Andy Katz top 50 teams in college basketball.

qwerty

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What no Northwestern on the list? :lol:

Don't get me started on that, my Dad is convinced that they will make the NCAA tourney this year, I keep telling him they still have some work to do. Vukusic is pretty good when he is healthy, and Parker and Haccad are decent, but they need more than that. Doyle needs to play huge until Thompson is eligible(if he is anywhere near as good as the hype that'll be a huge boost). At least they'll have a bench this year. :lol:

I'm hoping for a huge year from them but won't be surprised if they struggle. Illinois, MSU, and Michigan should beat them soundly, but for some reason they always seem to match up well against Wisconsin, and the rest of the conference doesn't really strike fear in my heart. I think that next year is their season unless Vedran can get a pro deal(NBA or abroad).

Don't get me started on that, my Dad is convinced that they will make the NCAA tourney this year, I keep telling him they still have some work to do. Vukusic is pretty good when he is healthy, and Parker and Haccad are decent, but they need more than that. Doyle needs to play huge until Thompson is eligible(if he is anywhere near as good as the hype that'll be a huge boost). At least they'll have a bench this year. :lol:

They have a chance this year, but a lot of things have to go right. Thompson has to match expectations, Doyle needs to be his solid backup. A couple of the freshman need to step up and contribute some. I like Brandon Lee, he was a solid pickup. He can give the Cats a backup PG for the first time ever and I think he is a good sleeper because he was on a stacked Peoria Central team as well as playing 2nd banana to Shaun Livingston. Not only do they need that to happen, but they need to gel and overcome no Thompson early. I wouldn't be surprised if they fall flat on their faces this year. They could also live up to potential a year ahead of schedule and make the tourney. However, when all is said and done the Cats will probably be in the NIT (which in it's own is a victory, lol) and hopefully the tourney next year.

I'll say this, NU is in better shape basketball wise then my Hawkeyes. God, I don't even want to think what has happened to them.

All I know is Alford better get his s*** together. They do have a semi veteran team though, so maybe those vets can put s*** together and make something happen.

I have seen plenty of NW basketball, looks like junior high girls teams.

NW is the Baylor of the Big 10 in bball

So what does that mean for the 7 Big Ten teams they beat last season?

And besides, Northwestern has defined futility in college basketball. To go with their record losing streak in football, they have never, repeat NEVER, made it to the NCAA tournament. Don't diss Baylor like that.

I'll say this, NU is in better shape basketball wise then my Hawkeyes.  God, I don't even want to think what has happened to them.

All I know is Alford better get his s*** together.  They do have a semi veteran team though, so maybe those vets can put s*** together and make something happen.

I've never seen Iowa try harder to lost a game than last year against Iowa State.

John f***ing Neal.

Does anyone know how the Big Ten is supposed to be compared to other conferences?

They are definitely going to be weaker than the ACC. SEC looks stronger too, with Florida, Miss State, Kentucky, Alabama, and possibly LSU competing for the title. I'm not sure that the Big East is going to have a super team, but they should have a ton of solid teams, meaning they'll probably be stronger than the Big Ten. The Big 12 looks like Kansas and everyone else. Texas is the only other team I really see with a chance to do anything, so I have trouble saying they will be stronger than the Big Ten. Pac 10 looks pretty dredful, Stanford lost a bunch of guys, Arizona has pretty much the same group of underachievers as last year(pretty talented though).

I'll say this, NU is in better shape basketball wise then my Hawkeyes.  God, I don't even want to think what has happened to them.

All I know is Alford better get his s*** together.  They do have a semi veteran team though, so maybe those vets can put s*** together and make something happen.

Alford's too busy worrying about the Orange Krush and the other Big Ten fans to do anything with his program.

I can't see Florida making a run at the title. I'm not a big fan of Donovan's coaching ability, nor am I a fan of Anthony Roberson at all.

As for the Big 12, Texas has unbelievable talent, although its young. By the end of the year, they could be as good as it gets. Oklahoma will be a very solid team also, I love watching Andrew Lavender and Kevin Bookout play. Not to mention they have a kid named Longar Longar now :-).

Also watch out for Conference USA, they will have a good chance to be one of the top 3 conference this year in my opinion.

I can't believe I left out Oklahoma State on my Big 12 comments, how the hell do I leave out a Final Four team?! I'm not so sure they'll be a great team, losing Tony Allen is going to hurt a lot. I personally think they need another player to step up to contend with Kansas, Lucas, Graham, and McFarlin can't do everything(before someone says Bobik, he is way to one-dimensional to be counted on right now). They should be solid though, my guess is they'll get a 3 or 4 seed in the tourney. My personal top 10:

1) UNC

2) Kansas

3) Arizona (I know this is awfully high, but I'm picking just on talent. Adams is spectacular, Stoudamire and Frye are solid, Shakur should be better, and they actually have a bench this year. Actually I think they are be better than Kansas on pure talent, but the top 4 guys on KU impressed me late last year)

4) Wake Forest

5) Illinois (drop considerably if Brown is out for a while)

6) Georgia Tech

7) Duke (depth will hurt, but still have talent)

8) Syracuse (will kick ass if Edelin is back)

9) MSU (still don't have a PG, but I like Hill, Torbert, and Davis a lot)

10) Florida (This is more that I don't trust Alabama, and I can't really have 5 ACC teams in the top 10. Roberson, Walsh, and Lee is a nice starting point, Brewer should make a nice impact, and I think they have enough bodies to get by at center)

Just missing(no particular order)- UConn, ND, Alabama, Maryland, Ok State

I can't believe I left out Oklahoma State on my Big 12 comments, how the hell do I leave out a Final Four team?! I'm not so sure they'll be a great team, losing Tony Allen is going to hurt a lot. I personally think they need another player to step up to contend with Kansas, Lucas, Graham, and McFarlin can't do everything. They should be solid though, my guess is they'll get a 3 or 4 seed in the tourney. My personal top 10:

1) UNC

2) Kansas

3) Arizona (I know this is awfully high, but I'm picking just on talent)

4) Wake Forest

5) Illinois (drop considerably if Brown is out for a while)

6) Georgia Tech

7) Duke (depth will hurt, but still have talent)

8) Syracuse (will kick ass if Edelin is back)

9) MSU (still don't have a PG, but I like Hill, Torbert, and Davis a lot)

10) Florida (This is more that I don't trust Alabama, and I can't really have 5 ACC teams in the top 10. Roberson, Walsh, and Lee is a nice starting point, Brewer should make a nice impact, and I think they have enough bodies to get by at center)

Just missing(no particular order)- UConn, ND, Alabama, Maryland, Ok State

Wow i agree on all top 10 teams. If brown is out for a while though i may just cry. :crying