Lineups You want to see

He_Gawn

My Lineup for 05'

2B- Willie Harris (Has already well exceeded expectations in his first full year of playing time. His OBP is great.)

CF- Aaron Rowand

DH- Frank Thomas (No way can the Sox give up on him. He is the White Sox. He will be back.)

LF- Carlos Lee

1B- Paul Konerko

RF- Alex Escobar- We got the kid. I think people forget how much potential he really has. Give him a shot.

SS- Juan Uribe

3B- Joe Crede

C- Ben Davis

Bench:

OF- Timo Perez- Has been the best clutch player on the team all year. Not only that Ozzie has a man crush on him.

1B/OF- Ross Gload- Great Bat off the bench. Great Glove at 1B. Good Glove in LF. Just don't let him into RF :rolly .

C- Jamie Burke- Way too Valuable too this team off the bench. Knows all of our AAA talent and how to get the best out of them.

Utl- Wilson Valdez-Might as well give the kid a shot.

Starters:

Freddy Garcia

Mark Buherle

Jose Contreas

Jon Garland

Felix Diaz

Bullpen:

LR- Jason Grilli

MR- Jon Adkins

MR- Neil Cotts

SU- Damaso Marte

SU- Cliff Politte

SU/CL - Jeff Bajenaru

SU/CL- Shingo Takasu

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Lineup for 05'

2B- Willie Harris (Has already well exceeded expectations in his first full year of playing time. His OBP is great.)

CF- Aaron Rowand

DH- Frank Thomas (No way can the Sox give up on him. He is the White Sox. He will be back.)

LF- Carlos Lee

1B- Paul Konerko

RF- Alex Escobar- We got the kid. I think people forget how much potential he really has. Give him a shot.

SS- Juan Uribe

3B- Joe Crede

C- Ben Davis

Bench:

OF- Timo Perez- Has been the best clutch player on the team all year. Not only that Ozzie has a man crush on him.

1B/OF- Ross Gload- Great Bat off the bench. Great Glove at 1B. Good Glove in LF. Just don't let him into RF :rolly .

C- Jamie Burke- Way too Valuable too this team off the bench. Knows all of our AAA talent and how to get the best out of them.

Starters:

Freddy Garcia

Mark Buherle

Jose Contreas

Jon Garland

Felix Diaz

Bullpen:

LR- Jason Grilli

MR- Jon Adkins

MR- Neil Cotts

SU- Damaso Marte

SU- Cliff Politte

SU/CL - Jeff Bajenaru

SU/CL- Shingo Takasu

Welcome to 3rd place, AL Central.

Sox need to, and will, field a better lineup than this.

I agree about taking a long look at Alex Escobar but he's got to earn it. Potential doesn't win the Central Division, let alone (gasp) a World Series.

I like what Steve says in this thread about Catalannato being a utility player. He is, we should get him and use him in that role. He can play some OF, some DH, some 2B, some 1B, and he's even played 3B in the past. A very good guy to have on the bench and ready to fill in in case of injuries.

My Lineup for 05'

CF- Aaron Rowand

LF- Carlos Lee

1B- Paul Konerko

SS- Juan Uribe

3B- Joe Crede

C- Ben Davis

Bench:

Starters:

Freddy Garcia

Mark Buherle

Jose Contreas

Jon Garland

Felix Diaz

Bullpen:

LR- Jason Grilli

MR- Jon Adkins

MR- Neil Cotts

SU- Damaso Marte

SU- Cliff Politte

SU/CL - Jeff Bajenaru

SU/CL- Shingo Takasu

So are you suggesting that KW sit on his hands this winter and roll out the same underachieving team for 2005? :unsure:

HUH!! Wilkerson K's on an average of 145 times a year. No thanks. Odalis Perez?? Pass.

I'll take Wilkerson's career .370 OBP and lefty power any day, I'll live with the strikeouts with everything else he brings to the table. As for Perez he has great stuff and is just entering his prime, and before someone says he only looks good because he pitches in a pitchers park he has a 3.30 ERA on the road this year and had the same in 2002.

