1.93 million

The Critic

Well, the Sox fell short of 2 million for attendance this year, but kudos to the fans for coming out this year!

Had the Sox stayed in contention, they would have drawn 2.5 mil for sure - but they faded, so there you have it.

....hey, at least JR has to pay rent this year, right?

:headbang to the 1.93 million!!

1,939,524 was last years total so its nothing really to be excited about just gives jr more reasons not to dumb more money into this team.

Disagree heavily on this. During the middle of the season after the Garcia deal and what not the Sox were constantly drawing good size crowds (i'm talking 30,000 plus) and their was a definate buzz in Chicago.

JR saw this and I think he knows the stadium isn't going to prevent people from going now and that their are still a ton of Sox fans out there.

Disagree heavily on this.  During the middle of the season after the Garcia deal and what not the Sox were constantly drawing good size crowds (i'm talking 30,000 plus) and their was a definate buzz in Chicago. 

JR saw this and I think he knows the stadium isn't going to prevent people from going now and that their are still a ton of Sox fans out there.

is it more to do with the weather or the winning you think? and school

Attendance had to look like a bell curve this year. Slow start, huge crowds in the middle, and a big drop off at the end. 2.4-2.5 wouldn't have been out of the question without a collapse. On the bright side that means at worst payroll should stay stable, or maybe even jump a little if Boyer and his crew can get out and sell some tickets for next year.

How many sellouts we have this year? 6, 7? Got to take into account the seats we lost this off-season to.

I think somewhere around 10. I know we had openning day and the Cubs series, that's 4 right there. Plus all 3 of the Red Sox games were SRO, IIRC. And I seem to remember at least a couple of half price night sell outs as well.

I think we had a few sellouts on Saturday due to fireworks. We also set our own record for sellouts in a season. I remember Dave Wills saying the previous record was 8 in 2000.

Don't forget that the schedule makers had our longest homestand during the second week in April. :headshake

Attendance had to look like a bell curve this year.  Slow start, huge crowds in the middle, and a big drop off at the end.  2.4-2.5 wouldn't have been out of the question without a collapse.  On the bright side that means at worst payroll should stay stable, or maybe even jump a little if Boyer and his crew can get out and sell some tickets for next year.

Yeah back in July I figured 2.3MIL, what I thought was conservatively, they definitely would have showed up if they kept winning....

I went to 6 games before June, 1 in July, 1 in August and none since.

Yeah back in July I figured 2.3MIL, what I thought was conservatively, they definitely would have showed up if they kept winning....

I went to 6 games before June, 1 in July, 1 in August and none since.

What date would you say the collapse started? That twins series where Hunter ran over the catcher..What date was that?

But I thought we did have some great crowds..You gotta give it to the fans who came even though it looked like we gave up towards the end..

What date would you say the collapse started? That twins series where Hunter ran over the catcher..What date was that?

But I thought we did have some great crowds..You gotta give it to the fans who came even though it looked like we gave up towards the end..

July 1st the sox Stole one from Santana on a beautiful pitching performance by Garland... They had just swept the Twins and the team thought they had this thing won...

The first 6 games in July the Sox didn't score more than 2 runs in any of them, and every offensive hole had been exposed.. Valentin/Crede/Harris/Uribe/Timo ... Once frank went down in FLA it was all over.... Most fans didn't recognize it, but you could see the writing on the wall. (this is when I realized we would not win the Central)

I could point to earlier games they should have won, games that Koch blew... The Garland perfect game vs. Montreal -- each was just a precursor to what was on the horizon.

1,939,524 was last years total so its nothing really to be excited about just gives jr more reasons not to dumb more money into this team.

There was an increase in ticket prices too.

1.93 mill this year compared to the 1.93 mill we had last year is a profit.

I expect the Sox payroll to increase. JR knows the fans will come out now...all he has to do is bring in the players to help the Sox win.

I expect KW to have a very busy offseason.

Attendance had to look like a bell curve this year.  Slow start, huge crowds in the middle, and a big drop off at the end.  2.4-2.5 wouldn't have been out of the question without a collapse.  On the bright side that means at worst payroll should stay stable, or maybe even jump a little if Boyer and his crew can get out and sell some tickets for next year.

Payroll doesn;t even have to jump to add new players cause we've got rid of a lot of dead weight on the payroll.

Well, the Sox fell short of 2 million for attendance this year, but kudos to the fans for coming out this year!

Had the Sox stayed in contention, they would have drawn 2.5 mil for sure - but they faded, so there you have it.

....hey, at least JR has to pay rent this year, right?

:headbang to the 1.93 million!!

Not Enough for Reinsdork to SPend some cash.

Payroll doesn;t even have to jump to add new players cause we've got rid of a lot of dead weight on the payroll.

The way I was figuring it, Contreras+Garcia= Maggs. Then we still have Valentin and Koch coming off of the books. But we do have raises coming key guys that will eat up some of that $11 mil.