Sox Getting New Baseball Advisor?

beck72

According to this weeks "Sports Weekly" Buzz, John Boles, senior advisor for Baseball Operations in LA, may join the Sox. He reportedly was upset that he wasn't consulted about the Brad Penny deal and will resign to join the Sox.

With LA's minor league resurgence of top talent in the past few years, he could help the Sox minor leagues. Interestingly enough, he was part of the MArlins organization in the late 90's, and even managed for a year or two. Wonder if he'll have his eyes on any of his old players from either LA or the Marlins?

This guy seems to have a good track record in finding minor league talent. The Sox certainly need guys like this.

Wow, if this guy is actually responsible for the Dodgers minors, sign him up ASAP!

If he does quit over not being consulted in the Brad Penny trade, it shows he's got brains. What I'd really like to find is what talent he was directly responsible for finding/ signing. His title is /was "senior Advisor, Baseball Operations", fwiw.

BTW, a local LA radio/ TV station had a blurb on the net that he did resign, but I couldn't find it.

Any help is wholly appreciated.

Hey, maybe we can actually develop a decent pitcher now! (Aside from B-Mac, naturally)

Or we could hold on to a Jeremy Reed type player....3-5 last night. Sigh.

I did not want the Sox to trade Reed. The Sox farm system has been terrible the last few years, but this is one player that is going to have a productive ML career if he stays healthy. Just my opinion.

Boles was not responsible for the Dodgers farm system. He may have had input, but he was basically one of Dan Evans baseball people, brought in similar to Roland Hemond, to offer a veteran point of view.

I have met John Boles and he is truly one of the class guys in baseball. He will fit right in with Roland as polar opposites of Kenny Williams. LOL

Boles was not responsible for the Dodgers farm system.  He may have had input, but he was basically one of Dan Evans baseball people, brought in similar to Roland Hemond, to offer a veteran point of view. 

I have met John Boles and he is truly one of the class guys in baseball.  He will fit right in with Roland as polar opposites of Kenny Williams.  LOL

How many times have you met Williams, just curious?