I'm not going to do a whole lineup...I'll leave that to the people with lots of time...but I will throw this out for all you Crede haters:

What about either Morgan Ensberg or Mike Lamb?

Lamb has played his way into the starting lineup, and is finally coming into his own in the last couple of weeks, but can really only play 3b.

Ensberg is up and down offensively, but can play every infield position.

The Astros probably will have to make a decision on one of them this offseason because Everett's at short, Chris Burke (favorite former Round Rock Express player) will take over for Kent and I think Bagwell has another year or two on his contract. Any takers?

CF - Pierre  (Trade from the Marlins for C Lee and Marlins throw in somebody)

2b - Harris (Has really shown me what he can do this year. Hes ready to contribute)

DH - Thomas (Do I even need to explain)

1b - Konerko (It was either trade him or C Lee and Kong is a better fit)

RF - Rowand (Really shown what he can do)

LF - Catalanotto (This guy can play grinder baseball)

3b - Crede (Has really stepped it up lately and will come around)

C - Davis (With Burke getting his share of time)

SS - Uribe (Valdez getting some time also)

Bench

Gload

Borchard

Perez

Valdez

Burke

Pitchers

Garcia

Buehrle

Contreras

Sele - (From what I've seen of this year, he's been great and hes pretty cheap)

Garland

Bullpen

Adkins

Cotts

Bajenaru

Munoz

Marte

Takatsu

Benitez

:bang

This lineup would finish 3rd, maybe 2nd in the AL Central...it's not much better than the lineup we have right now!

Ok this won't happen but since everyone else gets to do it I'll give it a shot.

CF Crawford (trade for Konerko, the rays need some RH power)

SS Cabrera  (free agent)

RF  Berkman (free agent)

DH Thomas

1B  Wilkerson (trade for Lee)

CF Rowand

C  Davis/Burke

3B Crede

2B Harris

Rotation

Beuhrle

Garcia

Perez (free agent)

Contreras

Garland

Bullpen

Diaz

Cotts

Adkins

Marte

Shingo

Urbina (free agent)

i still think that this is the best one i have seen that is somewhat acceptable for me :fthecubs

So are you suggesting that KW sit on his hands this winter and roll out the same underachieving team for 2005?  :unsure:

Yeah I am.

However I go want to cut the dead weight, Jose Valentin, Joe Bustard.

We we're on the right track before Frank got hurt. I think that we would have a whole different opinion of this team if frank was still in it.

hey super steve!!!!!! reading is fundamental, never did I say anything about pierre or catalaf***ass, if you would read the posts, you would see i was giving props to the lineup with crawford as the leadoff, nice job typing for 3 hours, but its another crede, swing and a miss

Well, reading is fundamental, and you're not very good at it. You brought up the fact I said we would be downgrading. Well, s***, then I'm confused. You also made a comment right away saying we should go spend our endless supply of money. YOU BROUGHT UP THE DOWNGRADING RIGHT AFTER I SAID IT, THEN I CLEARED UP MY POINT. Thanks for playing.

Yeah I am.

We we're on the right track before Frank got hurt. I think that we would have a whole different opinion of this team if frank was still in it.

Well if we're going to dump all of the trash, add Judy Garland and Joe Crediocre to that list.

Right so then we have to find 3 major league starters instead of just one... :headshake

Joe Crediocre doesn't play at the major league level, and deal Judy for some talent. And you don't want to spend any of the 20 million that'll free up from Jose, Maggs, and Koch's contracts? :huh :dips***

Joe Crediocre doesn't play at the major league level, and deal Judy for some talent.  And you don't want to spend any of the 20 million that'll free up from Jose, Maggs, and Koch's contracts?  :huh  :dips***

No

That money is gone. It was spent on Garcia's three year deal and on Contreas.

We might sign one SP and one bullpen arm but I don't we will be about to afford two starters and a 3B with more talent then Crede. My lineup has him batting 8th. I keep him for his glove and his power potential. Hell Troy Glaus batted something like .230 one year and they didn't get rid of him.

