Lets go Dolphins!!!!!!

Rowand44

And Miami, they need a whole new offensive line.  Gordon sucks, even though the o-line wasn't opening many holes, when they were there he just danced around.

the sad thing is, they have a whole new offensive line. mcintosh starting this week = 5 new starters from last year's line. 3/5 of the 2003 line are out of football entirely, and the 2004 version might still be worse. unbelievable.

i'm withholding judgment on gordon for now, but the early returns aren't encouraging.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sad thing is, they have a whole new offensive line. mcintosh starting this week = 5 new starters from last year's line. 3/5 of the 2003 line are out of football entirely, and the 2004 version might still be worse. unbelievable.

i'm withholding judgment on gordon for now, but the early returns aren't encouraging.

Gordon had absoloutley nowhere at all the run against Cincy.. If our O Line can pull it together then you will see he will be plenty capeable of being a solid RB for us..

Feeley is good too, but you have to give the man more than 3 seconds to make it happen, thats just ridiculous..

I hope Miami gets a top 10 pick, and finds a way to get either Cedric Benson or DJ Johnson..

I hope Miami gets a top 10 pick, and finds a way to get either Cedric Benson or DJ Johnson..

Those are the top offensive linemen available in next year's draft?

They need a Pace/Ogden/Gallery type monstrous offensive tackle IMO. There always seems to be one of those guys available every year.

People dont see how Easily they could be 2 - 0 right now..

You could say that for just about any team in the NFL. Hell, the Bears could be 2-0 easily right now too, had it not been for some stupid penalties. I don't see your point. You're not gonna win in this league without a good offensive line, and if Miami doesn't have it...

Put one and one together.

You could say that for just about any team in the NFL.  Hell, the Bears could be 2-0 easily right now too, had it not been for some stupid penalties.  I don't see your point.  You're not gonna win in this league without a good offensive line, and if Miami doesn't have it...

Agreed.

The Bills could very easily be 2-0 right now. Instead, they are 0-2. Failure to execute when necessary will result in losses.

You could say that for just about any team in the NFL.  Hell, the Bears could be 2-0 easily right now too, had it not been for some stupid penalties.  I don't see your point.  You're not gonna win in this league without a good offensive line, and if Miami doesn't have it...

My point is that people act like they are the worst team in the NFL.. They have given up 1 defensive TD, IMO they have had the best defense in the NFL so far..

Yes OLine needs a major upgrade, but if you have a Top 10 pick with a team that has aging LBers and a ? at RB so far... You gotta take either Benson or DJ Johnson..

Those Gallery, Pace, and Ogden type players do not come around every draft.. There are quality OLineman, but of that calibur.. its not every year..

Alex Barron looks like the best one for next year, but IF Miami has a top 10 pick, I dont see them taking a OLineman when there are other posistion aging or not filled that you can get a stud for..

i kinda agree with manofsteel. the O line's bad, but i think it's more a matter of crappy coaching, inexperience, and the fact they haven't worked together much than a matter of talent. they might wanna add a new face or two to the O line, but i think DT's gonna be the real need position, even moreso than RB. tim bowens and jeff zgonina are both old (and timbo has back problems), larry chester blew out his knee, and bryan robinson is bryan robinson. we need someone to step in. barring that, i say best player available.

i kinda agree with manofsteel. the O line's bad, but i think it's more a matter of crappy coaching, inexperience, and the fact they haven't worked together much than a matter of talent. they might wanna add a new face or two to the O line, but i think DT's gonna be the real need position, even moreso than RB. tim bowens and jeff zgonina are both old (and timbo has back problems), larry chester blew out his knee, and bryan robinson is bryan robinson. we need someone to step in. barring that, i say best player available.

You never know our OLine might get better over time playing with eachother.. Carey is gonna be real good and McIntosh is back this week starting for Wade Smith..

DT is a big need, but you can get a solid DT in late rounds too.. Getting a LBer like DJ Johnson would be excellent for the Phins..

Those Gallery, Pace, and Ogden type players do not come around every draft.. There are quality OLineman, but of that calibur.. its not every year..

