Congratulations to Paul Konerko

southsider2k5

If he can some how end the season with an average of .290 with an obp of .365-.370. Oh damn that would be insane trade bait.

I really don't think a good streak here at the end will raise PK's trade value much. GM's know what Konerko is. It might work with fans, but I doubt it affects the opinion of any GMs.

You guys really think that 40 HRs and 111 RBI without the protection of two of the best hitters in baseball, DOESN'T have trade value???

I think PK"s got PLENTY of trade value. I just don't think that a few hits here at the end will enhance his value much, if any.

I think PK"s got PLENTY of trade value.  I just don't think that a few hits here at the end will enhance his value much, if any.

I wasn't addressing you specifically YAS, but a lot of people seem to be stuck in 2003 when it comes to PK. The guy IS the MLB 2004 comeback player of the year IMO. He also has had one bad year out of 6. People seem to be holding his trade value to 2003 instead of the other 5 years, and I don't quite understand that.

Why does it seem to me that instead of being happy with a 40/111 guy, we spend a bunch of time looking for a 40/111 guy who is making less to put on the payroll? So far we've wanted to trade every guy in the lineup hoping for some Holy Grail of guys making the league min and hitting .330/40/100

We need to build around guys like Kong, not trade them away. We've been creating more holes then filling.

I wasn't addressing you specifically YAS, but a lot of people seem to be stuck in 2003 when it comes to PK.  The guy IS the MLB 2004 comeback player of the year IMO.  He also has had one bad year out of 6.  People seem to be holding his trade value to 2003 instead of the other 5 years, and I don't quite understand that.

Nor do I

Why does it seem to me that instead of being happy with a 40/111 guy, we spend a bunch of time looking for a 40/111 guy who is making less to put on the payroll? So far we've wanted to trade every guy in the lineup hoping for some Holy Grail of guys making the league min and hitting .330/40/100

We need to build around guys like Kong, not trade them away. We've been creating more holes then filling.

I feel that unless JR loosens the purse strings, that we will have to trade either Konerko or Lee to restructure the team as it needs to be done. I'd love to keep them both.

I feel that unless JR loosens the purse strings, that we will have to trade either Konerko or Lee to restructure the team as it needs to be done.  I'd love to keep them both.

I understand, then next off season we'll be complaining we don't have a decent 1st baseman and/or LFer and will need some sort of trade to fill the hole at 1st or LF.

When can we fill a hole without creating a new one?

:rhetorical question: :pray

A couple more notes on Pauly's 6 years on the southside.

His 40 HRs, giving him a total of 162 HRs, moved him from 10th to 6th in one season on the all-time White Sox HR list. In one season he passed Sherm Lollar, Minnie Minoso, Ron Kittle, and Bill Melton. He currently stands only 9 behind Robin Ventura, for 5th, and 25 behind Maggs for 4th.

Also on the RBI front his 557 RBIs move PK within 74 of Sherm Lollar for 10th on the all-time White Sox RBI leaders. In his 6 seasons here, he has averaged 92.8 RBI per season, even including the disaterous 65 last year.

I wasn't addressing you specifically YAS, but a lot of people seem to be stuck in 2003 when it comes to PK.  The guy IS the MLB 2004 comeback player of the year IMO.  He also has had one bad year out of 6.  People seem to be holding his trade value to 2003 instead of the other 5 years, and I don't quite understand that.

I am not saying whatsoever that he does not have any trade value because right now he has a s*** load. Just saying would like to see him get hot and add just a wee bit more value. I basically wrote last year off for him and to me he is about a .290 hitter hitter in his career with the white sox compared to about .277-.279 he really is with the terrible season last year.