Jay Leno conservative? Think again

KipWellsFan

from Imdb.com

Leno: "I'm Not a Conservative"

In an apparent effort to counteract his portrayal as "the right comic" following his endorsement of Arnold Schwarzenegger in the California gubernatorial campaign, Jay Leno has told a Los Angeles columnist, "I'm not conservative. I've never voted that way in my life" and disclosed that he has no conservatives -- and no Republicans -- on his writing staff. In an interview with Nikki Finke appearing in L.A. Weekly magazine, Leno also expressed the opinion that "the media is in the pocket of the government, and they don't do their job. They have people like Michael Moore who do it for them." He told Finke that he often goes on the Internet, where he can "seek out and get news now where I want to get it, which I never could. ... Go on the Internet and get raw footage from Iraq right now, because some guy is broadcasting what they don't want you to see."

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/#tv1

doesn't surprise me either but i have a hard time believing he'd just come out and say this after he obviously tries to ride the fence on his show and he risks alienating about half of his audience.  :huh

Hell, 95% of Hollywood hates Bush and they don't seem to alienate their audinces..and to think of it, what late night host is a "Republican???"

Letterman isn't and bashes Bush everyday on his show..I'm not sure what Conan is..I thought he leaned more to the left, but i don't know