Media trust at all time lows

southsider2k5

American businesses are great marketers and imitators. Why aren't more media outlets copying Fox?

Would you agree that Fox's strategy out of the gate was to produce a conservative friendly newscast and jump on the bandwagon startedby rush, et. al.?

Because it flies against the nature of who the "mainstream" press is. And that has been there, IMO, since Watergate, the last TRUE piece of journalism that wasn't a witchhunt (but even that was a little).

I think Faux News was a spin of Rush to a certain extent, I would say no to Hannity because his popularity didn't hit until he was on Faux news himself...

Over time, the news will I sure hope get back to "truth in journalism" without political affiliation, although I doubt it, because with politics comes sensationalism, and that is what sells.

A Favorite Al Franken Quote:

"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."

- Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Yeah, that damned liberal media never hounded Clinton at all for any sexual improprieties at all.

There was something involving a girl named Monica.  Did anybody ever hear about that?

The media is only as liberal as the conservative business interests that own the outlets.

Oh, you mean the story that Newsweek dropped and Matt Drudge went with? Why did they drop that again? Oh yeah, I remember, they're not in the business of getting scoops.

Oh, you mean the story that Newsweek dropped and Matt Drudge went with? Why did they drop that again? Oh yeah, I remember, they're not in the business of getting scoops.

Or is it the Kerry intern story that Drudge ran and then was forced to retract because it was false?

Which Drudge story are you talking about? The Kerry or the Clinton?

Matt was right on Clinton wrong on Kerry. I was wondering which one you are talking about.

You know which one was I was referring to. I quoted Apu origianlly. I'm not arguing the integrity of Drudge. I'm arguing that the mainstream sits on stories that are potentially damaging to "their guy." I'm not saying it doesn't happen on the other side, but CBS, Newsweek, NY Times are the ones that have been busted.

Go ahead and bring up Rush and Hannity. They are editorialists, not news anchors. It's totally different.

You know which one was I was referring to. I quoted Apu origianlly. I'm not arguing the integrity of Drudge. I'm arguing that the mainstream sits on stories that are potentially damaging to "their guy." I'm not saying it doesn't happen on the other side, but CBS, Newsweek, NY Times are the ones that have been busted.

Go ahead and bring up Rush and Hannity. They are editorialists, not news anchors. It's totally different.

If they jump on the story and it's false they lose, if they wait until it's verified, they lose. Nothing journalists do is right by the GOP. The Grand Old Party wants to be free of criticism and have the American public just listen to their cheerleaders.

Enjoy the GOP Broadcasting System. It's like valium for the truth.

After the flops of Troopergate, Whitewater and the Juanita Broadderick case...just about everything they tried to throw at Clinton didn't stick because there was no evidence.

So the media was a bit skeptical of being thrown in the loop again with no actual story to show for it. David Brock (the author of The Real Anita Hill) was the guy who broke a lot of those stories for the Washington Times. His book "Blinded by the Right" goes into a lot of detail about how skeptical even the right wing journals and such that he worked for were about the Monica Lewinsky thing because it, like the numerous others they investigated, would have no merit.

It's not so much that this could be damning but when you put your hand on the stove and get burned with Troopergate et al., you may be a little less apt to put your hand on the stove again so fast the next time.