Jay Gibbons

redandwhite

We really don't need to take chances. We could probably do a lot better with Maggs salary gone and any budget increases.

Huh? Don't take any chances? Teams have to take chances every year. Look at the Cardinals with Jeff Suppan. How about us last year with Loaiza. So many teams take chances, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Although I am not a fan of trading Konerko whatsoever, if he does happened to be traded, Gibbons is a definite upgrade over Gload at first base.

Gload would be a top five fielder i have read in many scouting reports that they have not seen much better defensively.

Huh? Don't take any chances? Teams have to take chances every year. Look at the Cardinals with Jeff Suppan. How about us last year with Loaiza. So many teams take chances, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

What I mean is, instead of getting a guy like Gibbons to replace Magglio, get an already estabvlished palyer to replace him, and if we get Gibbons, have it be in a backup or 4th/5th OF role. The division will not be won with us signing Gibbons and 'taking the chance' that he will adequately step in where Maggs left off.

What I mean is, instead of getting a guy like Gibbons to replace Magglio, get an already estabvlished palyer to replace him, and if we get Gibbons, have it be in a backup or 4th/5th OF role. The division will not be won with us signing Gibbons and 'taking the chance' that he will adequately step in where Maggs left off.

Nope, I say Gibbons as a bench player. No way I'd want him as our everyday OF.