Lee may be left out of future plans

greasywheels121

He's not going to stay in Toronto...he'll get more from someone else.  probably closer to $10 mil/yr.  I would guess LA with his best buddy Shawn Green.  Maybe we can get a package deal...we can send CLee and Kong for Green, Delgado and Edwin Jackson...and the aforementioned six pack and a bag of beans.

What? So LA will sign Delgado and trade him immediately? Has that ever happened with such a big-name player before?

I'd definitely bring back Lee rather than Konerko, even if Lee would bring back more in return. Konerko is way too streaky and is an absolute base clogger. Putting Paulie and Frank on base at the same time is just brutal, and that will probably happen fairly regularly if we keep Paulie. I think the best move is to trade him at the height of his value. We can plug in Gload for now or grab someone like Olerud(I'm not saying get Olerud, I'm saying get someone that is going to hit like .270 that is available and affordable. I'm too lazy to come up with names right now.).

I've been critical of Carlos in the past, but it's really become difficult to criticize this him in any phase of the game any more...  For two straight years, he has hit for a good average, with decent power, being underrated defensively.

The only real complaint you can have is about some boneheaded baserunning plays, but he's not the worst on the team in that area coughuribecough.

He's approching Maggs-like consistency, and being consistent tends to go unnoticed.

:cheers to Carlos -- Here's hoping he sticks around for at least another season.

Ditto.

Do you guys remember earlier in the season when Carlos went on that 27 game hitting streak? Well, yeah, most of you probably remember - but I'm thinking of the story I heard a few days after the streak had ended. I heard that he actually went to Greg Walker and said he was dissappointed that he wasn't hitting enough homers, and that he wanted more power...

I was just like - damn - after seeing that article. It really made me angry, because if Carlos took the approach that he took during that hit streak - using all fields, putting nice swings on the ball, being patient, and letting the home runs come to him - he'd be a .330 hitter with a .400+ OBP.

I really wish Carlos hadn't changed his swing from what he was doing during the hit streak. I'll take 30 percentage points over ten extra homers any day...

But back to the topic, if one of Lee/Konerko have to go, I'd have to say Konerko should go. I love both of 'em, but we need to fill more holes - and trading either one of them should fill at least two, maybe even three holes.

Do you guys remember earlier in the season when Carlos went on that 27 game hitting streak?  Well, yeah, most of you probably remember - but I'm thinking of the story I heard a few days after the streak had ended.  I heard that he actually went to Greg Walker and said he was dissappointed that he wasn't hitting enough homers, and that he wanted more power...

I was just like - damn - after seeing that article.  It really made me angry, because if Carlos took the approach that he took during that hit streak - using all fields, putting nice swings on the ball, being patient, and letting the home runs come to him - he'd be a .330 hitter with a .400+ OBP.

I really wish Carlos hadn't changed his swing from what he was doing during the hit streak.  I'll take 30 percentage points over ten extra homers any day...

But back to the topic, if one of Lee/Konerko have to go, I'd have to say Konerko should go.  I love both of 'em, but we need to fill more holes - and trading either one of them should fill at least two, maybe even three holes.

28 game hitting streaks. :headshake :P And I agree with your entire post.

Do you guys remember earlier in the season when Carlos went on that 27 game hitting streak?  Well, yeah, most of you probably remember - but I'm thinking of the story I heard a few days after the streak had ended.  I heard that he actually went to Greg Walker and said he was dissappointed that he wasn't hitting enough homers, and that he wanted more power...

I was just like - damn - after seeing that article.  It really made me angry, because if Carlos took the approach that he took during that hit streak - using all fields, putting nice swings on the ball, being patient, and letting the home runs come to him - he'd be a .330 hitter with a .400+ OBP.

I really wish Carlos hadn't changed his swing from what he was doing during the hit streak.  I'll take 30 percentage points over ten extra homers any day...

But back to the topic, if one of Lee/Konerko have to go, I'd have to say Konerko should go.  I love both of 'em, but we need to fill more holes - and trading either one of them should fill at least two, maybe even three holes.

Since "the streak" Carlos has batted .321 with a .615 Slugging percentage... No one in the AL can match that over that stretch.

Edited by The Cheat

Since "the streak" Carlos has batted .321 with a .615 Slugging percentage... No one in the AL can match that over that stretch.

Remember Carlos hardly had any power at all during the streak as well, he was just trying to put the ball in play so much. Either way, it's going to be hard to move Lee or Konerko but for the good of this team, if the right offer comes along, it should be done.

My thinking on moving Konerko or Lee .... Would you trade either of those guys straight up for JD Drew? I would, even with his history on injuries. He would fit in perfectly with the Sox. LH hitting Rf'er is exactly what we need. So, if we can sign Drew or someone similar, trade Lee or Kong and plug in with Gload at 1B or Everett and/or Borchard in LF, I think the Sox would be more balanced and more competetive.

Then, on top of that, you can add the players you receive in the trade to the equation.

My thinking on moving Konerko or Lee .... Would you trade either of those guys straight up for JD Drew?  I would, even with his history on injuries.  He would fit in perfectly with the Sox.  LH hitting Rf'er is exactly what we need.  So, if we can sign Drew or someone similar, trade Lee or Kong and plug in with Gload at 1B or Everett and/or Borchard in LF, I think the Sox would be more balanced and more competetive. 

Then, on top of that, you can add the players you receive in the trade to the equation.

I don't know if they would be willing to shell out the 10-12 million he will be asking for. I have also heard that he will give the braves a very good chance to resign him because he really likes it there and they had alot of faith in him from the start.

My thinking on moving Konerko or Lee .... Would you trade either of those guys straight up for JD Drew?  I would, even with his history on injuries.  He would fit in perfectly with the Sox.  LH hitting Rf'er is exactly what we need.  So, if we can sign Drew or someone similar, trade Lee or Kong and plug in with Gload at 1B or Everett and/or Borchard in LF, I think the Sox would be more balanced and more competetive. 

Drew wouldn't sign for us anyways considering he is a Boras client so you can probably forget that thought. It'll be interesting to see how he performs next season, when he's got a big fat contract in his hands from some team. I think we have to look elsewhere for a LH power OF.

Whether he's a Boras client or not, I'd investigate it.  Unless you could pick Steve Finley on the cheap, Drew would be the best option and I'd do my best to make it a viable option.

Finley wants to stay on the west coast. So he is another who will not come here.

Finley wants to stay on the west coast. So he is another who will not come here.

That is probably the case, but we are the closest AL team to his hometown so he might consider finishing up here where he can DH from time to time. It's a longshot, but another case worth investigating.

A player I'd love to acquire is Brad Wilkerson. The Expos need some name players in Washington, Lee or Konerko would look good in their lineup. A deal could be done there perhaps? Wilkerson is hitting .254 with 31 HR's and 64 RBI's FWIW. Brian Schenider could be a guy to go after at catcher as well.

A player I'd love to acquire is Brad Wilkerson. The Expos need some name players in Washington, Lee or Konerko would look good in their lineup. A deal could be done their perhaps? Wilkerson is hitting .254 with 31 HR's and 64 RBI's FWIW. Brian Schenider could be a guy to go after at catcher as well.

One of my favorite players in baseball.

But most importantly about his stats is his .373 obp. He does strike out an awful lot though, 143 times thus far. But i would really really like to trade for him now because like i have said a few times before when he breaks out he is gonna go insane.