Halfway to St Paddy's day Game thread

southsider2k5

OK, the Sox got lucky as hell that inning.  What the hell was Ozzie thinking?  No way should Sandy have been allowed to bat that inning.  Also, did anyone else see what looked to be Borchard swearing at someone in the stands after his out?

i agree with that about ozzie...and why the f*** would Joe be yelling at someone in the stands....i was cussing him out...and I assume most of the fans were. He has no right to cuss out a fan...we have the right to cuss him out. :lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, nothing like seeing Shingo get hammered when going 2 innings. Seriously, does our management know anything? It's just very confusing. Don't mean to b****, just sick of this terrible display of managing I've seen for a long time this season.

this season's not only a learning experience for the young players now...it's also a season of learning for Ozzie...

I hope next year he learns from all of the mistakes.  We can't have clueless baserunning, PH'ing, hitting, or pitching from OZZIE as a manager...He has to be more aware of what is going on....For God sake's a lot of people on this board make more sense sometimes than Ozzie does.  People on this board have a sense of what a lineup should be or when to relieve a pitcher or hitter...Ozzie doesn't and he gets paid to not know.. :bang

^^^^earlier post^^^^

Ozzie still hasn't learned. :headshake :chair :stick :huh

Konerko 4/5...and a lot of you guys want to get rid of him... :headshake

By far the Sox best player this year. :headbang

Sure he is great trade bait...but...He is killer.  You can't give up a killer offensive player...no matter how slow they are....Find someone else to trade :lol:

Remember, a lot of these fans see Gload and Ben Davis have one solid month, and they think they'll be full-time starters at the MLB level. You can't win at a hitters park with a defensive team. That's why I think that Ozzie is totally the wrong person for this job. He overmanages the offense too much often. There's no need for as many bunts as he had the Sox lay down (or pop up) this year.

Remember, a lot of these fans see Gload and Ben Davis have one solid month, and they think they'll be full-time starters at the MLB level.  You can't win at a hitters park with a defensive team.  That's why I think that Ozzie is totally the wrong person for this job.  He overmanages the offense too much often.  There's no need for as many bunts as he had the Sox lay down (or pop up) this year.

I still believe that with Lee, Thomas, Konerko and Rowand... as the core next year are respectable 2-5 hitters. I think that Ozzieball people should be put into the 1 hole and the 6-9 holes. It all depends on how much is spent and where it is spent...and hopefully it is spent wisely and not with people like Ritchie...Clayton...etc...

Konerko 4/5...and a lot of you guys want to get rid of him... :headshake

By far the Sox best player this year. :headbang

Sure he is great trade bait...but...He is killer.  You can't give up a killer offensive player...no matter how slow they are....Find someone else to trade :lol:

Agreed there is now way we can even think about getting rid of Konerko.

Remember, a lot of these fans see Gload and Ben Davis have one solid month, and they think they'll be full-time starters at the MLB level.  You can't win at a hitters park with a defensive team.  That's why I think that Ozzie is totally the wrong person for this job.  He overmanages the offense too much often.  There's no need for as many bunts as he had the Sox lay down (or pop up) this year.

Gload has been solid all year, I have no idea how you could say he's only been good for one month. Yes, I think we need to trade pauly or lee, both have been part of this mess for 4 years, and pauly has been great this year but he was the biggest problem last year when the offense sucked the first couple months of the year. We must get rid of 1 of them to reshape the offense a bit.

Gload has been solid all year, I have no idea how you could say he's only been good for one month. Yes, I think we need to trade pauly or lee, both have been part of this mess for 4 years, and pauly has been great this year but he was the biggest problem last year when the offense sucked the first couple months of the year.  We must get rid of 1 of them to reshape the offense a bit.

What would you think about keeping both Konerko and Carlos Lee, while dramatically re-shaping the team by bringing in a new RF, new 3B, new SS, new 2B, and 3 new pitchers?

What would you think about keeping both Konerko and Carlos Lee, while dramatically re-shaping the team by bringing in a new RF, new 3B, new SS, new 2B, and 3 new pitchers?

Honestly Jim, I really think we need to get rid of one of those guys. I think both of them have been part of the problem for the last couple of years. I think offensively they really need a shakeup and getting rid of one of those guys is a must, jmo. What do you think Jim?

I don't think you can individually blame Lee or Konerko for this team's failures the last few years.  I think it's been the collective structure of the team.

Oh, yas I completely agree. I'm definitely not blaming then alone, definitely not, like you said it's the collection of guys put together. I think the smartest way to bring that down is to get rid of one of these guys, jmo.