Media comparisons...

Rex Kickass

Taken from various news websites this morning on Iraq/WMD story.

msnbc - Report: Iraq had no WMD, only intentions.

NY TImes - Iraq study finds desire for arms, not capacity.

ABC - US Weapons Inspector: Iraq had no WMD

Fox News - Report: Saddam Imported Banned Materials.

*sings sesame street song to himself* Three of these things look good together, one of these things is not the same...

More like the conservative mouthpeice sticking up for their boy. It doesn't matter how many innocent people he kills they will still be on Bush like a 12 year old alterboy on a priest.

God I hope Bush loses. I hate that son a a b****. f***ing lying asshole.

:fyou BUSH!

I wish John McCain were president. :crying

The best part about the Fox News story is that the headline is taken from the very last paragraph of the story. Wasn't even the thrust of the story.

The Bush administration proved itself wrong today on the issue of WMD. And Fox News embellishes the one paragraph that contributes to the administration's argument. Make your own judgment I guess.

Hey, you know what else those headlines show?? They show that 3 out of those 4 media outlets decided to ignore part of the story because *gasp* it would help Bush. Sure, the Fox story may have only had one paragraph about the banned material but they did that to get you to read the article. Everyone else was saying the same thing so why read it? But Fox was pointing out another piece of the story instead of following everyone else. Hmmm, and I wonder why Fox is doing better than CNN...maybe because they're smarter?

Hey, you know what else those headlines show?? They show that 3 out of those 4 media outlets decided to ignore part of the story because *gasp* it would help Bush.

No, it shows that ONE of the 4 outlets trumped up a minor part of the story for a headline. ABC's headline was also poor.

Anyhow, I couldn't even find that Fox headline. All I found was:

"FoxNews Report: Saddam didn't have WMD stockpiles"

No, it shows that ONE of the 4 outlets trumped up a minor part of the story for a headline. ABC's headline was also poor.

Anyhow, I couldn't even find that Fox headline.  All I found was:

"FoxNews Report: Saddam didn't have WMD stockpiles"

Okay, I think you missed the rest of my post which showed that my main point was that Fox did that to grab readers attention...their headline was pretty much saying "Hey! Everyone else is talking about that but we got this too! So read us!" So many people here seem to think that the media's agenda is to serve the liberals or conservatives, Kerry or Bush, etc. When that's really not true, they could really care less about that. What is there number one priority? Oh yeah, viewers. They want the best ratings, and they'll do everything they can to get people to watch them even if it means making a headline out of a minor part of the story. News outlets do it all the time, not just Fox. How many times have you seen a preview for the 10 o'clock news and they say what's coming up and something grabs your attention. So you watch the news and that something ends up being a 10 second soundbite in a 1 minute story? You were disappointed, but you watched and that's all they wanted. That's what FoxNews did. It was cheap, but I guarantee you a LOT of people read that story. Heck, it caused an entire thread about it to be started here.

More like the conservative mouthpeice sticking up for their boy. It doesn't matter how many innocent people he kills they will still be on Bush like a 12 year old alterboy on a priest.

God I hope Bush loses. I hate that son a a b****. f***ing lying asshole.

:fyou BUSH!

I wish John McCain were president. :crying

:headbang :headbang :notworthy :headbang :headbang