mr eye and southsider2k4

kapkomet

What do you know about Options Clearing Corporation? This is what I have on them.

Options Clearing Corporation (located in Chicago)is the largest clearing organization in the world for options and was the first clearing house to receive a 'AAA' credit rating from Standard & Poor's Corporation.

Answer me quick... please.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you know about Options Clearing Corporation?  This is what I have on them.

Options Clearing Corporation (located in Chicago)is the largest clearing organization in the world for options and was the first clearing house to receive a 'AAA' credit rating from Standard & Poor's Corporation. 

Answer me quick... please.

They are the institution that clears all options trades. What exactly are you looking for?

Are they a reputable company?  Are they a decent place to work for?  Do they have a lion's share of the marketplace?

Are they going to get bought by someone, anyone?

I need the skinny - because I may have a lead on a job with them.

No they ARE the options industry. They are basically the SEC of options. it is a not for profit funded by the fees from the industries trading. I don't know anything about working FOR them though, but I could try to find out. Remember the building the CBOE is in? They are on the 5th floor there...

Are they a reputable company?  Are they a decent place to work for?  Do they have a lion's share of the marketplace?

Are they going to get bought by someone, anyone?

I need the skinny - because I may have a lead on a job with them.

Take it. I think their business is secure. As far as if it's a good job to have, I wouldn't know. But, yes, they have more than the lion's share of the business. I can't see them getting bought out unless it's by an Exchange and that would probably have to be approved by the SEC. Either way, I would say it's a secure job market right now.

See what y'all can dig up in the next hour or two... unfortunately I have to get an answer back by tomorrow morning.

I think, from what I see, that this might be a really good thing.

By the way, dude, I get this, I will definitely worm my way around to try to get you there. How ya like me now? :lol:

See what y'all can dig up in the next hour or two... unfortunately I have to get an answer back by tomorrow morning.

I think, from what I see, that this might be a really good thing.

By the way, dude, I get this, I will definitely worm my way around to try to get you there.  How ya like me now? :lol:

A lot more than 10 minutes ago... :lol: ;)

I am dead at work. If you want to ask questions for a couple of minutes PM me and I will send you our 800#.

And I forgot to say that they intend to bring on more staff - and since i manage the dept where i am now i think that would lead to me having a good shot at my own dept in dallas with the co.

problem is - if i want to move up in the company i would have to go to chicago.

And I forgot to say that they intend to bring on more staff - and since i manage the dept where i am now i think that would lead to me having a good shot at my own dept in dallas with the co.

problem is - if i want to move up in the company i would have to go to chicago.

It figures... RIGHT after you close on your house, this pops up. :bang