This album deserves its own thread

Cerbaho-WG

Since coming to the lovely town of Bloomington, Indiana, I have found myself surrounded by outlets that sell music that I absolutely could not find back in suburbia. After giving an Explosions In The Sky CD to a hallmate, he said I could have a copy of any CD of his. I chose a band called M83 because I thought a song of theirs, "America", was catchy. Also, my hallmates said it was a great album. So I got it burned for me...and then my ears exploded.

This CD is f***ing AMAZING. M83 - Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts is one of the best albums I've ever laid my hands on, and this is coming from a guy who really doesn't like electronica at all. To summarize M83's album, it's defined as progressive electronic, but that title does not do it justice. M83, who is a 2 man group from France, add so many layers to each song, but make them so enjoyable as a result. There is something you'll like on the surface, but deep down there is something even better for the listener to discover. I can listen to this album through and through and still be mind-boggled as a result. This is one of the best albums I have ever listened to, a gem.

In my mind, this is what The Postal Service should sound like. Download, if you have Soulseek, a song called "Unrecorded" by M83 and listen to the first half. You'll see what I mean.