CUBS LOSE!!!!!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this thread is devoted to the Northside Chokers, I'll post a rumor heard on 670 The Score.

There's a chance I misheard the exact contenxt of their "scoreboard update", but from what I gathered there is impending "personnel change" following this season for the Cubs. In particular, the possibility Mets may be interested in acquiring Sammy Sosa.

Has anyone heard rumors concerning this?

Since this thread is devoted to the Northside Chokers, I'll post a rumor heard on 670 The Score.

There's a chance I misheard the exact contenxt of their "scoreboard update", but from what I gathered  there is impending "personnel change" following this season for the Cubs.  In particular, the possibility Mets may be interested in acquiring Sammy Sosa.

Has anyone heard rumors concerning this?

Why the hell would Omar Manaya want anything to do with Sammy Sosa? I highly - highly doubt it.

BTW - great move by the Mets, getting Manaya in there...

Why the hell would Omar Manaya want anything to do with Sammy Sosa?  I highly - highly doubt it.

BTW - great move by the Mets, getting Manaya in there...

I know the Mets are notorious for their stupidity when it comes to their payroll. But why on earth would they want a declining Sammy at what he's makin?

I know the Mets are notorious for their stupidity when it comes to their payroll.  But why on earth would they want a declining Sammy at what he's makin?

Two things.

1) They missed out on Vlad last year, becuase they we're cheap and didn't think he was healthy. Basically they pulled a 'Sox', they got close, but had no intention of signing him.

2) It's NYC, they always feel the need to make what they deem to be a big splash with the Yanks. Especially after they sent Kazmir away, not good.

Here are the pitching matchups for the Giants and Astros.

Friday (Oct. 1)

Colorado Rockies at Houston Astros

J. Kennedy 9-6 3.62 ERA

P. Munro 4-7 5.20 ERA

San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers

K. Rueter 8-12 4.81 ERA

J. Weaver 13-12 4.01 ERA