NFL Prediction Thread

Spiff

Oh really? :rolly  :headbang 3-0 baby! What a weird ass game today though. Each team had 4 turnovers including multiple in the redzone. 6-3 over the Cardinals is very meh, but 3-0 isn't.

If you were playing any other team than Arizona today, you guys probably would have lost. I'll giv you your props though, when Hall comes back, you'll hav a better secondary as well.

I'm not surprised at all, they were my pick for "surprise" team

Jags have the best D-Line of any team at the moment, Stroud and Henderson are two fantastic DT's to clog the middle. They remind me a lot of last year's Carolina Panthers.

I'm not surprised at all, they were my pick for "surprise" team

They were my pick for surprise team last year. They had basically the same defense -- Stroud, Henderson, Peterson, etc.

After watching their first 3 or 4 games last year, I basically promised myself that I would stay away from that team. They had damn near every game won, and then they gave it away in the closing seconds. It never failed.

This year, they're winning those games. It's their opponents who are giving them away. In all honestly, Jacksonville should be 0-3 right now. Buffalo had them beat. All that the Broncos had to do to beat them was bring in Elam to kick a field goal well within his range, but they elected to give it to Griffith one last time -- for what? I tuned in right before that happened...the saddest thing that I've seen all year, so far. I also watched a good amount of their game with the Titans today, and I figured that Jacksonville was toast through three quarters.

Oh really? :rolly  :headbang 3-0 baby! What a weird ass game today though. Each team had 4 turnovers including multiple in the redzone. 6-3 over the Cardinals is very meh, but 3-0 isn't.

It's that last place schedule...they've played major butt teams like the 49ers, Cardinals, and the Rams so far. I just looked at the rest of their schedule, and it's crap. They should make the playoffs instead of the Vikings or Bucs.

But in my opinion, they don't have much of a chance in the playoffs...not with a defense that allowed 380 yards per game last year, good enough for dead last in the league. You can't change that much overnight.

I have to say that I'm a Michael Vick fan, however. Is that what drew you to the Falcons? Or are you originally from Atlanta?

I have to say that I'm a Michael Vick fan, however.  Is that what drew you to the Falcons?  Or are you originally from Atlanta?

I've been a Falcons fan since the Jamal Anderson days. Their d probably has inflated stats right now, but 11th in the league is a solid start. Honestly, I don't think they can make a deep run into the playoffs, but they will get there and they have a chance of doing a little damage there.

• 2 months later...
The Ravens are going to be a lot worse than people are predicting, and the Jaguars are going to be a lot better than people are predicting.  Those are my predictions...

Oh and the bears will suck, but find a way to be in the "playoff hunt" until at least week 16.

Ravens a lot worse - No, but they lost to the Bengals today and aren't the Super Bowl contenders that some were predicting

Jaguars a lot better - Yep, A national audience can see for themselves tonight .

Bears suck = very yes

Still in playoff hunt - Yep, 3 more weeks

They were my pick for surprise team last year.  They had basically the same defense -- Stroud, Henderson, Peterson, etc. 

After watching their first 3 or 4 games last year, I basically promised myself that I would stay away from that team.  They had damn near every game won, and then they gave it away in the closing seconds.  It never failed. 

This year, they're winning those games.  It's their opponents who are giving them away.  In all honestly, Jacksonville should be 0-3 right now.  Buffalo had them beat.  All that the Broncos had to do to beat them was bring in Elam to kick a field goal well within his range, but they elected to give it to Griffith one last time -- for what?  I tuned in right before that happened...the saddest thing that I've seen all year, so far.  I also watched a good amount of their game with the Titans today, and I figured that Jacksonville was toast through three quarters.

Same old story for the Jags, eh?

Dallas still in the playoff hunt, w00t! Imagine if Julius Jones had been healthy for a full season. This team is going to be real dangerous next season if they can draft an impact CB, and sign a FA DT or DE like Abraham from the Jets.

It's that last place schedule...they've played major butt teams like the 49ers, Cardinals, and the Rams so far.  I just looked at the rest of their schedule, and it's crap.  They should make the playoffs instead of the Vikings or Bucs.

But in my opinion, they don't have much of a chance in the playoffs...not with a defense that allowed 380 yards per game last year, good enough for dead last in the league.  You can't change that much overnight. 

I have to say that I'm a Michael Vick fan, however.  Is that what drew you to the Falcons?  Or are you originally from Atlanta?

Wade Phillips with Atlanta. Horrible Defense.

Wade Phillips with San Diego. Good Defense. :o

San Diego is the one team that has every fan absolutely baffled. Nobody could have seen this coming, not even Chargers fans.

I have watched a few of their games recently just so I could get a read on them. That defense is fun to watch. I mean, they gang-tackle people like it's nobody's business.

And the offense is great, of course.

They don't stand a chance against the Patriots, Steelers, and Colts in the playoffs, but they're a team to watch out for in the future.