Oprah gives entire audience new cars

southsider2k5

actually on the yahoo story i believe they said that pontiac donated the cars so i don't think oprah paid for them.

That's what I heard also. She seems nice.. and likes to help people.. but no way did she give up $7 million of her "own" money...

It's like that Extreme Makeover: The Home Edition, sure it is publicity stunts and such for the companies and starts and such, but when it is also going to great causes, then all is cool.

I don't like Oprah, but I wish more famous and rich people would do the type of stuff she does. She actually cares about people, and she does try to make a difference. As I said, I am not fond of her, but I hope to hell she keeps making more money and never retires!

Her studio audience is by no means hurting and in need of charity. Don't get me wrong.. it was a nice thing. But it's not like the people who got them were in a state of despiration.

From what I had heard, that is EXACTLY what was in the audience yesterday. Supposedly a 10 month search was conducted to find the right people in need of cars.

From what I had heard, that is EXACTLY what was in the audience yesterday. Supposedly a 10 month search was conducted to find the right people in need of cars.

Channel 2 interviewed a couple this morning who was there... their big concern was how they were going to get their lexus home since their 15 year old (who was with them) couldn't drive alone. :rolly

Maybe they made it past the screeners. I went to a taping a few years ago and her studo audience is mostly upper class females.

...my Mom has a Lexus, and I can tell you, it is a 10+ year old Lexus from when things were going well for my parents. Since then, the p's have divorced, I make more than them both (trust me, that ain't much), Mom has had a liver transplant (of which the meds are expensive as hell), and times ain't all that good. Mom could use a new car, but she drives a Lexus, so she must be doing O.K.

Don't judge a person on one material possession you might see.

...my Mom has a Lexus, and I can tell you, it is a 10+ year old Lexus from when things were going well for my parents. Since then, the p's have divorced, I make more than them both (trust me, that ain't much), Mom has had a liver transplant (of which the meds are expensive as hell), and times ain't all that good. Mom could use a new car, but she drives a Lexus, so she must be doing O.K.

Don't judge a person on one material possession you might see.

Please believe me when I say that I'm NOT saying this in your case or your parents' case, but a lot of the time, that one material possession is purchased for the sole purpose of a judgment being made.

The "right" sneakers, the "right" clothes, the "right" car, etc etc etc, all gotten for the "right" impression to be made.

....that's why I got my 1993 Suzuki Sidekick, YO..... :lol: :lol: :lol: