Friday's Game

clujer420

You got the Sox, M's Score from Yahoo, right?

When will they get their heads out of their asses?  We play the M's TOMMRROW!

- Pete

Yes, Yahoo.

The thing I don't understand is how can they have a score for a game that is not even being played? Are they just making up numbers?

yup

According to MLB.com 7-5 was the final of the M's/PADRES game.

- Pete

The recap is up on whitesox.com, but no box score yet. I did love this part about Stewart:

Josh Stewart dominated the Angels starting lineup, which, minus David Eckstein, was the same group that captured the title last season. Stewart worked five innings, allowing five hits and striking out three.  

The recap is up on whitesox.com, but no box score yet. I did love this part about Stewart:

Josh Stewart dominated the Angels starting lineup, which, minus David Eckstein, was the same group that captured the title last season. Stewart worked five innings, allowing five hits and striking out three.  

Thats amazing. Stewart is what 24?hes really broken out over the last year....

Well, while Josh is having a very impressing (and quite frankly, surprising IMO) Spring, let's not start saying he's "broken out". The key word in my previous sentence was "Spring". Let's give him some starts when it counts and see how he deals with it. I predict that even if Josh doesn't start the season in the rotation, he'll be in it by the end of the season (because quite frankly, I can't see Loaiza being as effective as he has been for the full season). Plus, having him in the rotation would give us better balance (3 righties and 2 lefties as opposed to the 4/1 that it is now).

This season could be great guys.

:bringit

Well, while Josh is having a very impressing (and quite frankly, surprising IMO) Spring, let's not start saying he's "broken out". The key word in my previous sentence was "Spring". Let's give him some starts when it counts and see how he deals with it. I predict that even if Josh doesn't start the season in the rotation, he'll be in it by the end of the season (because quite frankly, I can't see Loaiza being as effective as he has been for the full season). Plus, having him in the rotation would give us better balance (3 righties and 2 lefties as opposed to the 4/1 that it is now).

This season could be great guys.

:bringit

Agree with him giving up more balance in the rotation...

The broken out comment was not based solely on ST... but i believe he came on strong at the end of last year in the minors and also had a great AFL.....

Box Score:

D Jimenez- 2 for 3, 2 runs, 1 RBi

W Harris- 0 for 2

T Graffanino-3 for 5, 1 RBi

C Lee-1 for 3, 1 RBI

A Rios- 0 for 2

P Konerko-1 for 4, 1 RBI

B Daubach-0 for 4

A Miles- 0 for 1

J Borchard-1 for 4, 1 run

J Crede-2 for 4

J Burke-0 for 1

A Rowand-0 for 3

S Alomar-1 for 3

J Stewart (W,1-0) 5 innings pitched, 5 hits, 0 runs, 3 Ks

G Glover-1 inning, 0 hits

D Sanders-1 inning, 1 hit, 1 K

M Porzio-1 inning, 0 hits

B Koch-1 inning, 1 hit, 1 BB, 1 K

Final: 5-0 Sox

IMO, the most impressive thing about Josh's game today was not his 5 scoreless innings. To me, the most impressive thing is his 5 walkless innings. The Sox seem to be doing much better so far in terms of walks. Walks killed us last year (they always seem to, actually), and if we can cut down on them, success will follow.