Bruce Levine on Maggs/Frank injuries

southsider2k5

Notes from Bruce Levine on the radio pregame. Orodnez has met with James Andrews and another big doctor, and both feel that if bone marrow levels aren't fixing themselves very soon (which they haven't been) that yet another surgical proceedure will be needed on his knee. It will take 3 months to recover from the surgery if it happens.

On Frank the team docs are going to inspect his heel this week. If heeling hasn't taken place Frank will undergo surgery to have a screw inserted in his heel. If Frank goes under the knife he is supposed to be 100% for spring training.

Notes from Bruce Levine on the radio pregame.  Orodnez has met with James Andrews and another big doctor, and both feel that if bone marrow levels aren't fixing themselves very soon (which they haven't been) that yet another surgical proceedure will be needed on his knee.  It will take 3 months to recover from the surgery if it happens.

On Frank the team docs are going to inspect his heel this week.  If heeling hasn't taken place Frank will undergo surgery to have a screw inserted in his heel.  If Frank goes under the knife he is supposed to be 100% for spring training.

Thanx Mike. :)

I dont at all. And Im a big Maggs fan.

Im just going by the reports, so who knows what all is true, but from what all the papers said, along with KW and JR, we offered Maggs a really contract, and he turned it down. He wanted Vlad money, and we didnt give in.  Now, he is hurt, and no one really knows the future of his carrer. He could sign for 3 or 4 Million next season, mabye less.

I just dont feel bad for him. Just based on the fact we gave him a FAT CONTRACT, he didnt bite, and now he is paying for it, BIG TIME.

So True SO True

Im just going by the reports, so who knows what all is true, but from what all the papers said, along with KW and JR, we offered Maggs a really contract, and he turned it down. He wanted Vlad money, and we didnt give in.  Now, he is hurt, and no one really knows the future of his carrer. He could sign for 3 or 4 Million next season, mabye less.

I just dont feel bad for him. Just based on the fact we gave him a FAT CONTRACT, he didnt bite, and now he is paying for it, BIG TIME.

I do not feel sorry for Maggs financially. That part I agree with.

However, I completely disagree on my feelings towards Maggs. He didn't know he was going to get injured, and had he not collided with Willie, he is looking at probably a 5-year $70 mill deal from someone in all likelyhood.

You honestly can't tell me you do not feel bad for him that he was hurt. Him not accepting the contract, that's understandable...but being hurt severely like he is is not something you should be happy about.

The Mets didn't want to sign Vlad last offseason because of his so called back injury. It'll be interesting to see what they'll do this offseason with him. My money's on Maggs going to the Giants, Mets, or staying here for a 1 year incentive laden deal.

Call me crazy, but why didn't Frank just go under the knife 2 months ago? I mean we all pretty much figured he was done for the year anyway, so why not fix it quickly and get as much healing time as possible and be ready to roll at 100% in April?

You don't want to cut someone open unless you have to...

I feel like this. :headbang Don't assume the contract offered was all that hot. JR is known for backloading, deferring and various incentive clauses.

Call me crazy, but why didn't Frank just go under the knife 2 months ago? I mean we all pretty much figured he was done for the year anyway, so why not fix it quickly and get as much healing time as possible and be ready to roll at 100% in April?

:o

Cut open your foot before you absolutely positively have to... no way jose!!