Attn: Jerry Reinsdorf

YASNY

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the fans, the numbers tell the story. Last year, the Angels sold 13,000 season tickets. This year, they're up to 29,000. Last season, they drew 2.3 million fans. Now they're projecting 2.8 million, and 3 million isn't out of the question.

Its amazing down here in the area. I'm actually going to have to buy scalper tickets to go to a freaking Angel home opener. I have been to everyone since I was 4 years old so I am not about to miss this one.

They had a lottery for who got opening day tickets.

They only raised ticket prices by like an avg of 2 bucks and they were pretty much the cheapest in baseball last year.

One new thing they added was buy 2 season tickets get 2 free. Also, if you don't attend a game with a mini plan or season tickets, you can turn them in and go to another game.

At my school, I now see Angel hats. The Angels are now in position that they have a better fan base, and if they can do it a couple years in a row, they will have a dedicated fan base. The Sox need to do the same thing.

Angels shedded the uniforms, Sox shed the name of a crappy owner whose name was represented on the stadium. Sox win the series this year!!!!!!!! Not because of that, but because of the talent this team has. :headbang

Here's just a thought to ponder here for a minute.

Do you suppose it was just the White Sox involved in getting Colon, or do you think that maybe someone higher(cough cough, Bud Selig) had a helping hand in getting Colon to Chicago in the first place? Maybe it wasn't KW that said "Hey Jerry....would you want to acquire Bartolo Colon?" but rather Selig saying the same thing....could it be? And then, in the reports, the White Sox and Selig agreed to give the credit of the deal to KW, because he was the mastermind of the deal....meaning, Jerry basically said "Put together a trade for Colon", KW did(in KW fashion....trading a starter for a starter, and making it a 3-for-1 deal with 1 minor leaguer coming to us)....and KW was nervous and up all night long because he wasn't sure it was going to get done....but JR and Selig were sleeping at the time because they had just spent $100 on a nice bottle of champagne and celebrated in true fashion(finishing the bottle, of course). Maybe George had a little glass of it too....keeping Colon out of Boston, and having a hand in doing so.

Do you suppose that if we did not have an owner who was such good friends with the commish, that we would have gotten Colon? Think about it....we never heard about the full extents of the Colon-to-Boston rumors....maybe Minaya was given orders by Selig to keep upping the price from Boston....asking for Hillenbrand initially, and then Fossum....maybe next, he would have asked for Hanley Ramirez and more and more and more.....but Fossum was the last step. And who would the people have been from the Mets that they would have received for Colon.....Aaron Heilman, Jose Reyes and ????.....they would have asked for quite a bit. Instead, we get a reduced rate....Biddle goes over....who was at one time, injured goods....Jeff Liefer, who was a 5th OFer for us and a backup 1Bman....and then it cost us Antonio Osuna, who was injured goods at one time, and Delvis Lantigua, who never really ever had a chance in our organization for El Duque(who then went to Montreal).

You don't suppose this was a scenario of "I'll scratch your back, you scratch mine", do you? I personally believe that's the case....just not sure what JR has done/will do in return. I am sure it is not giving Milwaukee Royce Clayton and Todd Ritchie! :D

I think that this screams of tampering, or whatever it would be....us getting the inside track because of someone close to the organization. I'm surprised no one else in the big-time has realized it yet.

Steff my Dad bought season tickets THIS YEAR and WAS guaranteed the same seats for all 3 allstar events , that is why he bought them so .......... NEXT................ to you!

Soxfest, I hope your dad has that in writing because in the season ticket holder letter and in an announcement at Soxfest ONLY those with packages prior to 2001 (might be 99, I don't have the letter with me at work) were GUARANTEED AS tickets - and a lottery for the others. If you don't believe me have him contact his rep. As a matter of fact I have been in conversations with both Brad Dreher and Chris Stravrianos (ticket reps) regarding trying to solidify our seats and they are unsure at this point where we will get them. The account has been open for several seasons.

Here's just a thought to ponder here for a minute.

Do you suppose it was just the White Sox involved in getting Colon, or do you think that maybe someone higher(cough cough, Bud Selig) had a helping hand in getting Colon to Chicago in the first place?  Maybe it wasn't KW that said "Hey Jerry....would you want to acquire Bartolo Colon?" but rather Selig saying the same thing....could it be?  And then, in the reports, the White Sox and Selig agreed to give the credit of the deal to KW, because he was the mastermind of the deal....meaning, Jerry basically said "Put together a trade for Colon", KW did(in KW fashion....trading a starter for a starter, and making it a 3-for-1 deal with 1 minor leaguer coming to us)....and KW was nervous and up all night long because he wasn't sure it was going to get done....but JR and Selig were sleeping at the time because they had just spent $100 on a nice bottle of champagne and celebrated in true fashion(finishing the bottle, of course).  Maybe George had a little glass of it too....keeping Colon out of Boston, and having a hand in doing so. 

