Daaaa daaaa daaaa dummmmmm...

kapkomet

Well, t minus 24 hours and counting. A press conference has been set up at 2:30 EST to announce the results of the board of governors meeting to be held in Toronto tomorrow morning. Gee. I wonder what will be said... :huh

It's getting crazy. I talked to a player and an agent this morning, they are working to get signed up in Europe.

I also know a major corporate sponsor for the Dallas Stars, the Stars President was personally calling the "big accounts" today to give them a status update ...

Buckle in folks. It's gonna be a long one.

An aside - it also seems like they are hoping for a mid-December settlement.

Well, t minus 24 hours and counting.  A press conference has been set up at 2:30 EST to announce the results of the board of governors meeting to be held in Toronto tomorrow morning.  Gee.  I wonder what will be said...  :huh

It's getting crazy.  I talked to a player and an agent this morning, they are working to get signed up in Europe.

I also know a major corporate sponsor for the Dallas Stars, the Stars President was personally calling the "big accounts" today to give them a status update ...

Buckle in folks.  It's gonna be a long one.

An aside - it also seems like they are hoping for a mid-December settlement.

Hey Kap, is Hordi still on a two-way deal? I know it was just a couple years ago he was in Springfield so it's possible. San Antonio plays in Syracuse this year in the AHL so if he's playing down I'd proibably go see the game to see him and the other young Panthers (Bouw, Krajicek, Weiss et al)

No.

He's working on a "plan A", and a "plan B", neither of them is in the minor leagues.

If he goes to the minors, he would have to clear waivers whenever the NHL started again, and I'll tell you now that one GM Mike Keenan LOVES Hordi. So that ain't gonna happen.

I will be talking to Hordi most likely tonight or definitely tomorrow - we got lots to catch up on because I have not talked to him since May! I'll let you all know the scoop after I talk to him.

No.

He's working on a "plan A", and a "plan B", neither of them is in the minor leagues.

If he goes to the minors, he would have to clear waivers whenever the NHL started again, and I'll tell you now that one GM Mike Keenan LOVES Hordi.  So that ain't gonna happen.

I will be talking to Hordi most likely tonight or definitely tomorrow - we got lots to catch up on because I have not talked to him since May!  I'll let you all know the scoop after I talk to him.

Alright cool thanks. The Baby Sens are getting stocked with Jason Spezza, Antoine Vermette, Anton Volchenkov and Dominick Hasek....yes, Dominick Hasek. The first three are still on their original two-way deals and Hasek is gonna be here on "conditioning stints" until the NHL is back. He'll probably only play 1 game a week but its cool nonetheless. The thing with waivers though, is that isnt there kind of a general unsaid rule of "hands off". Like if a young player is sent down teams back off. ALso, isnt it just going through waivers on the way down? Once down you can be called back up without passing through as long as that team has a roster spot open.

If I lived in Canada, I might care.

The NHL sucks, and I can attribute those feelings to the Blackhawks organization. I don't care about NHL, and if it goes under, I'll probably cheer. Goddamn the Hawks ownership for putting such a dark light an such an awesomely violent sport.

I'll take the other three major sports, thank you very much. Besides, skating just doesn't do it for me.

The good thing about the lockout is that the Wolves will get a nice attendance boost from the diehards who need to see some hockey, like myself.

They put a better product on the ice AND put on a better show for the money than the Wirtz Family Circus anyway.

The Wolves as an organization are much better than the Hawks organization, but you cannot even compare the NHL to the AHL. The level of play isn't even close...

Alright cool thanks. The Baby Sens are getting stocked with Jason Spezza, Antoine Vermette, Anton Volchenkov and Dominick Hasek....yes, Dominick Hasek. The first three are still on their original two-way deals and Hasek is gonna be here on "conditioning stints" until the NHL is back.

I think I just found out where my back up vacation is going to be... :headbang

The Wolves as an organization are much better than the Hawks organization, but you cannot even compare the NHL to the AHL.  The level of play isn't even close...

The level of play is not NHL level, granted, but since both teams are at that same approximate level, AND since that level is not EONS below the NHL level ( as would be junior hockey or whatever ) it makes for very enjoyable hockey.

The SlackHawks' level of play hasn't exactly been NHL level the past few seasons, either, one playoff fluke year aside....give me the more affordable, more enjoyable, more kid-friendly experience anytime. ( My little girl loved the Wolves game we took her to, she was bored out of her gourd at the SlackHawk game ).

The level of play is not NHL level, granted, but since both teams are at that same approximate level, AND since that level is not EONS below the NHL level ( as would be junior hockey or whatever ) it makes for very enjoyable hockey.

The SlackHawks' level of play hasn't exactly been NHL level the past few seasons, either, one playoff fluke year aside....give me the more affordable, more enjoyable, more kid-friendly experience anytime. ( My little girl loved the Wolves game we took her to, she was bored out of her gourd at the SlackHawk game ).

Plus the NHL's level of a thing I like to call "giving a s***" has been there for a long time. I like to go see teams and players that give a s***. That's why I love minor league anything. Those guys bust their asses on every single play/AB. It is refreshing to watch that, as opposed to a bunch of rich spoiled pricks who could care less.

Plus the NHL's level of a thing I like to call "giving a s***" has been there for a long time.  I like to go see teams and players that give a s***.  That's why I love minor league anything.  Those guys bust their asses on every single play/AB.  It is refreshing to watch that, as opposed to a bunch of rich spoiled pricks who could care less.

To see players that really give a s*** minors is the way to go. The guys at the ECHL level are balls out ever night and they go out of their way to go to fan functions.

RIP CYCLONES!! (I hope they come back in some level of hockey somewhere...)

It appears there will not be a season for this year. These guys are the biggest dumbasses ever in sports. They had a great chance to improve their standings in the world back in 94' when baseball went on strike and what did they do instead of taking advantage they go on strike too....f***ing morons. Hockey isn't much more than a rumor in most places and do they really think a majority of people will give a damn when its gone or when and if it ever comes back?? This pisses me off to no end when these greedy ass f***ers on both sides do this kind of s***.