Free Agent Signings:

Position Players:

Omar Vizquel give him a 1 year contract for 6 mil... 2 years at 10 mil with insentives if his agent insists on it.

J.T. Snow the guy is hitting .330 in 90 games and only made 1.5 mil this season... give him a 2 year contract at 3 mil a year

Starting Pitchers:

You try to get Brad Radke in the free agent market also. if this dosent happen at least you get to kick the twins in the balls by hiking up the price. seriously presue Matt Clement at the same time, i think he would be a great addition to our staff. The number 3 starter on this free agent wish list for KW should be Russ Ortiz, sure hes got problems with control from time to time, but look at what his numbers were before the trade rumors (he was doing a lot better then u think, look at quality starts) and since the trade rumors he has been even better. i think 2005 will be great years for clement and ortiz, radkes a shoe in.

(offer Radke 3 years for 40 mil if he accepts, cool we screwed the twins and got an ace until 2008... if not, we screwed the twins and made them pay more then they would have)

(offer ortiz and clement 3 years at 24 mil as a starting point in talks, highest id go is 3 years for 28 mil with insentives to get up to 32 mil)

Bullpen Pitchers:

Armando Benitez (no brainer 40 saves, 1.06 ERA, 28 hits in 59 1/3 innings)

2 years for 10 mil

Ugueth Urbina ( Good friends with Ozzie and would be a welcome addition to the bullpen)

2 years for 6 mil

Trades:

Send Paulie to the marlins for Juan Pierre... i doubt that this alone will be enough to get Pierre, so send a mid level prospect as well. This helps us get a great lead off hitter that can set the table well and also gives us more money to work with, 6 million more acually.

Starting Rotation:

Garcia

Mark B

Radkie/Clement/Ortiz (wish list in that order)

Contreras

Garland

Bullpen:

Adkins

Cotts

Urbina

Marte

Shingto

Benitez

Lineup:

Juan Pierre CF (.321 this year)

Rowand RF (.317 this year)

Thomas DH (.271 this year)

Lee LF (.307 this year)

Snow 1B (.330 this year)

Vizquel SS (.307 this year)

Crede 3B (.237 this year)

Davis C (.230 with us this year)

Harris 2B (.264 this year)

* improvement in the last three players is pretty much a given

Bench:

Uribe (split time at SS and 2B)

Burke (catch 1/3 split with davis)

Timo

Borchard

TOTAL ADDING 25 MILLION TO PAYROL

lost 14 million from maggs

lost 5 million from jose v

lost 6 million from koch

lost 6 million in the paulie trade

added 6 million in contreras

(wash)

JR is rumored to be willing to increase payrol 20 million next year due to increased attendance (this was reported by otis on WSI, so take it as you will.) so if this does indeed happen, we can do this no problem and will have even more money to work with.

Read the Brewers are gonna make Prince Fielder the firstbaseman next season or at least mid next season. Wonder what it would take to get Overbay and Sheets over here

good question, for sheets id bet wed have to let the brecrew ass rape our system

eek

No

That money is gone. It was spent on Garcia's three year deal and on Contreas.

We might sign one SP and one bullpen arm but I don't we will be about to afford two starters and a 3B with more talent then Crede. My lineup has him batting 8th. I keep him for his glove and his power potential. Hell Troy Glaus batted something like .230 one year and they didn't get rid of him.

No it isn't.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/salaries?team=chw

So far our payroll for this year is 68,262,500, but that figure doesn't include the money we are getting from the Expos, Seattle or the Yankees, and for some reason ESPN has included Jerry Hairston's and Donnie Sadler's salaries. Taking off Jose's, Maggs', Davis', Koch's, Everett's, Sadler's, Hairston's, Schoeneweis' and 2 million for Contreras, we have a payroll of 39,087,500. And you think we already spent 20 million for next year? :dips***

Yeah I am.

If you are advocating the "changes" you said, the Sox would suck for the next 5+ years!