Do you suppose that if we did not have an owner who was such good friends with the commish, that we would have gotten Colon?  Think about it....we never heard about the full extents of the Colon-to-Boston rumors....maybe Minaya was given orders by Selig to keep upping the price from Boston....asking for Hillenbrand initially, and then Fossum....maybe next, he would have asked for Hanley Ramirez and more and more and more.....but Fossum was the last step.  And who would the people have been from the Mets that they would have received for Colon.....Aaron Heilman, Jose Reyes and ????.....they would have asked for quite a bit.  Instead, we get a reduced rate....Biddle goes over....who was at one time, injured goods....Jeff Liefer, who was a 5th OFer for us and a backup 1Bman....and then it cost us Antonio Osuna, who was injured goods at one time, and Delvis Lantigua, who never really ever had a chance in our organization for El Duque(who then went to Montreal).

You don't suppose this was a scenario of "I'll scratch your back, you scratch mine", do you?  I personally believe that's the case....just not sure what JR has done/will do in return.  I am sure it is not giving Milwaukee Royce Clayton and Todd Ritchie! :D

I think that this screams of tampering, or whatever it would be....us getting the inside track because of someone close to the organization.  I'm surprised no one else in the big-time has realized it yet.

Heh...nice conspiracy theory.

I don't believe it for a milli-second.

the bottom line is that the season ticket is up as oppose to last yr. yeah the all star prob had a lot to do with it. so lets take advantage of it and put a winning team on the field and if we do go to the playoff, so much the better for the team and fans. then they, the sox can build on that. but if they don't take advantage of this, then they are stupid. that is what i think posters like yansy, cubkilla and myself are saying.

Maybe you should realize that much of the increase is due to the White Sox hosting the All-Star Game. Ticket brokers have been buying chunks of season tickets for the SOLE PURPOSE of obtaining premier All-Star Game and festivities tickets.

As for JR doing everything he can do to win.....  :lol: . While Colon was a good pick-up, and I did give both him and KW credit for making that happen, there are still holes at C, 2B (nobody knows how DJ is going to fare and his back-up is Harris), and CF. Three ?-marks at nine fielding positions hardly shows a committed desire to do EVERYTHING possible to win..... especially when Kent, IRod, Cruz, etc. were available.

Get real. The Sox drew 1,675,591 in 2002. Putting money into this team was not realistic. They did what they did (signed Frank, acquired Koch, signed Gordon, signed Daubach, and traded for Bartolo Colon), and did so without increasing payroll significantly. That's amazing, and there is no denying that.

Second...so we have 3 question marks -- and? There aren't many teams in baseball that have fewer. You aren't going to go from being a .500 team to having 0 question marks. This team has the potential...POTENTIAL...to score 1000 runs and have 2 20-game winners, as well as 2 15+-game winners. True, that could all fall apart. Time will tell.

Kent? You willing to not get Bartolo to sign him? I'm not.

I-Rod? You willing to not sign Frank in order to get him? I certainly wasn't.

Cruz? Please.

So, unless you can name me an impact player that we could have signed without the need to break the bank, this Sox team absolutely did great this off-season considering the financial restrictions we had in place.

you need to put money in a team that needs help, so what you are saying that this team don't need a influx of talent in not realistic?

maybe there weren't any good fa that would have help, but there were some 2 nd level fa's that was interesting.

I'm not going to bore anyone anymore with my how I met JR story but as a lot time super critic, given that I met him in a sitruation where he and I had time to talk ayt length, I came away convinced thast he is truly a Sox fan (as opposed to just an owner) and wants a Sox winner as much as I do.

Now he may screw up going about it - but I don't doubt his sincereity anymore.

And I am still angry with him for f***ing up the MB signing.

But I think he is sincere.

Guest hotsoxchick1

season ticket sales are up because of the all star game.. steff how many seasons have you been going now???? ill be willing to bet you 100.00 that the attendence at the park (physical people sitting in the seats) will be about the same as it always is.. with the lower bowl half empty and a few stragglers in the upper deck for home games (minus the cubs, and yanks, home opener and season closer)....you watch and see how many of those new ticket holders only go to the all star festivities and thats it.. they wont be back next year.. they will be where ever the all star game is then.......and yes the newbies do get all star tickets depending on which package they purchased... the other (lower priced packages) are the ones who are in the lottery...........i just got off the phone with my ticket guy to confirm it.............

