism on the whole. Russian has been pretty lax in it OUTSIDE of Chechnya. Outside of what is directly affecting them they have not been taking as strong of stands as other countries.

An interesting take...

http://en.rian.ru/rian/index.cfm?prd_id=16...9-06&do_alert=0

Terrorists who seized a school in North Ossetia's Beslan, September 1, were receiving orders from abroad throughout the three suspense-laden days, says Aslanbek Aslakhanov, President Vladimir Putin's adviser for North Caucasian affairs.

--snip--

Aslanbek Aslakhanov, a Chechen, was on the site throughout the tragedy, and contacted the gang on the telephone. "The men were certainly not Chechens. When I spoke Chechen with them, they said they couldn't make out a word. 'Speak Russian,' they told me. Well, I did as they wished, though I speak Russian with a Caucasian accent," he said in his TV interview. [emphasis mine]