Smile your on Camera

Texsox

Do you favor having cameras in all public places?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you favor having cameras in all public places?

• Yes
    • No
    • Some not all

The rest if the story from Channel 7

By Paul Meincke

September 9, 2004 (Chicago) — From a hi-tech command center the City of Chicago plans to monitor a vast security network. Thousands of surveillance cameras will be linked -- and authorities will be alerted to crimes and terrorist acts. The mayor unveiled the plans for this new security network at a news conference this morning.

ABC7 Video Clip

Yeah. And it shouldn't bother you if a bunch of gang bangers hang out on your front porch as long as they're not hurting anything.

I fail to make the connection here.

I don't care if a camera watches me buy a can of RX Energy from White Hen. I don't care if a camera watches me walk into Best Buy or even watches me drive all through Batavia.

People hanging out on your own property is illegal, it's an invasion of property, also known as trespassing.

I fail to make the connection here.

I don't care if a camera watches me buy a can of RX Energy from White Hen. I don't care if a camera watches me walk into Best Buy or even watches me drive all through Batavia.

People hanging out on your own property is illegal, it's an invasion of property, also known as trespassing.

OK, how about them hanging out on your street and watching every move you make?

Why not? It shouldn't bother you unless you're doing something wrong.

Mr Zero, were with the FBI and have a couple questions for you. We noticed that you were walking with a know terorrists. You walked from your train station for three blocks directly behind this person. We also noticed that when he stopped for a newspaper, you did to. Now you were clever enough to not talk directly to him, but we cannot help but think you are somehow involved.

Our newest technology will track your every move. You go to the baseball game, the satellites will be counting every beer, you talk to that cute girl at the bus stop, we'll be recording your lips. Eventually Mr. Zero, we'll have enough evidence to charge you.

Have a nice day. Remember, we're watching you.

Mr Zero, were with the FBI and have a couple questions for you. We noticed that you were walking with a know terorrists. You walked from your train station for three blocks directly behind this person. We also noticed that when he stopped for a newspaper, you did to. Now you were clever enough to not talk directly to him, but we cannot help but think you are somehow involved.

Our newest technology will track your every move. You go to the baseball game, the satellites will be counting every beer, you talk to that cute girl at the bus stop, we'll be recording your lips. Eventually Mr. Zero, we'll have enough evidence to charge you.

Have a nice day. Remember, we're watching you.

That's too hypothetical. It could happen, but hey, if I'm some rapist, and I rape that "cute girl", then they know who I am and what I said. If I'm a terrorist, they've got me caught. It's not just a con-riddled idea. It has it's pro's too.

You younger people really need to read 1984.  This is another step in the pissing away of our civil rights.  This should be so unconsititutional its not even funny.  We have a right to privacy until we do something to merit that loss.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH