Too Early to Judge Valdez?

bjm676

In his 20+ at bats, Wilson Valdez looks like he can handle Major League pitching and has made some good plays with the glove. I know it might be too early to judge him, but maybe he'll be a nice utility guy for us next year. Thoughts?

In his 20+ at bats, Wilson Valdez looks like he can handle Major League pitching and has made some good plays with the glove.  I know it might be too early to judge him, but maybe he'll be a nice utility guy for us next year.  Thoughts?

I could see him as a utility guy. He doesn't seem to be afraid to hit, and he has good range, and a good throwing motion.

Yes, it's too early to judge Valdez.

It is too early. He mad an error in the 1st inning on Thursday and the Royals got an unearned run out of it. I think we should trade him since that is the knock on Jose V.

Jose has 27 homers and Valdez has singles and one double. Defensively I just haven't seen anything.

It's too early because he has 20 something at bats in the majors. If they judged Willie Mays on his first 20 at bats, he'd have been released. Robin Ventura also. Can Valdez help us next year? Possibly. But it's still too early to know if he'd be an asset or a flop.

As a utility guy he has shown so far that he can do that. However, I want to see him play every 3 or 4 games and then see how he performs. That's likely what he'll be doing next season and I think that being able to hit under those circumstances would prove he can be a utility man. The factor that Jose can be replaced by Uribe and Harris along with the factor of not having to pay him means that he shouldn't be here next year. Valdez being a capable utility man would make it all the better.

i wouldnt mind seeing a year of as a depth chart

3bUribe/Crede

SS Valdez/Uribe

2b Harris/Valdez/Uribe

1b PK

RF FA/rowand

CF rowand/fa

LF lee

C burke/davis

DH thomas/everet(not by choice

1 Top tier Fa pitcher(long term depending on age)

2 Buhrle

3 Garcia

4 contreas

5 Garland

i think that would be the best way to spend our available money to be honest

that would give us the best fielding infield we have had in years along with the fastest, with (lenty of growing pains i know) but then think of the next year when we have everyone else listed with more experience