Friday's Game

clujer420

Hey guys...

With all that's going on with the war, I'm not sure how many people care about today's game against the Angels. But, I wanted to let those who do know that I'm unable to do play-by-play (hold back your tears, please) because I'm getting the following error message...

"MLB Plug-in Requirements - We have detected that you do not have RealOne installed on your system. Click here to upgrade or install RealOne"

Even though that's BS, I tried to download it again, and I got the message "You already have the latest version of Real".

So, I don't know what's going on. :(

Thats ok man. You tried and thats all that matters. Besides, I think Im gonna watch the war coverage now anyways...

Yeah...it would be kind of hard to get too enthused about an exhibition game with all that's going on anyway. Maybe it's for the better that Real is f'ing up. :huh:

Heh, there seems to be some confusion as to who the Sox are playing, because I've seen several sites saying that the Sox are playing Seattle today, and Anaheim is playing Oakland. The Sox official page says they're playing the Angels, so that's what I'll go with. I've seen scores for both games, though, LOL. Maybe it's a split-squad situation...but I don't think there are enough players left to make 2 teams. I dunno. :huh:

Sox 4 Angels 0 top 4

Sox 4 Mariners 4 top 6

Heh, there seems to be some confusion as to who the Sox are playing, because I've seen several sites saying that the Sox are playing Seattle today, and Anaheim is playing Oakland.  The Sox official page says they're playing the Angels, so that's what I'll go with.  I've seen scores for both games, though, LOL.  Maybe it's a split-squad situation...but I don't think there are enough players left to make 2 teams.  I dunno. :huh:

Sox 4 Angels 0 top 4

Sox 4 Mariners 4 top 6

You got the Sox, M's Score from Yahoo, right?

When will they get their heads out of their asses? We play the M's TOMMRROW!

- Pete

When will they get their heads out of their asses?  We play the M's TOMMRROW!

- Pete

Yes, Yahoo.

The thing I don't understand is how can they have a score for a game that is not even being played? Are they just making up numbers?

Who pitched for the Sox today?

Well...Loaiza pitched about 3 games ago, Garland pitched about 2 games ago, and Buehrle pitched yesterday, so it wasn't them. I suppose it could have been Colon, or possibly Josh Stewart. I'll try to find out and let you know ASAP.

Suppose Stewart opens the season as the starter with Wright starting it on the DL or in the minors.

Then Stewart pitches good his first couple starts, do the Sox then tell Wright have the surgery now, get healthy and we'll see you back in Chicago in June?

I'd say that would make a lot of sense, especially if Stewart proves he can handle the majors. Plus, we still have a couple backup plans and that way we know we have a healthy Wright when it matters, down the strecth. Supposedly its 4-6 weeks to get better from this type of surgery. I'm assuming he gets healthy in 6, takes 3 weeks in the minors or so, and then we can get him up in Chicago ready to roll. It would be almost like a trade where we don't have to give anyone up.

Hey, just got home, guess I'll do updates for the final inning. :huh:

the Top 9th

Percy comes in for Angels (Percival's 33 years old :o )

*Sox scored 4 in 2nd inning

Konerko goes full count before going down looking on a Percy fastball (Paul's 3rd K this game), 1 out

Aaron Miles grounds out to Figgins, 2 outs

Joe Borchard hits double that one-hops the wall :headbang

Percy wild pitch sends Borchard to third, still 2 down

Jamie Burke fouls out, 3 outs

1 hit, 0 runs, 1 stranded

Going to bottom of ninth, 5-0 Sox

Bottom 9th

Koch (28 years old) in for the Sox

-Fullmer: hard-hit ball to Borchard, Joe having trouble w/ ball, standup double for Fullmer, man on 2nd nobody out

-Koch walks Nieves on 4 straight...1st and 2nd, nobody out

-Koch whiffs Davanon, 1st and 2nd 1 out

-Burke to Harris to Konerko DOUBLE PLAY, Koch gets out of the jam and preserves his 0.00 ERA in 8 apperances

5-0 SOX SHUTOUT CHAMPS :headbang

When will they get their heads out of their asses?  We play the M's TOMMRROW!

- Pete

Yes, Yahoo.

The thing I don't understand is how can they have a score for a game that is not even being played? Are they just making up numbers?

yup

Hey, just got home, guess I'll do updates for the final inning. :huh:

the  Top 9th

Percy comes in for Angels (Percival's 33 years old :o )

*Sox scored 4 in 2nd inning

Konerko goes full count before going down looking on a Percy fastball (Paul's 3rd K this game), 1 out

Aaron Miles grounds out to Figgins, 2 outs

Joe Borchard hits double that one-hops the wall :headbang

Percy wild pitch sends Borchard to third, still 2 down

Jamie Burke fouls out, 3 outs

1 hit, 0 runs, 1 stranded

Going to bottom of ninth, 5-0 Sox

Heh, thanks for that.

For some reason, the feed wasn't working for me today. Hopefully it's just a temporary problem.

Anyway, very nice win for the Sox. They did leave a lot of guys on base (I think 11 or 12) and made 2 errors, but anytime you can shut out the champs, you have to be happy about that.

14-8-1 is the Sox record now. That's pretty darned good after a rough start.