Both my brain and my research are telling me otherwise. :D

10 Year Draft History

1995:

Tony Boselli T (#2 overall JAX), Ruben Brown G (#14 overall BUF)

1996:

Jonathan Ogden T (#4 overall BAL), Willie Anderson T (#10 overall CIN), Pete Kendall G (#21 overall SEA)

1997:

Orlando Pace T (#1 overall STL), Walter Jones T (#6 overall SEA), Tarik Glenn T (#19 overall IND)

1998:

Kyle Turley T (#7 overall NO), Tra Thomas T (#11 overall PHI), Alan Faneca G (#26 overall PITT)

1999:

John Tait T (#14 overall KC), Damien Woody G (#17 overall NE)

2000:

Chris Samuels T (#3 overall WASH)

2001:

Leonard Davis T (#2 overall ARZ), Steve Hutchinson G (#17 overall SEA)

2002:

Mike Williams T (#4 overall BUF), Bryant McKinnie T (#7 overall MIN)

2003:

Jordan Gross T (#8 overall CAR)

2004:

Robert Gallery T (#2 overall OAK)

Every single year...it never fails.

i kinda agree with manofsteel. the O line's bad, but i think it's more a matter of crappy coaching, inexperience, and the fact they haven't worked together much than a matter of talent.

Of course you do...you're a Dolphins fan :P

Let's take a look at the Miami Draft History from 1994 (the year that Bowens was drafted) to 2003.

