Who is YOUR White Sox MVP for '04?

knightni

Who's the Sox MVP in your opinion?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the Sox MVP in your opinion?

• Carlos Lee
    • Shingo Takatsu
    • Paul Konerko
    • Aaron Rowand
    • Mark Buehrle
    • Other (post who)

I think Aaron fits better into a "breakout season" type of award. While I love what he's done with the chance he's been given by Ozzie this year, I don't think you can make a claim that he was the MVP.

I voted for my namesake of course, but it was a tough call between he and Konerko. Pauly definitely should win Comeback Player of the Year, and he's putting up MVP-like numbers. He really stepped up when we lost Frank and Maggs. Between Paul, Carlos, and Aaron, the loss of our two top hitters was softened quite a bit. And with Frank getting along in years and Maggs more than likely on his way out, I like the prospects of our future without them. Plus with the change in direction the team wants to take, we found a diamond in the rough and got increased value from a player we may end up trading away.

I'm a little surprised that Shingo hasn't gotten at least 1 vote.

Yeah, he has given up the gopher ball a few times this month. But, he has been a breath of fresh air in the middle of the staleness that has been the 2004 Chicago White Sox.

I could hear a pitcher of the year arguement for Shingo, but not MVP.

I have to go with Konerko for the simple fact that he's been consistent all year long and is putting up monster numbers in a non-contract year. If that wasn't enough, he has totally shut up all the carping critics who said he was finished after one bad half of a season.

WTG Paulie!!!