Guess who's back?

southsider2k5

Speaking of your grass... how is the new place going?  Do you have grass yet?

We have (since we closed) grass in the front yard but not the back.

I need to get some down. Hell, ideally I should do it before we get all this rain. But $$ is an issue - it costs a lot to sod an entire backyard, even on a postage stamp lot.

We have (since we closed) grass in the front yard but not the back.

I need to get some down.  Hell, ideally I should do it before we get all this rain.  But $$ is an issue - it costs a lot to sod an entire backyard, even on a postage stamp lot.

what are you planning on putting down? Common carpet grass or something more exotic? Do you have to worry about winter hardiness way up north?

Ivan is one crazy beast. I thought he went up to New York and if he did, how did he get back down south? Anyways that's just crazy.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing.

Is it backlash/altered weather patterns due to the storm?

EDIT: nevermind, just read the link lol

Edited by Queen Prawn

what are you planning on putting down? Common carpet grass or something more exotic? Do you have to worry about winter hardiness way up north?

Bermuda grass.

They tell us to have all of it planted by the end of Sept. 30 because otherwise the roots can't take hold good enough before a potential frost, the earliest would be Nov 15thish and that would be really early.

Grubbs - those get burnt up in the Texas sun, so we don't have any of those. :lol:

Just fire ants.  Those bastards suck ass.

fire ants are nasty, nasty creatures.

I have 429 bermuda in my backyard. The previous owner was the golf pro at a local country club and grabbed a bag of the same seed the fairways were seeded with. I haven't maintained it to the same standards so I do not have the super tight smooth surface.

My front is a drought resistent St. Augustine that I love. Very green and takes almost zero water.