That whole idea of Bud Selig getting Colon to Chicago doesn't make any sense.    What is the motivation factor in him doing that. And, even if that was the case, who cares?  Colon is with us! :headbang

What is the motivation behind Selig being a large helping hand? He is very good friends with JR....and you do nice stuff like that for your friends.

Is that reason enough?

season ticket sales are up because of the all star game.. steff how many seasons have you been going now???? ill be willing to bet you 100.00 that the attendence at the park (physical people sitting in the seats) will be about the same as it always is.. with the lower bowl half empty and a few stragglers in the upper deck for home games (minus the cubs, and yanks, home opener and season closer)....you watch and see how many of those new ticket holders only go to the all star festivities and thats it.. they wont be back next year.. they will be where ever the all star game is then.......and yes the newbies do get all star tickets depending on which package they purchased... the other (lower priced packages) are the ones who are in the lottery...........i just got off the phone with my ticket guy to confirm it.............

HSC.. I don't see anywhere where anyone is talking about actual attendance. I DID agree it has to do with the AS Game. And I DID mention the lottery in my post. So I guess I'm a bit confused as to why you posted to me regarding this...

As for how long we've had season tickets.. my grandparents (which I've paid since my grandparents retired in 1992 so I call them mine :D ) 34 years, mine and Jim's partner 5 years (I might be a year off on this one..)

I'm not going to bore anyone anymore with my how I met JR story but as a lot time super critic, given that I met him in a sitruation where he and I had time to talk ayt length, I came away convinced thast he is truly a Sox fan (as opposed to just an owner) and wants a Sox winner as much as I do.

Now he may screw up going about it - but I don't doubt his sincereity anymore.

And I am still angry with him for f***ing up the MB signing.

But I think he is sincere.

i am not a jr basher and in fact i have been a jr backer. (poetic i like that) i have defended him in the past as many here will tell you.

what i have been critical of him is that he has been blind to those he supports. in ref to money, i think he will come up with the money if the people tell him. the prob now is that following and supporting the wrong people has put the sox behind the 8 ball. but he needs to come up with a little more now to take advantage of the situation. we are in the a perfect situation to win now.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Steff my Dad bought season tickets THIS YEAR and WAS guaranteed the same seats for all 3 allstar events , that is why he bought them so .......... NEXT................ to you!

Soxfest, I hope your dad has that in writing because in the season ticket holder letter and in an announcement at Soxfest ONLY those with packages prior to 2001 (might be 99, I don't have the letter with me at work) were GUARANTEED AS tickets - and a lottery for the others. If you don't believe me have him contact his rep. As a matter of fact I have been in conversations with both Brad Dreher and Chris Stravrianos (ticket reps) regarding trying to solidify our seats and they are unsure at this point where we will get them. The account has been open for several seasons.

was this not your info??? hence the reason i directed to you...... everyone who bought ticket packages this year, are guarenteed a.s. tickets....the only lottery folks are those with the cheap packages (weekends only ect.).......new full season tickets and those with the 25 game packages are going to the all star game for sure.....and those 25 games were the majority of the new packages sold for this year thus far..........i asked my guy......we all know the attendance thing is gonna be the same wether we sell alot or not.....i feel that those 25 game folks bought cause they and the full season were guarenteed a sure in.........they wont be attending many games......lots of blue to fill once again...... ;)

was this not your info??? hence the reason i directed to you...... everyone who bought ticket packages this year, are guarenteed a.s. tickets....the only lottery folks are those with the cheap packages (weekends only ect.).......new full season tickets and those with the 25 game packages are going to the all star game for sure.....and those 25 games were the majority of the new packages sold for this year thus far..........i asked my guy......we all know the attendance thing is gonna be the same wether we sell alot or not.....i feel that those 25 game folks bought cause they and the full season were guarenteed a sure in.........they wont be attending many games......lots of blue to fill once again...... ;)

And like I said.. I refrenced the AS game being a draw and the lottery. You kinds just repeated my information.. except you specified that it was the lower game season purchasers that are in the lottery. I was told something different (from ticket reps) but oh well. Perhaps they have conflicting info.

And what's this 25 game package? Only 27 games according to Brad and Chris.

Guest hotsoxchick1

sorry your right 27 i have 25 on the mind i was doing home work as well as replying.. i guess thats what i get for doing too many things at once.........lol.......i just didnt want you to get soxfest going on a tirade with the lottery thing....he tends to be a bit fiesty at times.....lol