Car Insurance is a ripoff!

Queen Prawn

I just got my bill for the next 6 months of insurance and even though the car is 6 months older, I haven't made a claim it is $30 more this time than in April. WTF is that?! :angry: I have emailed them asking them what gives to see if there is a problem with their puter or if they are just crooks. :huh:

I've been with State Farm for about 4 years now and they are really starting to piss me off lately. Brain has them as well, but his rates are much better than mine.

Why are you guys not on the same policy...?

I won't be on the house insurance until sometime next year (long story, can't get into it). :ph34r:

If the price stayed the same, I'd be okay (not happy, but I could accept it). The fact that it has gone up is pissing me off.

Inflation. When Sam down at the body shop gets a raise and Murray at the sheet metal plant gets a raise, the cost of repairs goes up. When energy prices go up, the cost of manufacturing goes up the cost to the insurance company goes up, and they pass it on to you.

Now if the sheet metal plant decides to build their new plant in Mexico and can hold their pricing, then your insurance still goes up because they all just want to make more money.

BTW, if you really want to see a price increase, move near the border. Steal a car here and get to Mexico with it and there is .003% chance of getting caught. So my auto policy went up 46% when I moved to south Texas.

Edited by Texsox

So my auto policy went up 46% when I moved to south Texas.

Mine went up that much when I moved from Woodridge (near Downers Grove) to Mount Greenwood

:puke

Inflation can't be so much that putting against lost value in the car (due to age) vesus it and I am paying more. I've never had to pay more on insurance for the same policy as the car aged, ever.

I won't be on the house insurance until sometime next year (long story, can't get into it).  :ph34r:

If the price stayed the same, I'd be okay (not happy, but I could accept it).  The fact that it has gone up is pissing me off.

QP.. you don't have to be "on" the poilcy.. but he can add you to his policy and name you for the car insurance. Jim added me to his car insurance policy the day he moved in with me waaaay before we were even engaged.

You should check the rates.

If you have a loan against the car, in most cases this cannot or should not be done because you are in violation of the loan agreement.

Take your chances if you want to, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I still have about 3000 left to pay. From what I saw when I was getting quoted, changing the deductible didn't make that much of a dent in the premium.

Inflation. When Sam down at the body shop gets a raise and Murray at the sheet metal plant gets a raise, the cost of repairs goes up. When energy prices go up, the cost of manufacturing goes up the cost to the insurance company goes up, and they pass it on to you.

Now if the sheet metal plant decides to build their new plant in Mexico and can hold their pricing, then your insurance still goes up because they all just want to make more money.

BTW, if you really want to see a price increase, move near the border. Steal a car here and get to Mexico with it and there is .003% chance of getting caught. So my auto policy went up 46% when I moved to south Texas.

Oh man Tex as soon as I saw you had posted in this thread I was waiting for the obligatory, "Women pay more because they are bad drivers ;)" remark. You're losin your touch :lol:

Oh man Tex as soon as I saw you had posted in this thread I was waiting for the obligatory, "Women pay more because they are bad drivers ;)" remark.  You're losin your touch :lol:

Actually I think they raised her premium when they discovered she was a NASCAR fan

[/ducking and running]

:lolhitting

Oh no, you didn't! It's on, b****!  :lolhitting

The insurance company was fooled at first when she paid by a check, but then they discovered that NASCAR fans learned how to use checking accounts as soon as Deluxe Check Printing started the Jeff Gordan / Vienna Sausage / Chewin' Tabaccy check series.