RED: Damn Good Pick

BOLD: O-Line Pick within first three rounds

Rd Sel# Player Pos. School

1 20 Bowens, Tim DT Mississippi

2 54 Beavers, Aubrey LB Oklahoma

2 65 Ruddy, Tim C Notre Dame

4 112 Woolfork, Ronnie LB Colorado

5 147 Gaines, William DT Florida

6 177 Boyer, Brant MLB Arizona

7 214 Hill, Sean DB Montana State

1 25 Milner, Billy T Houston

2 53 Greene, Andrew G Indiana

4 122 Mitchell, Pete TE Boston College

5 158 Hand, Norman DT Mississippi

6 194 Kopp, Jeff LB Southern California

7 233 Swinson, Corey DT Hampton

7 246 Myers, Shannon WR Lenoir-Rhyne

1 20 Gardener, Daryl DT Baylor

3 79 Brew, Dorian DB Kansas

3 80 al-Jabbar, Abdul-Karim RB UCLA

4 113 Pointer, Kirk DB Austin Peay

4 118 Pritchett, Stanley FB South Carolina

4 125 Jones, LaCurtis LB Baylor

5 134 McPhail, Jerris RB East Carolina

5 150 Burton, Shane DT Tennessee

5 154 Thomas, Zach MLB Texas Tech

6 189 Wooden, Shawn FS Notre Dame

7 230 Buckey, Jeff T Stanford

7 251 Hunter, Brice WR Georgia

1 15 Green, Yatil WR Miami

2 44 Madison, Sam CB Louisville

3 73 Taylor, Jason DE Akron

3 92 Rodgers, Derrick OLB Arizona State

3 93 Ward, Ronnie LB Kansas

3 96 Smith, Brent T Mississippi State

4 121 Daniels, Jerome T Northeastern

5 149 Tanner, Barron DT Oklahoma

5 157 Lopez, Nicholas DE Texas Southern

6 166 Fiala, John ILB Washington

6 170 Manning, Brian WR Stanford

6 173 Crawford, Mike LB Nevada

6 177 Perry, Ed TE James Madison

7 203 Ismaeli, Hudhaifa DB Northwestern

1 29 Avery, John RB Mississippi

2 44 Surtain, Patrick CB Southern Mississippi

2 49 Mixon, Kenny DE Louisiana State

3 79 Jackson, Brad OLB Cincinnati

3 82 Shannon, Larry WR East Carolina

4 102 Bromell, Lorenzo DE Clemson

5 143 Shaw, Scott G Michigan State

6 171 Strikwerda, Nathan C Northwestern

6 172 Dutton, John QB Nevada

7 210 Bundren, Jim G Clemson

2 39 Johnson, James RB Mississippi State

2 43 Konrad, Rob FB Syracuse

3 72 Ruegamer, Grey C Arizona State

5 134 Collins, Cecil RB McNeese State

5 142 Jones, Bryan LB Oregon State

6 192 Bartholomew, Brent P Ohio State

7 232 Haley, Jermaine DT Butte JC

7 244 Wong, Joe T Brigham Young

2 53 Wade, Todd T Mississippi

3 84 Kelly, Ben CB Colorado

4 117 Dyer, Deon FB North Carolina

5 152 Freeman, Arturo SS South Carolina

6 167 Grant, Ernest DT Arkansas-Pine Bluff

7 232 Harris, Jeff CB Georgia

1 26 Fletcher, Jamar CB Wisconsin

2 52 Chambers, Chris WR Wisconsin

3 85 Minor, Travis RB Florida State

3 88 Greenwood, Morlon OLB Syracuse

5 156 Draper, Shawn TE Alabama

6 164 Winey, Brandon T Louisiana State

6 177 Heupel, Josh QB Oklahoma

6 187 Leverette, Otis DE Ala.-Birmingham

6 188 Crowell, Rick LB Colorado State

3 90 McKinney, Seth C Texas A&M

4 114 McMichael, Randy TE Georgia

5 161 Lowe, Omare CB Washington

5 170 Simmons, Sam WR Northwestern

7 241 Henry, Leonard RB East Carolina

2 49 Eddie Moore LB Tennessee

3 78 Wade Smith T Memphis

3 87 Taylor Whitley G Texas A&M

5 156 Donald Lee TE Mississippi State

5 169 J.R. Tolver WR San Diego State

6 181 Corey Jenkins OLB South Carolina

6 209 Tim Provost T San Jose State

6 213 Yeremiah Bell DB Eastern Kentucky

7 248 Davern Williams DT Troy State

The only starters on the O-Line drafted in that time period are Wade Smith and Seth McKinney, both of whom were 3rd round picks in 2002 and 2003.

And what's even more alarming is that their last good defensive pick was in 1998, during the Jimmy Johnson era!

What exactly have Wannie and the gang been doing down there for, count em...6 years? Vegetating? These awesome defensive players drafted in between 94 and 98 are getting old....

This is a team that is pretty f***ing far from having a good plan. They need to take this Eric Winston guy from the Miami Hurricanes...I've been reading that he is the finest offensive lineman that Miami has produced in decades? Get him, and go from there.

Or you can just adopt another team. :D

Sorry dude, but as a Dolphins fan and a member of the best Dolphins site.. I can GUARANTEE you that if Miami selects another OLineman with our #1, we are gonna be OUTRAGED!

Top 10 pick, you better grab Cedric Benson or DJ Johnson..

BTW, while all those guys you listed are good lineman, FEW of them are cant miss guys like a Gallery or a Pace

Sorry dude, but as a Dolphins fan and a member of the best Dolphins site.. I can GUARANTEE you that if Miami selects another OLineman with our #1, we are gonna be OUTRAGED!

Top 10 pick, you better grab Cedric Benson or DJ Johnson..

BTW, while all those guys you listed are good lineman, FEW of them are cant miss guys like a Gallery or a Pace

I have the Lindy's Season Preview Mag in front of me right now, and here is their Top 10 list of Tackles in the NFL.

Top 10 Tackles

1. Jonathan Ogden (96)

2. Orlando Pace (97)

3. Walter Jones (97)

4. Willie Roaf (1st rounder in 93)

5. Flozell Adams

6. Tarik Glenn (97)

7. Willie Anderson (96)

8. Brad Hopkins

9. Kyle Turley (98)

10. John Tait (99)

They're not giving enough respect to tackles drafted since 2000. Leonard Davis, Mike Williams, and Robert Gallery will be Top 10 before long. McKinnie and Samuels are pretty damn good.

