**Lions @ Bears Game Thread**

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a tough loss to swallow.  Damn I hate being a Chicago sports fan  :angry:

Goes from such positive attitudes to really s***ty ones in a span of 3 hours. Then you try to think we can win next week...then I think we're playing the packers and i think: no way in hell. Then i look at the rest of the schedule and i just :headshake I love the bears but they need to learn some f***ing discipline and just play football. They really do piss me off sometimes.

:fthecubs The only good thing bout today is theyre losing

Few positives I'm taking from this game:

1) Terrell had a great game receiving-wise; that dumbass personal foul pissed the f*** out of me though; David's gotta quit that stupid ass s***.

2) Haynes had a sack, helping his cause in why he should start over Brown.

3) We didn't give up at the end of the game, when it looked like we had no chance. We could have just given up and handed it to the Lions, but we made them sweat until the end. Sadly, we couldn't pull it out.

Negatives:

1) Dumbass, unacceptable penalties

2) Turnovers

Alright now that I am done shattering my remote, punching the wall and dropping F bombs I would like to look at some positives and negatives...

On defense we looked great. The 20 points the Lions managed to put together cannot be blamed on the defense. 7 came off of the blocked FG where it looked like our guys were running in slow motion. Then a lot of the other points were because of the offenses turnovers giving Detroit good field position...

Urlacher looked like the beast we have come to love. Smothering Kevin Jones' feeble attempts at running the ball to the outside. Dropping back in coverage, nearly making a diving interception.

Lance Briggs looked absolutely outstanding. That man was all over the place. He may challenge Urlacher for our team lead in tackles.

On the line Tommie Harris looked solid. He put some pressure on Harrington a few times and I was impressed considering it was his first NFL game.

Ogun looked pretty good consider Harrington is the hardest QB to sack in the entire NFL over the last 10 years. He also had a nice play tackling Harrington from behind right at the line of scrimmage on 3rd and long.

Also Michael Haynes played solid with a sack.

On the offensive side of the ball there were not as many things to be happy about...

Thomas Jones looked real good. While he didn't put up as many yards as most would have liked he had big runs when we need them. On 3rd and 1 he was automatic and he also punched in the 2 TD's from the 1. One of which looked like he was going to get stopped all the way back at the 9. I love how we run so many passes to him, he didn't drop a single on and can really do some things after the catch.

Grossman had some good plays but overall was barely average. I was especially pleased with all the 3rd and longs he was converting with DT. On top of that he was automatic on short passes, and he places them well to enable the receiver to pick up some YAC.

DT was great inside the out of bounds lines. As I said he had 3 or 4 1st down catches on 3rd and way long. It was really good to see him succeed with Shoop gone.

Outside of DT none of the receivers really showed me anything. Clark had a costly fumble and Lyman dropped an easy 20 yarder.

The pass protection was great minus Q Mitchell. Generally Grossman had a fair amount of time to throw.

But that same offensive line wasn't so great blocking for the run. There weren't too many lanes for TJ all game.

Now for some negatives...

The defensive backs were very very unimpressive. RW is the same idiot who commits pass interference in the end zone on an overthrown ball.

Tillman, while the ball didn't go his way too much, didn't look great. It was his man, Az Hakim, who caught the TD to put the Lions on top.

Mike Brown did lay one man out when he was juggling the ball, didn't do the same to Roy Williams when he had the chance. Sure it was one of the best catches you will see this year, but Mike Brown could have made it nothing. While Williams was juggling the ball Mike Brown just stood and watched. Overall I am not too worried about him.

Q Mitchell. Wow I don't have to say too much. This guy is crap. On two straight plays he committed false start and holding. Not good. It was also him who allowed James Hall to get to Rex and force a fumble. Paging Rex Tucker...we need you bad.

Penalties. Holy crap did we play stupid. Whenever David Terrell wants to act like he has caught a damn pass before is cool with me. That taunting penalty killed that drive.

Kreutz also had a terrible personal foul.

Too many men on the field, offsides, holding, pass interference, false start, personal foul...I could have sworn I was listening to someone reading me the rule book.

All in all this team definitely shows some promise. The looked fired up and never quit. If they can correct the immaturity and utter stupidity they have the talent to win 7-9 games this year.

