Campaign 2004, How involved are you?

Texsox

Do you have any campaign signs displayed on your car, home, person?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have any campaign signs displayed on your car, home, person?

• Yes
    • No

its funny that you post this question. I was just talking about this earlier today. The point is why you dont mix business and politics.

A neighboor of mine, whom I greatly respect, helped me pick out an engagement ring a few months ago. He's a sales manager for a large jewelry store. We are planning on getting the wedding rings from him too. Well I come home yesterday afternoon and see Bush signs on his car, his wife's car and in his kids window. Wasn't there the day before. Now I feel like I don't respect him as much as I did before. I don't know why or if this is fair. Part of me feels like I should take my business elsewhere.

I'm also in sales and learned a long time ago not to discuss politics or religion with a client. It's a divisive issue. I'd hate to lose a customer because I told him I was a Dem or something.

In any case, my Kerry poster is going up in the window today.

its funny that you post this question. I was just talking about this earlier today. The point is why you dont mix business and politics.

A neighboor of mine, whom I greatly respect, helped me pick out an engagement ring a few months ago.  He's a sales manager for a large jewelry store. We are planning on getting the wedding rings from him too. Well I come home yesterday afternoon and see Bush signs on his car, his wife's car and in his kids window. Wasn't there the day before. Now I feel like I don't respect him as much as I did before. I don't know why or if this is fair. Part of me feels like I should take my business elsewhere.

I'm also in sales and learned a long time ago not to discuss politics or religion with a client. It's a divisive issue. I'd hate to lose a customer because I told him I was a Dem or something.

In any case, my Kerry poster is going up in the window today.

Hey man, you might support Kerry and I might support Bush, but everyone is human and no one should be judged for their political beliefs.

Like say, you and I are Sox fans, and that bonds us. But please don't hate me because I think Bush, in this case, is better then Kerry. I think a lot of people are better then both of them but that is not the question facing our country anymore.

Hopefully that makes sense.

no, don't think that I hate the guy.. it justs drops him a few levels in my book. And that's why it's not smart to mix politics and business. The fact that I even considered not giving him my business anymoe should be reason enough not to put his beliefs out there.

ok, so I just dropped down a few notches in your book because of my political beliefs? That's harsh. :lol:

I don't think any less of you because you're a Kerry supporter, I just don't agree.

Interesting. Does anyone else feel this way?

ok, so I just dropped down a few notches in your book because of my political beliefs?  That's harsh. :lol:

I don't think any less of you because you're a Kerry supporter, I just don't agree.

Interesting.  Does anyone else feel this way?

Nah, I just don't like you. :ph34r: :D

no, don't think that I hate the guy.. it justs drops him a few levels in my book. And that's why it's not smart to mix politics and business. The fact that I even considered not giving him my business anymoe should be reason enough not to put his beliefs out there.

I think your reaction to discovering his political beliefs natural. I've had the sametype of things happen to me. There's more to life than politics so don't worry about it.

ok, so I just dropped down a few notches in your book because of my political beliefs?  That's harsh. :lol:

Interesting.  Does anyone else feel this way?

Personally I think less of you after knowing you for 12+ years...