How could Dolphins fans not want one of these guys?

I have the Lindy's Season Preview Mag in front of me right now, and here is their Top 10 list of Tackles in the NFL.

Top 10 Tackles

1. Jonathan Ogden (96)

2. Orlando Pace (97)

3. Walter Jones (97)

4. Willie Roaf (1st rounder in 93)

5. Flozell Adams

6. Tarik Glenn (97)

7. Willie Anderson (96)

8. Brad Hopkins

9. Kyle Turley (98)

10. John Tait (99)

They're not giving enough respect to tackles drafted since 2000.  Leonard Davis, Mike Williams, and Robert Gallery will be Top 10 before long.  McKinnie and Samuels are pretty damn good.

How could Dolphins fans not want one of these guys?

Personally I hope the dolphins draft an offensive lineman. The offensive line is by far the biggest weakness on the team, as far as skill positions go, wide recievers are set, there is a ton of talk already about edge wanting to come to miami when the year is over, and I believe feeley can win if he has an offensive line that can block. They better draft an olineman, jmo.

You forgot to highlight Tim Ruddy, both an OL and a good pick.  And getting Norman Hand in the fifth round was a steal.

I had forgotten about Cecil Collins, he was supposed to be somethin else.

Yeah he was till he got arrested haha...

The Phins better not draft an OLineman, thats all Im saying.. They need to let Vernon Carey get into the games, and they need to add FA lineman.. If they can get Edge to come to Miami, then DJ Johnson is a MUST pick with our 1st rounder.. Our LBers and our whole D is aging for that matter... Its time to add youth and DJ Johnson would be an EXCELLENT pick

ruddy probably qualifies as an outstanding pick. only one pro bowl (alternate, actually), but he started for a decade or so and was always solid.

i'm not saying i'm going up in a belltower if the dolphins draft an OL. if this winston dude's available and as good as y'alls say (i don't follow college ball closely enough to have an opinion), i might be fine with the pick. what i'm really saying is that it's week 2, and it's likely the line'll improve (if for no other reason than that it can't get worse). if it's still this bad throughout the season and at the end of the season, i'll be a lot more receptive to drafting OL first round. but DL is something i know we're gonna need.

now please stop putting up past dolphins drafts before i kill myself. :fyou john avery.

You forgot to highlight Tim Ruddy, both an OL and a good pick.  And getting Norman Hand in the fifth round was a steal.

I thought about highlighting Norman Hand, but I decided not to. He was good for a year or two, IIRC.

I didn't notice Ruddy...I was looking for tackles and guards. I can't recall ever seeing a center drafted so high. All of your outstanding centers in this league are undrafted free agents and 6th+ round picks (Mawae, Kreutz, Birk, Nalen, etc). Although the Packers were wise to pick Flanagan in the 3rd round....very wise. Center is hands down the most slept on position on the draft board from what I can gather.

ruddy probably qualifies as an outstanding pick. only one pro bowl (alternate, actually), but he started for a decade or so and was always solid.

i'm not saying i'm going up in a belltower if the dolphins draft an OL. if this winston dude's available and as good as y'alls say (i don't follow college ball closely enough to have an opinion), i might be fine with the pick. what i'm really saying is that it's week 2, and it's likely the line'll improve (if for no other reason than that it can't get worse). if it's still this bad throughout the season and at the end of the season, i'll be a lot more receptive to drafting OL first round. but DL is something i know we're gonna need.

now please stop putting up past dolphins drafts before i kill myself.  :fyou  john avery.

Very true, and thats why I am saying we dont need to go all out to grab an OLineman with our number one next year..

Our line may very well come together, and Vernon Carey (Our number one last year) isnt even starting.. So I mean we could be a lot worse then we are now.. McIntosh comes back this week and they have a whole year to play together.. Aside from that, you can get a good OLineman in FA..

If we can get Edge, I think DJ Johnson is gonna be heavily considered... I think aside from O Line the biggest needs for us would be DT and LB.. DT's can be had anywhere in the draft but a player like DJ Johnson, that would be GREAT to have on our team