Now let's beat the f***ing Packers!!! :headbang

By the way...I fixed my remote. Damn duct tape is handy. :)

Alright now that I am done shattering my remote, punching the wall and dropping F bombs I would like to look at some positives and negatives...

On defense we looked great.  The 20 points the Lions managed to put together cannot be blamed on the defense.  7 came off of the blocked FG where it looked like our guys were running in slow motion.  Then a lot of the other points were because of the offenses turnovers giving Detroit good field position...

Urlacher looked like the beast we have come to love.  Smothering Kevin Jones' feeble attempts at running the ball to the outside.  Dropping back in coverage, nearly making a diving interception.

Lance Briggs looked absolutely outstanding.  That man was all over the place.  He may challenge Urlacher for our team lead in tackles.

On the line Tommie Harris looked solid.  He put some pressure on Harrington a few times and I was impressed considering it was his first NFL game.

Ogun looked pretty good consider Harrington is the hardest QB to sack in the entire NFL over the last 10 years.  He also had a nice play tackling Harrington from behind right at the line of scrimmage on 3rd and long.

Also Michael Haynes played solid with a sack.

On the offensive side of the ball there were not as many things to be happy about...

Thomas Jones looked real good.  While he didn't put up as many yards as most would have liked he had big runs when we need them.  On 3rd and 1 he was automatic and he also punched in the 2 TD's from the 1.  One of which looked like he was going to get stopped all the way back at the 9.  I love how we run so many passes to him, he didn't drop a single on and can really do some things after the catch.

Grossman had some good plays but overall was barely average.  I was especially pleased with all the 3rd and longs he was converting with DT.  On top of that he was automatic on short passes, and he places them well to enable the receiver to pick up some YAC.

DT was great inside the out of bounds lines.  As I said he had 3 or 4 1st down catches on 3rd and way long.  It was really good to see him succeed with Shoop gone.

Outside of DT none of the receivers really showed me anything.  Clark had a costly fumble and Lyman dropped an easy 20 yarder.

The pass protection was great minus Q Mitchell.  Generally Grossman had a fair amount of time to throw.

But that same offensive line wasn't so great blocking for the run.  There weren't too many lanes for TJ all game.

Now for some negatives...

The defensive backs were very very unimpressive.  RW is the same idiot who commits pass interference in the end zone on an overthrown ball.

Tillman, while the ball didn't go his way too much, didn't look great.  It was his man, Az Hakim, who caught the TD to put the Lions on top.

Mike Brown did lay one man out when he was juggling the ball, didn't do the same to Roy Williams when he had the chance.  Sure it was one of the best catches you will see this year, but Mike Brown could have made it nothing.  While Williams was juggling the ball Mike Brown just stood and watched.  Overall I am not too worried about him.

Q Mitchell.  Wow I don't have to say too much.  This guy is crap.  On two straight plays he committed false start and holding.  Not good.  It was also him who allowed James Hall to get to Rex and force a fumble.  Paging Rex Tucker...we need you bad.

Penalties.  Holy crap did we play stupid.  Whenever David Terrell wants to act like he has caught a damn pass before is cool with me.  That taunting penalty killed that drive.

Kreutz also had a terrible personal foul.

Too many men on the field, offsides, holding, pass interference, false start, personal foul...I could have sworn I was listening to someone reading me the rule book.

All in all this team definitely shows some promise.  The looked fired up and never quit.  If they can correct the immaturity and utter stupidity they have the talent to win 7-9 games this year.

Now let's beat the f***ing Packers!!! :headbang

By the way...I fixed my remote.  Damn duct tape is handy.  :)

What a post!! :headbang :notworthy :headbang :notworthy

lol, I was actaully suprised I read the whole thing, but I did, and it was good.

For me, I wasnt very impressed with T.Jones. Just didnt look that good to me, decent, but not great. The D line was also not to impressive, I really watched O-gun and didnt see alot of great things.

Are offesne is going to be SOOO frusterating this year. But this team, with disipline, could win 7,

My 4-12 is looking better and better. :ph34r:

Personally a 6 win season would not dissapoint me too much.

I realize this is the 1st year with a new QB, new offensive and defensive system, new head coach, new OLine and a lot of youth.

It is a development year and we are definitely going in the right direction.